Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wable.com - my negative experience - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wable.com - my negative experience

Comments

• blackblack Member

I actually had a similar experience. Support told me to keep the server load below x amount, I did and I know for a fact that I've stayed within the range because their email gave me the logs and I calculated the average. When I told them about it, it didn't get a response for two days, and when I removed my credit card from the billing panel (I did it because I can't have my services limited to 150 Mhz every 3 days), they decided to refund and close my account without asking me. I lost my data and I can't even login to my wable account at all.

• ReetusReetus Member
    edited July 2015

I still can't get over the fact that regardless that the OP was probably wrong, the customer service skills are simply terrible...

Normal CS: 'As per our terms of service we do not offer refunds after 72 hours'

Wable: 'No refund, goodbye, don't contact us any more or you'll be banned'

There was also that guy the other day who just wanted the auto snapshot turned off and their response was that he had 3 days to leave.

I understand they're selling ultra cheap services, but there are customers that are small that become bigger (I used to just have small VPS's and now I have dedis), just burning customers everytime they contact you because 'Customer service costs money' I think is the wrong way to approach things.

I would never knowingly order from a company who is overly rude when I need them the most: when something goes wrong.

• ksugksug Member

@Reetus said:
    [snip]
    I would never knowingly order from a company who is overly rude when I need them the most: when something goes wrong.

When something goes wrong, it will correct itself at wable. Don't do anything silly.

They gave you a super nice deal, how dare you not be eternally grateful.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • tarek.boxtarek.box Member
    edited July 2015

ksug said: When something goes wrong, it will correct itself at wable. Don't do anything silly.

They gave you a super nice deal, how dare you not be eternally grateful.

i wait 5 hours with no response and my work was down , please read full discussion

• ksugksug Member
    edited July 2015

@tarek4web said:

sarcasm, i'm bad at it.

• @tarek4web said:
    i wait 5 hours with no response and my work was down , please read full discussion

I do have one question for you, if it was such an urgent issue did you raise a high priority ticket?

On another note if you're hosting your lively hood, with no other redundancy's in place and expect immediate replies from a budget provider then you caused this drama yourself. Hopefully you'll learn from this not to rely entirely on a single provider.

I won't defend wable's customer service, their customer service leaves something to be desired however their servers speak for themselves, I've got 200+ day uptime on every server I've got running with them, ( I ) haven't noticed any down time and I haven't had to contact support once. They simply work and work well.

• You should ask Ryan he might be willing to personally refund you. ;)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

tarek4web said: i wait 5 hours with no response and my work was down

wow 5 hrs omg any other provider would have responded much faster

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2015
    1. Incero has a great network;
    2. They have reasonable pricing, not only on budget brands;
    3. Their support quality varies, or, rather, has moods. One day you get the sky, another, a kick in the butt. It is not like their people are morons or not tech savvy, this is a matter of psychology, bordering on psychiatry and part of human nature.

In short, who thinks the advantages are outweighed by the disadvantages, can go, they tell you this explicitly without beating around the bush, this is their local colour, if you like.

Thanked by 34n0nx netomx black
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2015

support should always respect client end of. if they treat the client like shit expect the same back. and possible wht threads etc.

Clearly Gordon never learned manners in his life.

Maounique said: They have reasonable pricing, not only on budget brands;

then they go and change that rapidly. sometimes people have to pay $50 extra in some cases (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/23082/incero-price-hikes)

TarZZ92 said: then they go and change that rapidly. sometimes people have to pay $50 extra in some cases (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/23082/incero-price-hikes)

I did not say rock bottom, but reasonable, you can get better deals than those.
    Yes, having to hike prices is worrying, this most often does not look like a good omen, on the other hand may mean they can afford it, people will not leave in droves, or, at least, they think so, or, the ones leaving are those with most support overhead and the staying ones greatly compensate from the loss.
    I am not defending Incero here, many people know i had my fair share of issues with the support, I just say there is plenty of choice out there, most that are not straight with you, politely beat around the bush saying nothing, trying to upsell, to scam or holding your data hostage in the happy case they still have it, etc.

I do not like Gordon and I think it is mutual, but this does not mean we cannot get things done, as it should be between professionals.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ksugksug Member

@Maounique said:

I think that's a fair perspective. If people know what they are getting and want to go ahead and pay for it, go ahead.

However, it's reasonable also to expect that people don't always do. People don't go to restaurants with a lawyer. After failing to understand that the cheap restaurant owner is pedantic and I can't get my $8 back after paying in advance and having to wait 2 hours for the food to come out (and don't), because it's written on the restaurant's wall somewhere, it's natural that I'll speak to my friends about the restaurant in a negative light.

The better analogy would me ordering another food while waiting etc etc....but it's gonna get too long.

• @ksug

Almost, I'd say it's more akin to being handed a pamphlet on the restaurant's rules when you're about to order your food and you immediately hand it back without reading it. Then kicking up a fuss when the restaurant asks you to leave because you've repeatedly been told they simply cannot do something you've repeatedly requested and then finally asked to leave because they're fed up with trying to work with you as a customer when you have no interest with working with them.

IE- ticking that little box that says you've read the ToS when you actually haven't and then requesting a refund when it's been explained why you're not eligible for one. Then you ask again until the provider kicks you out.

edited July 2015

ksug said: If people know what they are getting

If they do not, it is entirely their fault, the TL;DR generation will continue to hit the same problems until they learn that reading and comprehension are survival skills these days. I know that many countries try to dumb down people so they can push religion, hatred and other corporatist agenda on TV, however, there are plenty of sources of information and ignoring them because you know better and trust the state to "protect you" does not mean you will do well overall, or even survive, for that matter.
    I do agree that you have the right to publish your opinion, especially since, after being smacked with the things you did not read over the head, you are an informed customer, but the next joe will not bother to read your opinion either, so, things will go on forever like this.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • ksugksug Member

@Umcookies said:

Sure, there's no such thing as a perfect analogy. And I defended wable/incero against having to issue a refund and being called a scammer.

The point I was trying to make was that it's reasonable to expect the next cheap restaurant I walk into to be more or less like the last 5 cheap restaurants I walked into. Things are gonna go wrong at some point and in this case it did on Wable's side (if everything was portrayed correctly) as well as the OP's side. The highlight here is that Wable worked against the customer and not with him/her when things like this happen.

A lot of people are OK with that kind of service and a lot of people are not, and that's fine. Misrepresentation(s) aside, this thread has helped me make my decision.

• ksugksug Member
    edited July 2015

@Maounique said:

It's just impossible to know exactly what you are getting in general from reading 1 document (not talking about the OP's error). Unwritten possibilities happen.

And no I'm not asking to be protected, just informed. And I have been.

ksug said: It's just impossible to know exactly what you are getting in general from reading 1 document

that is exactly my point, one document only, from only one source, even "authoritative" is never enough, this is why informed choice is so rare with the TL;DR generation, they do not bother to read that one document, not to mention various sources and opinions, in spite of the simple steps needed to display them for free.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @ksug

Ah, my apologies then. After the first few pages I start to skim read and forget other peoples stances. More often than not I shoot myself in the foot and say something foolish.

In the ticket's on page one I personally feel Wable is being rather friendly, they're not short with the customer and they explain why they cannot do what the customer is asking. Then conveniently the last picture is cropped to include only Wable's response, 16 minutes later for a third reply in a row therefor I assume in reply to something tarek said.

For all we know tarek went on a rant about how terrible they are for not refunding and included threat's or offered them flowers to try and bribe them into refunding the money. Either way I feel we're not seeing the full picture on this story, personally I'm in favor of Wable in this case.

• lowendtalk change my discussion title this is also rude

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

tarek4web said: lowendtalk change my discussion title this is also rude

Use the report button.

Thanked by 2tarek.box netomx
  • AnthonySmith said: Use the report button.

where is report button ?

• @tarek4web In the post you want to report, below the username, the "Flag" link.

Thanked by 1tarek.box
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Wasn't this thread closed? Am I seeing things?? :O

• DamianDamian Member

Thanked by 2ryanarp bersy
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited July 2015

@tarek4web said:

edit had wrong customer in mind

@Tarek, sorry that you had troubles making a snapshot. It seems that our snapshot was unable to process for some reason this is rare, having completed over 10,000 snapshots and this is the first issue that hasn't fixed it self. I believe you have traced processes preventing the point in time snapshot.

However your VPS was not taken offline due to this. It looks like you overloaded the VPS, and wanted to somehow make it better by snapshotting it? If you needed more resources the thing you need to do is upgrade and update the vps with more resources.

No nodes were down at any point. Our website was down for a bit yesterday at ~6AM for UPS maintenance that went bad. Our website was singled powered, we'll change that at some point, but it didn't affect nodes whatsoever. This client had his issues earlier in the week and it is unrelated.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @ryanarp said: What kind of world do you live in? My job security will never be at risk from something said on LET.

@rsk said:
    That doesn't give you any more credibility to be honest, champ. A hosting provider should always give a great image, and work with clients for what is the best.

If not for the client, you will not be running a business :-)

No worries mate, Incero can afford to be rude to the common Low End Client.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/7226-webhostingtalk-worst-of-the-hosting-industry/?p=97028

@gordonrp said:
    WHT has sent me over a million bucks in business, with multiple 6 figure clients, if they want to charge $1k per sticky I'll pay it.

So much for my $0.75 wable instance.

Incero said: Our website was down for a bit yesterday at ~6AM for UPS maintenance that went bad.

Host pm55dallasxen failed the PING check. It is down as of Wed Jul 15 2015 11:20:55 GMT1.0.

Host pm53 failed the PING check. It is down as of Wed Jul 15 2015 11:21:04 GMT

Host pm52ovzdallas failed the PING check. It is down as of Wed Jul 15 2015 11:21:13 GMT1.0.

[snip]

Host pm55dallasxen : PING is back up after 32 minutes of downtime as of Wed Jul 15 2015 11:53:14 GMT1.0.

Host pm53 : SSH is back up after 29 minutes of downtime as of Wed Jul 15 2015 11:51:18 GMT1.0.

Host pm52ovzdallas : PING is back up after 29 minutes of downtime as of Wed Jul 15 2015 11:50:49 GMT1.0.

[snip]

It looks like it was more than just the website.

Thanked by 1tarek.box
  • J1021J1021 Member

@Maounique Are you questioning him? Backup now ahead of your termination.

edited July 2015

@kcaj said:
    Maounique Are you questioning him? Backup now ahead of your termination.

he said no nodes were down whatsoever, I assume he speaks about own nodes, not customers, so I am not actually questioning him, just elaborating that the power failure was probably more extensive than just the website.

Thanked by 2Peroni tarek.box
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Maounique said: It looks like it was more than just the website.

You are correct, this was reported via https://twitter.com/incerostatus. Always open a ticket via portal2.incero.com and we are happy to help you investigate any outages. I was at the data center bright and early to assist customers who needed help getting their servers back online. If you have redunant power, please open a ticket and we will investigate further @Maounique.

Incero said: at ~6AM for UPS maintenance that went bad.

This discussion has been closed.