Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM on the Southern Continents?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM on the Southern Continents?

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

As I plan my globe-spanning LowEndEmpire, I realize that I'm missing a couple continents:

• North America, Europe, Asia, Australia - many options
  • Antarctica - presumably no options
  • South America, Africa - ?

Are there any good LowEndProviders in either South America or Africa? Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure both have DCs in San Paolo but, naturally, I'm cheap or else why would I be on LET. DO, Vultr, Linode...nope.

Comments

• I've requested a Pop in latam (maybe SP) for DO .
    There are hundreds of millions of users who could benefit

• edited August 2016

@Zappie got South Africa. Johannesburg, ZA. Probably ask for a custom KVM?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

raindog308 said: Antarctica - presumably no options

Chile wants to or is in progress of pulling a cable, but that seems to be usually more political than real usage - gov and science use only either way. They provide GSM coverage of their bases already, but i have no idea if that also works for 3G/4G. McMurdo should have a larger scale sat access system.

raindog308 said: Are there any good LowEndProviders in either South America or Africa?

No.

You can get a few rare options in SA for less than 7$ but all from useless ISPs, especially BW wise.

Africa maybe has 5 VPS providers under 10$, and 3+ of that will be in Egypt. Useless payment methods (SMS and similar systems).

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • ZeastZeast Member
    edited August 2016

http://www.edis.at/de/server/kvm-server/chile/ (SA)
    International connection is so expensive in Chile, like unshared 1Mbps = $150, so I can't tell you other providers.

@William said:

Chile wants to or is in progress of pulling a cable, but that seems to be usually more political than real usage - gov and science use only either way. They provide GSM coverage of their bases already, but i have no idea if that also works for 3G/4G. McMurdo should have a larger scale sat access system.

Recently was setup'd 4G LTE on 70% of Chile
    Entel is installing 4G+, but 10% Chile