Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

make love to this forum. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

make love to this forum.

Comments

• WHTWHT Member

@mtwiscool said:
    fuck this forum.

What if we all fuck you? Its same as ddosing lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

Removed.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @KuJoe said:

@mtwiscool said:

Like if KuJoe has done nothing including slander:

Math != Slander. For those interested in the context of my post, @mtwiscool said he was paying $170/year for his server, another person informed me you can get them from OVH, I checked OVH's stock and the only servers they sold for $170/year were Intel Atoms.

Source: https://vpsboard.com/topic/5038-32mb-club-now-self-sustaining/

It was an Intel I5 so maybe ask me first before fucking lying.

edited July 2016

Removed.

• Got to love it when people here have brought up unrelated things as i have not abused any VPS's at all,

Providers iv'e been with and had no issues: OVH, online.net,123systems,vpscheap and readymakers.

All active services use SSH keys and up to date software.

And iv'e received over 50 DDOS attacks against my servers by forum and irc users.

• At the most I would call that a false assumption, not lying. Two very different things.

OP, you really should step away from the computer and calm down a bit. The more you react, the more likely other people will jump in and troll you for kicks.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • MadMad Member
    edited July 2016

@mtwiscool said:
    Everyone attacks me all the fucking time.

Childhood is coming out, keep calm.

Thanked by 1doghouch
    edited July 2016

I've gone ahead and removed my posts for the sake of civility, if everybody who quoted me could edit their posts to remove my content I think the world would be a better place without me adding negativity to it.

@mtwiscool @theroyalstudent @netomx

Thanks.

• edited July 2016

Removed.

• Vote for DDOS eheheh XD

• this boy is very annoying, maybe he just want signature been clicked.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Ooooooohkay then. I think someone needs a timeout.

• edited July 2016

@KuJoe said:
    I've gone ahead and removed my posts for the sake of civility, if everybody who quoted me could edit their posts to remove my content I think the world would be a better place without me adding negativity to it.

Thanks.

Done here too. I don't exactly know him either, I'm speaking mostly with a biased opinion based off what other members here have told me, especially when I wasn't here when his failed venture took place. Sorry.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Seems a little dramatic.... If you get that angry on a forum, your personal life must suck terribly hard.

Thanked by 2netomx lazyt
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@agoldenberg said:
    @MrGeneral Motion carries.

For sure!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So yeah, that's why people don't want you as a customer.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Come on guys. The OP is known not to be as mentally stable as he probably wishes himself to be. He needs a break and got it. Don't feel too offended by him.

Thanked by 1hostdare

theroyalstudent said: I don't exactly know him either

It's a saga. I will only repeat what has been publicly revealed over the years:

• He has periodically posted various wild schemes which are laughable and this invites criticism. One I remember was his plan to setup global wifi - one SSID for everyone, by having everyone's routers bridge all over the world. Most people would look at that and giggle, and when you come to a place like LET or vpsB and post that, you're going to get mocked. The Internet is just a rude place.

• He launched the doomed 32mb.club which was like throwing red meat in front of LET/vpsB tigers. Hundreds of accounts at 32mb on an i3 with a SATA drive as I recall. When you start a venture like that, and people know you're a minor, it's not surprising that LET is not going to be welcoming.

• He's stated often that he's autistic and at one point was going to launch his own cryptocoin.

• And the tragic part of this story is that he truly has had a rough life - his mother was killed by a serial killer and he's been in foster homes for most of his childhood. He posted the name once on an IRC channel and someone googled and found the story of his mother's murder. I empathize. I privately contacted him a while back and tried to provide some guidance - because the kid does have some legitimate technical skills. I sent him a note a couple years ago suggesting that he could look at an internship, trade school, scholarships, etc. to really become an IT pro and have a nice career, but all I got back was "I must make 32mb.club succeed otherwise others will laugh at me". I know others have tried to talk to him as well with similar result.

• Even Johnny Nguyen (yes, really) felt bad for Matthew and tried to provide some advice, which to Nguyen's credit was not "start a VPS company" but rather similar to what I said.

Matthew did (as posted) try to DDOS someone in 2012...when he was 14 or something. I did dumb things when I was 14 and could accept someone who says "I shouldn't have done that, I regret it". But he denies it (despite screenshots! sheesh!) and it's really a drop in the larger ocean of Matthew's problems.

I think Matthew is sadly typical of people who reach young adulthood riding a trajectory of misfortune and bad circumstance. If Matthew had a mentor in his life (and perhaps some counseling for medical issues), I think he could channel his prodigious energy and not insignificant technical talents to a positive outcome...but he doesn't have one, the government agencies he's been shuffled through sure as hell aren't going to provide one, and LET is definitely the wrong place to find one.

• wow. you all know each other so intimately, or so it seems.

• GCatGCat Member
    edited July 2016

Summary of thread:

Thanked by 2zafouhar alaningus
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@KuJoe said:

Thanks.

Done

• @raindog308

Thanks for sharing - this puts people like me who have so much to complain about to shame.

Just as I thought, "oh, my life is shitty, let me post a few pictures and caption them with depressing bullshit", this summary actually reminded me to be thankful for what I have, as someone out there would definitely be living life more difficult than we do.

Maybe our problems that we highly regard are just miniscule compared to those that he has, which we often don't take into consideration.

Thanked by 3jar MikePT Maounique
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

theroyalstudent said: I don't exactly know him either

It's a saga. I will only repeat what has been publicly revealed over the years:

• He has periodically posted various wild schemes which are laughable and this invites criticism. One I remember was his plan to setup global wifi - one SSID for everyone, by having everyone's routers bridge all over the world. Most people would look at that and giggle, and when you come to a place like LET or vpsB and post that, you're going to get mocked. The Internet is just a rude place.

• He launched the doomed 32mb.club which was like throwing red meat in front of LET/vpsB tigers. Hundreds of accounts at 32mb on an i3 with a SATA drive as I recall. When you start a venture like that, and people know you're a minor, it's not surprising that LET is not going to be welcoming.

• He's stated often that he's autistic and at one point was going to launch his own cryptocoin.

• And the tragic part of this story is that he truly has had a rough life - his mother was killed by a serial killer and he's been in foster homes for most of his childhood. He posted the name once on an IRC channel and someone googled and found the story of his mother's murder. I empathize. I privately contacted him a while back and tried to provide some guidance - because the kid does have some legitimate technical skills. I sent him a note a couple years ago suggesting that he could look at an internship, trade school, scholarships, etc. to really become an IT pro and have a nice career, but all I got back was "I must make 32mb.club succeed otherwise others will laugh at me". I know others have tried to talk to him as well with similar result.

• Even Johnny Nguyen (yes, really) felt bad for Matthew and tried to provide some advice, which to Nguyen's credit was not "start a VPS company" but rather similar to what I said.

Matthew did (as posted) try to DDOS someone in 2012...when he was 14 or something. I did dumb things when I was 14 and could accept someone who says "I shouldn't have done that, I regret it". But he denies it (despite screenshots! sheesh!) and it's really a drop in the larger ocean of Matthew's problems.

I think Matthew is sadly typical of people who reach young adulthood riding a trajectory of misfortune and bad circumstance. If Matthew had a mentor in his life (and perhaps some counseling for medical issues), I think he could channel his prodigious energy and not insignificant technical talents to a positive outcome...but he doesn't have one, the government agencies he's been shuffled through sure as hell aren't going to provide one, and LET is definitely the wrong place to find one.

Assuming that's true, the ban isn't fair...he has a gone through so much.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

I think we can sympathize with someone's situation while also not allowing them to further embarrass themselves on the forum. Much like the last time he was banned, this time appears to be for his own good rather than as an action taken against him.

@MrGeneral said:

The ban is about how he behaves on the forum, not a judgment on him personally. If he behaves well (no "fuck this forum" threads) he's as welcome as anyone else.

It's a one week temp ban, btw.

Thanked by 2MikePT ihatetonyy
  • vedranvedran Veteran

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

• AmitzAmitz Member

@vedran said:
    (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

I will never fully understand those "signs". I see a pig on the left - what does the rest mean?

• edited July 2016

@Amitz said:

@vedran said:
    (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

I will never fully understand those "signs". I see a pig on the left - what does the rest mean?

It's supposed to be just sad. Do you see another face?

╯︵ ┻━┻

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Amitz said:

@vedran said:
    (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

He's throwing a table.

Francisco

• @vedran said:
    (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

I was going with a pig flipping a table, but that's just me.

This discussion has been closed.