Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@davidgestiondbi said:

@Mark_R said:

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Open a ticket with your Email and Full name.

Will check where is your account.

I dont remember my account login, its been a while sorry. i believe it was at deepnet solutions.

PM'd you the email address i used there, things like full name are fake details for privacy reasons - i dont remember what i've filled into those fields.

Thanks.

Ho! Found an account at your name!. Oups, it's now closed.
    Next time, try to contact your provider before shaming on forum.

Regards, David

aight cool. btw just to make one thing clear, this never was a thread opened with the intention of shaming anyone, that is just what @jarland made out of it. it was a valid concern and i hope your email server will soon be fixed, there are probably other people who get alot of these automated emails too.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

That was pure shaming.

You know the content of the email is about, you pretend not to be a customer and then you say you are.

That was not marketing email but outage notification IN A TICKET EMAIL.

So sorry for you, but this is what I call Shaming.

Anyway your issue is solved.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • dailydaily Member

The title sure seemed shamey. "SPAM" in all caps.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@davidgestiondbi said:
    That was pure shaming.

You know the content of the email is about, you pretend not to be a customer and then you say you are.

i never denied being a customer, i've made clear that i have no active services. there is a difference there.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

4- Since some stu** folks decide to DDoS the Client Area during the outage, the IP get nullrouted every minutes and this cause issue to reach the mail server, and sometime cron start sending again.
    Regards, David

Seems more like you should put your production site on a protected network, or at least behind a protected CDN.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    That was pure shaming.

@jarland

This is becoming ridiculous. Does Mr David of Indigestion whatever own LET now? We just will not see an admin with no bias for some provider or all providers ever right? You made a unneeded big fuss against Mark_R and now this guy thinks its liberty hall for him! Thanks for great diffusion of the situation.

@davidgestiondbi

Maybe you SHOULD feel same SHAME anyways, huh, Mr Capital Letters? Nobody appreciates cheeky providers who both screw up and then call to account the people they cause problems for. What insolence FFS! Shame is something you apparently do not have and could use some!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2016

kerouac said: This is becoming ridiculous. Does Mr David of Indigestion whatever own LET now? We just will not see an admin with no bias for some provider or all providers ever right? You made a unneeded big fuss against Mark_R and now this guy thinks its liberty hall for him! Thanks for great diffusion of the situation.

Oh shutup. You're just being annoying and dramatic. You're welcome to leave any time you want. You're not welcome to dictate my personality.

• Change your email to something like [email protected], or open a ticket asking for account closing?

I also got these emails, but only 3.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@jarland said:

kerouac said: This is becoming ridiculous. Does Mr David of Indigestion whatever own LET now? We just will not see an admin with no bias for some provider or all providers ever right? You made a unneeded big fuss against Mark_R and now this guy thinks its liberty hall for him! Thanks for great diffusion of the situation.

Oh shutup. You're just being annoying and dramatic. You're welcome to leave any time you want. You're not welcome to dictate my personality.

he has a point @jarland. you called this a shaming thread right from the beginning, implying i had ill intend. this is not a very classy thing to do, but i guess that is your right. just dont be a dick towards others for noticing this.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Mark_R said: you called this a shaming thread right from the beginning

I'll call it one again right now. It's a shaming thread. You knew this wasn't intentional spam, you knew this wasn't unsolicited marketing crap, but you lumped it together with it anyway and posted it on LET instead of contacting the provider. You knew exactly what you were doing, and so do I. I'm not new here. This isn't uncharted waters for me.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@jarland said:

Mark_R said: you called this a shaming thread right from the beginning

I'll call it one again right now. It's a shaming thread. You knew this wasn't intentional spam, you knew this wasn't unsolicited marketing crap, but you lumped it together with it anyway and posted it on LET instead of contacting the provider. You knew exactly what you were doing, and so do I. I'm not new here. This isn't uncharted waters for me.

whatever you say man, your opinion.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Mark_R said:

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Open a ticket with your Email and Full name.

Will check where is your account.

I dont remember my account login, its been a while sorry. i believe it was at deepnet solutions.

PM'd you the email address i used there, things like full name are fake details for privacy reasons - i dont remember what i've filled into those fields.

Thanks.

Lol, fake details for privacy reasons!

Get lost.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2016

davidgestiondbi said: 2- This email is send to only ACTIVE AND HAVING A VPS WITH US customers only.

Same problem here, I received 7 emails from you but don't have any services (and haven't had for months):

I previously even indicated twice that I do not wish to receive any kind of emails from you (see ticket #722922) and even canceled my services so I don't get any more emails, however here we are again with 7 emails in 2 days. I get that you are stressed and your priority is to get services back online, however you also have to respect my opt-out.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Well, this thread is utterly shit.

Fuck you, LET. You never fail to disappoint.

• If you don't want emails after you leave a provider, then begin using unique email addresses and destroy them so you never receive anything ever again.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

When I think some people here have voting right...

Thanked by 2MikePT netomx
  • erkinerkin Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming
    According to the explanation here, what @Mark_R and others received could be called spam email.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@erkin said:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming
    According to the explanation here, what @Mark_R and others received could be called spam email.

Yeah, it's really hard to ignore the multiple emails... You know, it fills the inbox really fast...

• vedranvedran Veteran

Doesn't matter what wikipedia definition says, we all know what spam it and this is not it. This is just some random provider screw-up which they refuse to acknowledge, and instead of apologizing to everyone involved they blame their customers and throw insults around.

A typical LET day.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2016

The emails just keep getting more, just received the 8th 6 minutes ago.

Edit: Now the 9th.

vedran said: This is just some random provider screw-up which they refuse to acknowledge, and instead of apologizing to everyone involved they blame their customers and throw insults around.

Sadly true. I get emails from this provider despite having opted out twice (screwup #1) despite not having services although the provider claims that the emails are only send to clients with active services (screwup #2) and each email actually arrives 3-4 times.

After posting this on LET so that a 3rd opt-out might do the trick the provider answers with

davidgestiondbi said: When I think some people here have voting right...

Screwup #4.

• erkinerkin Member
    edited June 2016

@vedran said:

Sorry but no. For example if notification system on here, LET gets mad and begins sending e-mails about every mentions of me while I opted that out then no one can stop me naming that as spam/unwanted e-mail. Can you?

• To be fair, I've already received 9 emails of the exact same content. Some says the ticket is open, some says closed, and some reports the ticket url without https. Whatever went wrong, well, went wrong very badly.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@erkin said:

@vedran said:

Sorry but no. For example if notification system on here, LET gets mad and begins sending e-mails about every mentions of me while I opted that out then no one can stop me naming that as spam/unwanted e-mail. Can you?

Surely spam is intentionally sent, whereas as a fuck up is just a fuck up, amirite?

• Mark_RMark_R Member

well.. looks like im still receiving those emails. 3 new messages just came in.

cant we report this at spamhaus or something?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Got 9, more as the ColoCrossing spam I canno't unsubscribe to.

At least here you have a person talk to which offers you a solution.

• dailydaily Member

@Mark_R said:

Can't you mark it as spam or something?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

10/10

• @Mark_R said:

Me too...

• Am I the only one who didn't receive anything? I got 8 servers with them.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

its coming from ip: 198.98.52.97

we probably should start blacklisting it, sucks though! david said he terminated my account in this comment and still i receive this shite.

This discussion has been closed.