Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter - New OpenVZ Storage VPS lineup! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter - New OpenVZ Storage VPS lineup!

Comments

• risharde said: data loss with the zfs

What data loss?

• @MarkTurner said:

They might be different products but I was more asking around billing terms .etc rather than moving the actual data.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

@MarkTurner said:

@MarkTurner said:

Please tell me how to check bandwidth and hdd space usage in your object storage. I raised a ticket and its been 2 days no one cares. Fucking disgusting

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • dragon2611 said: They might be different products but I was more asking around billing terms .etc rather than moving the actual data.

Billing terms in what sense? You just order it quarterly or annually.

• cfgguy said: Please tell me how to check bandwidth and hdd space usage in your object storage. I raised a ticket and its been 2 days no one cares. Fucking disgusting

If you want my assistance with something, then PM me with the details.

@MarkTurner said:
    @MarkTurner said:

You selling a service by the name object storage but there is no way user can check bandwidth / space usage. Is that true ??

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited February 2016

cfgguy said: You selling a service by the name object storage but there is no way user can check bandwidth / space usage. Is that true ??

Which tool are you using?

For example in Transmit, I can get my usage by bringing up the info panel:

• never knew about the fio tool ... thanks MarkTurner

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • In need of 2TB storage box.
    I'd get it from them if it wasn't for the incident.
    I'll look elsewhere for now.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • ehab said: never knew about the fio tool ... thanks MarkTurner

fio is more indicative of performance and you build your own test processes to model your real workload.

@MarkTurner said:

@MarkTurner said:

You compare your object storage with s3 and rack space and you don't have in house reporting tool and that's what seems like you explaining me . I use cloudberry s3 but it does not show bandwidth usage.

• ehabehab Member
    edited February 2016

@MarkTurner i will recommend you to someone/project when there is a need for technical test... will keep that in mind, you are amazing man... are you human? :) j/k

Thanked by 2MarkTurner vimalware
  • cfgguy said: I use cloudberry s3 but it does not show bandwidth usage.

Cloudberry S3 was a very crippled tool last time I used it, it seems to be just a freebie to hook people into their payable products.

It probably can do disk usage, but probably nothing more. If you need bandwidth usage its available from the client portal.

For example with s3cmd you can do:

s3cmd du [bucket]

for disk usage per bucket, s3cmd is a free tool.

@MarkTurner said:
    for disk usage per bucket, s3cmd is a free tool.

So you saying your client panel does not show disk usage ?? Anyways please PM me the way to check bandwidth usage

• @MarkTurner said:

_Delimiter StorageVPS 500GB_

4KB Blocks - 21,241 IOPS (Delimiter) vs 415 IOPS (Time4VPS)

Looks like time4vps has raised the IOPS limits again to 400.

I'll run a fio bench later and verify. Seems generous for the price.

• HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited February 2016

@cfgguy said:
    Please tell me how to check bandwidth and hdd space usage in your object storage. I raised a ticket and its been 2 days no one cares. Fucking disgusting

2days?

http://i.imgur.com/VmdilR0.png

They never answered again and the ticket closed.

• @HackedServer said:
    They never answered again and the ticket closed.

Keep tagging @MarkTurner and he'll send you pop tarts and an apology.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited February 2016

@Jonchun said:

But will the ticket be responsed? #mystery

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

@sirmbhe It is funny how someone didn't even bother answering with "I will check it out for you" But answered everyone else. Hey @mikeyur @markturner shed some light on this because 2 weeks for a ticket is just well not very "professional". This is the reason I left delimiter. But hey we can hear an excuse at least.

• PieNotEvenEaten said: sirmbhe It is funny how someone didn't even bother answering with "I will check it out for you" But answered everyone else.

Its actually nothing like that, this customer wanted help to cancel their service, they then discovered the cancel button and set the server to cancel at the end of the billing period.

This was hashed out in some other thread.

• HackedServer said: They never answered again and the ticket closed.

The ticket was auto-closed, if you still have an issue, then go back to that ticket and ask for an update.

• Inbound traffic counted?

• doughnet said: Inbound traffic counted?

Yes, in and out are counted.

• @MarkTurner said:
    This was hashed out in some other thread.

Hmm, if someone actually read the ticket, that wasn't the issue. I understand how to cancel a server. Now I know that my ticket wasnt even read since you dont have the idea of the ticket is about.

• @MarkTurner Hey! You've got any storage VPSes with just 100GB storage? Considering picking your service up just for fun and get into the Delimiter hype :) and also, poptarts.

Otherwise, mind doing some special arrangements for that $5 Atom (that isn't available anymore)? I don't need much, just install Debian 8 on it and it will be fine.

• $6/mo for KVM VPS - 1core/1GB/250GB 1TB bandwidth. https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/cloud-resource-pool/

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited February 2016

I got this mail, but i'm not your client, must got inside some promo list or something like that. Anyway

Just to say i got the same mail but to my spam box, guys, use other services then mailchimp or host your service, I think you can have one server fot it :)

Sender: "Delimiter" sales=delimiter.com@mail26.suw15.mcsv.net

x-mcda: FALSE

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_----------=_MCPart_864694757"

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @ZEROF said:
    I got this mail, but i'm not your client, must got inside some promo list or something like that.

It only went out to the new list, it's the one linked in my sig. Looks like the spf record is wrong, will get that fixed

• Just saying @mikeyur, it's important for you to know. ;)

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @ZEROF said:
    Just saying mikeyur, it's important for you to know. ;)

Appreciate it :)