Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

spamexperts.com - Anyone using them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

spamexperts.com - Anyone using them?

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I'm looking at these guys: https://spamexperts.com/

Anyone here using their services or have integrated into the DirectAdmin / CPanel shared hosting servers?

Are they any good? Does it work?

Comments

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

Spamexperts is $800/mo. for either inbound OR outbound filtering with dedicated server; and you've to provide the server. Mailcheap offers dedicated inbound and outbound spam filtering/relay solutions starting from $59/mo.

Also personally I don't like a company that doesn't show prices on their website and quotes prices/offers according to what their sales people think they can squeeze out of you.

Pavin.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

Nah, this are not correct information @mailcheap.
    That's very poor of you to spam your marketing at an expense of another company, especially basing it on not fully correct information.

@mailcheap -1.

We're very happy with Spam Experts, definitely recommended @randvegeta. Let me know if you need a contact to a good account manager over there.

@Clouvider said:
    That's very poor of you to spam your marketing at an expense of another company, especially basing it on not fully correct information.

@mailcheap -1.

We're very happy with Spam Experts, definitely recommended @randvegeta. Let me know if you need a contact to a good account manager over there.

I beg to differ as I was personally quoted the price of $800 over a phone call with their sales
    executive.

But if you can connect OP to a "good" sales manager, good of you! ;)

Pavin.

• Clouvider said: We're very happy with Spam Experts, definitely recommended @randvegeta. Let me know if you need a contact to a good account manager over there.

+1. We're very happy with SpamExperts as well. We've been using them for quite a while and they have been extremely reliable. If you want to give them a shot, you should!

• randvegeta said: Are they any good? Does it work?

Yes & Yes.

Inbound Filtering is great. Outbound filtering is a must-have if you're a hosting provider.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@mailcheap said:

@Clouvider said:

@mailcheap -1.

I beg to differ as I was personally quoted the price of $800 over a phone call with their sales
    executive.

Pavin.

See, my initial quote with them was much less, even less after negotiating.

Either way, you shouldn't have barged in with your marketing, OP did not asked for it.

/EOT for me.

• @Clouvider said:

@mailcheap -1.

Give us a ball park idea?

edited November 2016

@Clouvider said:

@mailcheap said:

@Clouvider said:

@mailcheap -1.

executive.

Pavin.

See, my initial quote with them was much less, even less after negotiating.

Either way, you shouldn't have barged in with your marketing, OP did not asked for it.

/EOT for me.

Hence my original statement regarding why different people give different quotes over there; since there are no prices on their website and prices aren't discussed over email all I have for proof is the calendar invite.

Pavin.

• @mailcheap said:

Your "proof" is not necessary. Just stop posting here.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@mailcheap

You do not seem to be a user of their services and my question was about how good they are, not how expensive they are. It's not in good taste to bad-mouth the competition and self-promote, especially with only pricing as the reason. Sorry.

@Clouvider and @DigitalFyre, I have a trial but couldn't get it working. I sent a support ticket but it's the weekend so I suspect I won't get a response til later.

I'm testing on a single DirectAdmin server first and will deploy on all shared hosting servers if the solution is effective and the pricing is agreed on.

I'm wondering if it is really is a simple matter of install the plugin, enter the credentials / server details and then 'toggle on' the protection for each domain/account. Because this is what I have done thus far and it doesn't seem to have worked. As far as I can tell there is no change to the MX records so there is no protection. Still waiting for a response. Hopefully they will respond tomorrow but maybe someone on LET knows what the issue is.

Thanked by 3Clouvider ucxo Unixfy
    edited November 2016

@randvegeta said:
    @mailcheap

You do not seem to be a user of their services and my question was about how good they are, not how expensive they are. It's not in good taste to bad-mouth the competition and self-promote, especially with only pricing as the reason. Sorry.

@Clouvider and @DigitalFyre, I have a trial but couldn't get it working. I sent a support ticket but it's the weekend so I suspect I won't get a response til later.

I'm testing on a single DirectAdmin server first and will deploy on all shared hosting servers if the solution is effective and the pricing is agreed on.

I'm wondering if it is really is a simple matter of install the plugin, enter the credentials / server details and then 'toggle on' the protection for each domain/account. Because this is what I have done thus far and it doesn't seem to have worked. As far as I can tell there is no change to the MX records so there is no protection. Still waiting for a response. Hopefully they will respond tomorrow but maybe someone on LET knows what the issue is.

bad-mouth: criticize (someone) behind their back.

Well, this is a public forum; Spamexperts is more than welcome to comment on it as I just stated the facts as it is. Please remember that I'm not the one going behind people's back quoting different prices and I do think its very unethical. Again, just my personal opinion/experience that I thought to share.

Pavin.

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited November 2016

@mailcheap, I can tell you're really passionate about your product. I'm sure it's a great product. You have a lot of really great strategic advantages that certain providers will value very highly.

If you go back and read your first post, the first selling point you made was the high price of SpamExperts, and 2/3 the points you make is not about how great your product is, but instead about SpamExperts. Focus on your selling points. The aspects you control; you'll gain a lot of respect in the community that way.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I didn't say it was behind their back. Bad-Mouthing = Saying bad shit about other people. It can be behind their back or otherwise! Not specific.

You can disagree with their pricing, of course. I'm not sure how it is 'unethical' to license at different rates for different customers. Everyone does it.

Watch a movie in the Cinema in the USA or UK and you pay more than twice as much as you would in Lithuania or Poland. Shop at Zara, H&M or other mid-range clothing brands in HK and it will be 25% more than in Europe.

Fair enough there are different operating costs for these shops and cinemas since they are brick and mortar establishments, but still, you have people paying different rates for the same thing. It's not like people are forced to buying ones products or service so its fair if the client / provider agree to a price.

Thanked by 2Clouvider doghouch