Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Choosing Cloud Vs Dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Choosing Cloud Vs Dedicated

imgmoneyimgmoney Member
edited November 2016 in General

Hi All,

Right now, I am with Google Cloud - http://prntscr.com/dbxpio and this is my specificaiton

CPU - 6vCPU
Ram - 15GB Ram

And due to cost cutting measure , we decided to move to some other host and going with host with DC in India

I gave a try with DigitalOcean , similar 6vCPU config. But I am seeing major performance decrease.

I am using WordPress + WooCommerce with 62 plugins

Google Cloud - Loads the plugin page in 4 sec
DigitalOcean - Loads the plugin page in 60+ sec

So I don't know how to specify my requirement with other host since they dont specify which CPU type they are using. And I believe thats the one which is impacting my website performance.

So when looking for alternate , I do find that BlueHost offering the 6vCPU cloud hosting just for 20USD and they says it is similar to 6vCPU in google.

Can some one says which is right choice or which hosting i have to go with and which specifications ?

These are my preference for now , and I want the replacement for the google cloud http://prntscr.com/dbxpio . And I am expecting better performance that this config.

Cloud or Dedicated

1) Cloud
2) Dedicated

Cloud

1) godaddy.com
2) hostgator.in
3) BigRock.in

Dedicated

1) godaddy.com
2) hostgator.in
3) BigRock.in

Comments

• Use cloudflare + wp super cach or w3 cach

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • @Jorbox said:
    Use cloudflare + wp super cach or w3 cach

I already use these stuffs.

• @imgmoney said:

@Jorbox said:

60+s page load means you have problems in the code or the congratulations

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @Jorbox said:

@imgmoney said:

@Jorbox said:

60+s page load means you have problems in the code or the congratulations

How google able to load it quicker ? Where DO failes to do that ?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@imgmoney said:

Did you change your stack configuration between the two? Does one have MySQL or PHP optimized and the other doesn't?

• @Harambe said:

@imgmoney said:

Did you change your stack configuration between the two? Does one have MySQL or PHP optimized and the other doesn't?

I am using easyengine setup on both. And in order to verify the performance I have gone with similar setup and similar config. Still google outperforming DO.

So I decided to go with some other service which is in par with Google with some better cost. I am also confused in choosing cloud or dedi.

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited November 2016

Try DigitalOcean Singapore. Bangalore DC network sucks. I just moved all my stuff and everything seems faster.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

Seems you lack knowledge required to analyse the issue. Look out for a sysadmin that will help you find what's the limiting factor.

Either way, 60+ loading time means you have some serious issues with the code, likely a bunch of plugins will have to be cut loose anyway.

• @varwww said:
    Try DigitalOcean Singapore. Bangalore DC network sucks. I just moved all my stuff and everything seems faster.

Yes , thanks for informing. I need to give that a try.

Clouvider said: Seems you lack knowledge required to analyse the issue. Look out for a sysadmin that will help you find what's the limiting factor.

Either way, 60+ loading time means you have some serious issues with the code, likely a bunch of plugins will have to be cut loose anyway.

As i told , I am not looking for optimizing my site. I am looking for alternative to Google Cloud

• It seems like server needs to be tuned like we did our google server.

Because right now i am with BlueHost 6core machine and thats also slow. Where as I tested our website with google 4 core setup our site is super fast over there since i used to same snapshot to move.

So I need a person who can copy the settings of current server to move it to bluehost. Or one who is best in tuning the server better.

I can pay in PayPal for the time being spent and with proven result.

• @imgmoney said:
    It seems like server needs to be tuned like we did our google server.

Because right now i am with BlueHost 6core machine and thats also slow. Where as I tested our website with google 4 core setup our site is super fast over there since i used to same snapshot to move.

So I need a person who can copy the settings of current server to move it to bluehost. Or one who is best in tuning the server better.

It will still slow even in NASA 10000core server
    I can fix your website speed problem contact me

• @imgmoney said:

My first impressions

It seems at every page load you are making some sort of api request or whatrva...

And its getting timeout...

To confirm this....

Could you please post a screenshot of network tab in chrome developer tools...

Also...

Are you using some kind of CDN...

If the index/html content generated is taking longer time...then its poor coding or bad config of server or lack of adequate resources

If the css and js are not being loaded fast...

Then it can be of multiple reasons

Could you post a screenshot of pingdom test

• @noaman said:

@imgmoney said:

My first impressions

It seems at every page load you are making some sort of api request or whatrva...

And its getting timeout...

To confirm this....

Could you please post a screenshot of network tab in chrome developer tools...

Also...

Are you using some kind of CDN...

If the index/html content generated is taking longer time...then its poor coding or bad config of server or lack of adequate resources

If the css and js are not being loaded fast...

Then it can be of multiple reasons

Could you post a screenshot of pingdom test

Site is too good in front end. I am just worried about the back end part.

1) Order Page
    2) Plugin Page
    3) Ticket Page

etc etc

This machine is http://prntscr.com/dbzxak fast , where as this machine http://prntscr.com/dccant is too slow

I believe both are similar specs and need to perform same. So something need to be altered in the second machine which i am not aware of

• @imgmoney

You are not helping yourself

Just provide the pingdom tests

you can always pm me if you dont want to disclose the website :-)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If you don't need dynamically scaling resources dedicated is a great option to know what you're getting at all times.

With that said, I agree with many above sentiments. A sysadmin is priority #1. If you can't fully articulate why one host runs faster than another then you can't find an alternative for the faster one of the two, because you can't know what factors you need to look out for.

While CPU model may be relevant, It is very unlikely that it is causing the difference of nearly a minute on load time for a Wordpress site. An old atom vs an E3 shouldn't even see that extreme of a difference for most people.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited November 2016

imgmoney said: 1) Cloud 2) Dedicated

Cloud for flexibility, single applications and the need for quick scaling. Dedicated for your own Virtualization (Build your own Cloud), additional privacy & , or requirements of a dedicated CPU.

Cloud

1) godaddy.com 2) hostgator.in 3) BigRock.in

None

Dedicated

1) godaddy.com 2) hostgator.in 3) BigRock.in

None

Godaddy/HostGator are part of groups like EIG which don't exist to make your life better, they exist to make as much as money as possible - by actively targeting the newest and most inexperienced users in the market by pushing great amount of funds for marketing - these includes other providers like 'BlueHost', etc.

I am not saying you won't get a good service, or even a reliable service - but it won't be the most optimal one. If you just want 'peace of mind' and don't care about funds, then your best bet is to go to the Giants like Azure, and AWS - Which are there to ensure you have an awesome service but charge a premium for it. Godaddy/Hostgator/other EIG hosts are there to charge as much as the Giants but don't generally offer services close to the level of reliability and performance.

Some hosting providers in India that I would recommend checking out:

ZNetLive - Large, super popular & reliable provider in India, Price Range: Medium

e2enetworks - SMB, high resource cloud servers at a good and affordable price point. Similar to LET pricing.

Another provider I would recommend based in India (LET Based) is @LeapSwitch you can probably find offers they post in LET.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Thanks for all your contribution. Can you clean this out

Cloud - 6 CPU
    Dedicated - 6 CPU

Do both perform same ? or how much performance increase i can expect in Dedicated ?

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited November 2016

@imgmoney said:
    Thanks for all your contribution. Can you clean this out

Cloud - 6 CPU
    Dedicated - 6 CPU

Do both perform same ? or how much performance increase i can expect in Dedicated ?

Assuming the server which the vps is on isn't oversold, both cloud and dedicated should have the same performance. But in reality, dedicated always performs better (assuming they have the same cpu model) Even if a vps can perform as well as a dedicated, the vps will probably be slower during certain times of the day since the cpu cores are shared.

Anyway, don't listen to some of what others said about your site. Pingdom tests will not help you with your issue, since if you test your homepage (for example) it'll be blazing fast because its static. I'm pretty sure something has gone wrong with your easyengine setup. You should verify that your object caching and/or php framework is working fine -- I may be wrong but at the very least, your issue 100% has nothing to do with network or cdn.

• DO India still has a lot of room for improvements. DO Singapore location is much better.

Also, yes 60+ s means issue from code side or some server config issue.

• imgmoney said:

WordPress + WooCommerce with 62 plugins

That right there explains your problem.

• @markross said:
    DO India still has a lot of room for improvements. DO Singapore location is much better.

Also, yes 60+ s means issue from code side or some server config issue.

Its a 3 months old thread..what are you trying to achieve here ?