Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime

12345679»

Comments

• @mycosys said:
    You really are a self asorbed cunt with a napoleon complex

If that helps you feel better about yourself, sure, I'll suffer your slings and arrows. Insults don't make you right, so you're welcome to use them as much as you please.

• @impossiblystupid said:

@mycosys said:
    You really are a self asorbed cunt with a napoleon complex

If that helps you feel better about yourself, sure, I'll suffer your slings and arrows. Insults don't make you right, so you're welcome to use them as much as you please.

Yes, you are the only person that is right about anything - the whole world says you are wrong, but they are crazy, not you

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @mycosys said:
    Yes, you are the only person that is right about anything - the whole world says you are wrong, but they are crazy, not you

Yet another talented mind reader in our midst. Thanks for telling me what I'm thinking. I don't know what I'd do without you. You are truly a gift to the world.

• @impossiblystupid said:

@mycosys said:

Yet another talented mind reader in our midst. Thanks for telling me what I'm thinking. I don't know what I'd do without you. You are truly a gift to the world.

No - i am very simply observing your behavior. It isnt hard, if you have an IQ over 80. Grow up

• goodone said: Can you suggest something better?.

none for that price :)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I'm not a mod but how about take your personal arguments to a PM?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I'm not a mod but how about take your personal arguments to a PM?

Seriously.

People are going mad for their VPS and 2 guys just doing some personal argument here.. Lol.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @cassa said:
    Still waiting for mine to get up, guess I'll open a ticket :)

Is it up or are you still on waiting line?

• I'm done with this.

Need a replacement for my 4$ 150gb vps. If you have some suggestions, please let me know.

From_Xps said: I'm done with this.

Need a replacement for my 4$ 150gb vps

Have you considered DrServer.net?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2016

@From_Xps said:
    I'm done with this.

Need a replacement for my 4$ 150gb vps. If you have some suggestions, please let me know.

If you want a replacement, just get a fresh migrated VPS with 2 months free extension.

UPDATE: The node decided to autoreboot itself twice in timespan of 72 hours. I am suspecting RAID card issue, due to the error it shows, but I am not sure. I am working with provider to fix it. Right now some VPS are online, some are not. I don't know if this server will reboot again or no. If you people want, I can start migrations for the rest of you, since there is more hardware available but that will result in some more downtime and lets hope server stays alive to complete migration. Also, once everything is over, you will be all compensated with even more free time. Do not pay the invoices, suspensions are done manually, even if billing shows that service is terminated, it mostly likely isn't.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

@Radi said:

@From_Xps said:
    I'm done with this.

If you want a replacement, just get a fresh migrated VPS with 2 months free extension.

UPDATE: The node decided to autoreboot itself twice in timespan of 72 hours. I am suspecting RAID card issue, due to the error it shows, but I am not sure. I am working with provider to fix it. Right now some VPS are online, some are not. I don't know if this server will reboot again or no. If you people want, I can start migrations for the rest of you, since there is more hardware available but that will result in some more downtime and lets hope server stays alive to complete migration. Also, once everything is over, you will be all compensated with even more free time. Do not pay the invoices, suspensions are done manually, even if billing shows that service is terminated, it mostly likely isn't.

Could be as simple as bad RAM, might want to check that before considering swapping raid hardware. I've had random reboots happen a few times (24-48 hours difference) and each time it was due to bad memory.

edited September 2016

Could be interface bonding if your using xen, been through it in 3 independent locations now, 2 nic's bonded behind a bridge will absolutely cause any Centos 6/7 node to fail when hit with high pps (migrations etc).

I scrapped the whole bond idea and wrote a bridge switching script instead.

I only mention it because I remember a while back having a conversation with your boss about bonding in xen.

If you guys need any fresh eyes on any logs let me know, happy to help.

Thanked by 1vimalware

UPDATE: It turned out to be RAID card, which is replaceable with 99.9% risk to loose all data.

I have made the decision to migrate VPS-es off the node as fast as I can. I will be doing 5-6, and estimate each batch to take up to 6-7 hours, maybe less. We have about 100 VPS to migrate. I will compensate everyone and update all tickets AFTER the migration is complete. Bumping them, will not get a response quicker.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

Keep it civil and - preferrably - in a private message, guys. We all know that this "You are stupid" - "You are even more stupid" thing always leads to nowhere. Thank you in advance!

Thanked by 1vimalware

@Amitz Peace and love. :)

• Are Hardware Raid cards worth the hassle in 2016?

Given enough ram, DC-grade caching SSDs, and a bunch of large SATA disks, looking forward to a ZFS storage vps soon. (delimiter do it, but it's openvz. Prometeus do in couple of European locations)

Tiered storage with proper data integrity is now in Linux land.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Radi said:
    UPDATE: It turned out to be RAID card, which is replaceable with 99.9% risk to loose all data.

I have made the decision to migrate VPS-es off the node as fast as I can. I will be doing 5-6, and estimate each batch to take up to 6-7 hours, maybe less. We have about 100 VPS to migrate. I will compensate everyone and update all tickets AFTER the migration is complete. Bumping them, will not get a response quicker.