Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tiny dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tiny dedicated server

skirtTightskirtTight Member
edited November 2012 in Help

Stuff like online.net's 10 eur server.

Thing is that, i don't need much, and I'm mainly looking @ bandie.

Like:
any shitty processor
100gb+ disk is a must
4~ tb bandie (srs)

Not running anything illegal, it's gray content (and private), I'd buy from kimsufi but I have to wait 2~ months before I can get an official id (lost some papers and just turned 18 on july).

So far I don't mind if it's a reseller, I'm trying to not cash out more than 20 usd right now

Ideas?
Edit: I should point out that a slow disk isn't a problem.

Comments

• im waiting for someone to say "not gonna happen,get a vps"

• generally providers don't offer you that much disk and especially bandie.

• You could easily get that much space and BW for $20/mo on a VPS.

• @cosmicgate said: im waiting for someone to say "not gonna happen,get a vps"

I shall do the honors ;) @skirtTight Not Gonna happen , get a VPS

• gameongameon Member
    edited November 2012

@skirtTight said: generally providers don't offer you that much disk and especially bandie.

Check this out > webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1209850

Disclaimer : not LET/LEB prices , but still is within your budget and more than what you asked for :p

• @nunim said: You could easily get that much space and BW for $20/mo on a VPS.

I thought it'd be like using shared hosting, that the provider would whine about my usage even if I didn't use 80% of X resources offered to me.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

This + This + This = /thread

• @skirtTight said: I thought it'd be like using shared hosting, that the provider would whine about my usage even if I didn't use 80% of X resources offered to me.

Go Xen :)

• @skirtTight said: I thought it'd be like using shared hosting, that the provider would whine about my usage even if I didn't use 80% of X resources offered to me.

No, a virtual private server does mean you get access to all the resources as long as you don't constantly abuse CPU/IO to a point that others complain :)

• NickONickO Member
    edited November 2012

@concerto49 said: No, a virtual private server does mean you get access to all the resources as long as you don't constantly abuse CPU/IO to a point that others complain :)

Well OpenVZ, it's shared just like Shared Web Hosting. You don't have any dedicated resources.

• skirtTightskirtTight Member
    edited November 2012

@concerto49 said: No, a virtual private server does mean you get access to all the resources as long as you don't constantly abuse CPU/IO to a point that others complain :)

nonono, what I meant was, shared hosts offering you "unlimited everything" then kick you out for using 500gb bandie at the span of a whole month, for "abusing" their bandie.

• @skirtTight said: nonono, what I meant was, shared hosts offering you "unlimited everything" then kick you out for using 500gb bandie at the span of a whole month, for "abusing" their bandie.

I would never go with any host that offers "unlimited". That's the case for VPS, shared hosting... anything. It's never unlimited.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited November 2012

We could all just start a collection to gather money and help @skirtTight out. I think that @skirtTight could use our help.

@skirtTight, you have a PayPal or Chipin account budy? List them here or create one of those PayPal donate buttons. I can spare a couple of bucks to send your way, how about anyone else?

• You can get cheap (and almost museum-worthy) dedicated servers at http://www.finalhosting.cz/. They have a few specials right now if you scroll down to "Výhodné nabídky s okamžitou dostupností".

How about Intel Celeron 220 with 1 GB RAM and 80 GB HDD for 14 EUR? If you absolutely want over 100 GB storage, there's a server with 160 GB HDD starting at 18 EUR. The servers come with 10 Mbps unmetered. I had one of those for a while. It was rock solid, though I didn't exactly push it to the max.

Support speaks English and they accept PayPal.

• "Check this out > webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1209850"

Giga Int'l charges setup fees unless you pay annually. I'm allergic to both setup fees and paying annually.

If you want a dedicated server with a shitty processor (Atom 230) and over 100GB hard drive (160GB on this baby) and 4TB traffic (this one is unlimited) for under $20 (euro 15.99 per month if you pay monthly or euro 12.79 if you pay annually) try the 3rd French cheapie:
    http://www.digicube.fr/rapidserveurs

• skirtTightskirtTight Member
    edited November 2012

@marcm said: We could all just start a collection to gather money and help @skirtTight out. I think that @skirtTight could use our help.

Don't worry about it, I really do appreciate it tho.

Also, thank you LET guys for pointing this out for me.
    <3 you all

I was looking at them before I made this thread, I was all hyped and all, until i found out that paying with a cc required me to go down with 350~ eu or something.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I second the VPS probably being a better option