Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Need to Hire: Content writers
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Need to Hire: Content writers

SysAdminSysAdmin Administrator
    edited October 2016 in Announcements

I'm looking to hire content writers for LowEndBox.

I need people I can rely upon to create original content that our users want. Technology focused content primarily, with perhaps an opinion article once in awhile.

Pay is by the post and is negotiable depending on the quality of the content.

Send me a message if you are interested.

Thanked by 3GCat tommy Unixfy

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Provider

I'll write articles for free about trucks and hitlery clinton, if you want?

Thanked by 2WebProject Janevski
    • @shovenose said:

Only if you can capitalize names when you do it.

• @daily said:

@shovenose said:

Why Not Every Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word?

Is inflation really at 0.5%? What a conundrum...

eddynetweb.net | DigitalOcean referral.

• doghouchdoghouch Moderator

@eddynetweb said:

@daily said:

@shovenose said:

Why Not Every Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word?

Because This.

Thanked by 3eddynetweb GCat Unixfy
    • doghouch said: Because This.

THEN WHY NOT CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING?

Thanked by 1Janevski

me // random stuff // discord: Unixfy#3061

• @karatekidmonkey said:

doghouch said: Because This.

CAPITAL IDEA!

Thanked by 1Janevski

@mycosys said:

@karatekidmonkey said:

CAPITAL IDEA!

Worst. Pun. Ever.

Thanked by 1srvrpro
    • mycosysmycosys Member
      edited August 2016

@doghouch said:

@mycosys said:

@karatekidmonkey said:

CAPITAL IDEA!

Worst. Pun. Ever.

My Magnum Opus is complete!

(edit - inb4 CAPITAL PUNISHMENT joke)

• @doghouch said:

@mycosys said:

@karatekidmonkey said:

CAPITAL IDEA!

Worst. Pun. Ever.

My Magnum Opus is complete!

• Sounds interesting..

my blog, my company, my opinions

• THIS IS A CLEAR EXAMPLE OF UNFETTERED CAPITALISM

(sorry folks - its only downhill from here)

Thanked by 2shovenose Janevski
    • trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider

@mycosys said:
      THIS IS A CLEAR EXAMPLE OF UNFETTERED CAPITALISM

(sorry folks - its only downhill from here)

@mycosys "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"

Thanked by 2mycosys Fries
    • LOUD NOISES

Thanked by 1thagoat
    • pbgbenpbgben Member, Provider

I can copy write some stuff.

From the perspective of a technically apt user, the idea of delivering computing services from the cloud is well practiced. Every day, we end up reading about or using a new service or phone app that gets its capabilities from the mythical and, obviously, crazy idea of computers in the sky.

I made that up, advanced computing topics are never written about by people that know how they work so the language is used to excite dumb people. But we all do use lots of online resources that are powered by servers and other computing devices that the end users can’t see, touch or have any clue where it’s housed.

For normal people, those types of “cloud” client-server interactions are becoming regular and commonplace. Looking for ride to work? Tap mindlessly on your phone to book a random Uber or Lyft taxi driver to come get you. Want to know the avg. penis length? Ask Google Now, Siri or that one Microsoft have that’s the same but worse. Want to listen to a song but CBA to buy the disk and pirate it to your devices? Google Music and Spotify will help here, legally.

Businesses should also leverage “cloud” based services from reputable SaaS providers like Salesforce, DropBox, and hundreds of other companies that provide them with a browser based clone of their shitty access/excel monster of a database. There’s also a rapidly growing business in offering “cloud computing” itself, there are millions of providers that will happily give you your own physical or virtual server for less than a coffee! Note: not all make it past summer ;)

In all cases, the idea is to leverage a seemingly inexhaustible supply of computing power, storage space, and fast network connection pipes to deliver computing as a utility, much like power companies deliver electricity to all our homes and businesses.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
      edited August 2016

@pbgben said:
      I can copy write some stuff.

From the perspective of a technically apt user, the idea of delivering computing services from the cloud is well practiced. Every day, we end up reading about or using a new service or phone app that gets its capabilities from the mythical and, obviously, crazy idea of computers in the sky.

I made that up, advanced computing topics are never written about by people that know how they work so the language is used to excite dumb people. But we all do use lots of online resources that are powered by servers and other computing devices that the end users can’t see, touch or have any clue where it’s housed.

For normal people, those types of “cloud” client-server interactions are becoming regular and commonplace. Looking for ride to work? Tap mindlessly on your phone to book a random Uber or Lyft taxi driver to come get you. Want to know the avg. penis length? Ask Google Now, Siri or that one Microsoft have that’s the same but worse. Want to listen to a song but CBA to buy the disk and pirate it to your devices? Google Music and Spotify will help here, legally.

Businesses should also leverage “cloud” based services from reputable SaaS providers like Salesforce, DropBox, and hundreds of other companies that provide them with a browser based clone of their shitty access/excel monster of a database. There’s also a rapidly growing business in offering “cloud computing” itself, there are millions of providers that will happily give you your own physical or virtual server for less than a coffee! Note: not all make it past summer ;)

In all cases, the idea is to leverage a seemingly inexhaustible supply of computing power, storage space, and fast network connection pipes to deliver computing as a utility, much like power companies deliver electricity to all our homes and businesses.

So, @SysAdmin has @pbgben been hired, or is the post still vacant? :P

Thanked by 1pbgben
    • Please. Organize old thraed / article / tutorial

Anotated pls

one of my farm site

• SysAdminSysAdmin Administrator

I've had a pretty decent response here. I'm talking to several people about it now.

The more the better though, if you are interested send me a private message.

PM, its too formal. Hires must be made in public so we can test the poor content creator.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
    • @SysAdmin said:
      I've had a pretty decent response here. I'm talking to several people about it now.

The more the better though, if you are interested send me a private message.

Do you want me to write a blog? I can do a once weekly piece about random shit. No payment necessary.

• LeeLee Member

Nekki said: Do you want me to write a blog? I can do a once weekly piece about random shit. No payment necessary.

@SysAdmin, just to be clear, he actually does mean "shit", in that it will be pretty much 2girls1cup type of thing.

Thanked by 3Francisco switsys Pwner

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• @Lee said:

Nekki said: Do you want me to write a blog? I can do a once weekly piece about random shit. No payment necessary.

@SysAdmin, just to be clear, he actually does mean "shit", in that it will be pretty much 2girls1cup type of thing.

That's not inaccurate.

It'll bring in a new kind of traffic though, right?

• LeeLee Member

Nekki said: It'll bring in a new kind of traffic though, right?

Can't be any worse that the current traffic.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

@nekki I too would like to offer a different kind of writing style that is less formal and full of inflammatory shit. Correct spellong is an optional extra.

Perhaps a colab piece if we're accepted? I hear that many bussiness are going to the cloud, we can write up how modern pimps manage da Ho's and how dealers keep comms on the down low.

Thanked by 1Nekki
    • trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider

I enjoy that no one has point out to @SysAdmin that the subject of this post infers that he has content writers to hire out.

• @Lee said:

Nekki said: It'll bring in a new kind of traffic though, right?

Can't be any worse that the current traffic.

You underestimate me, Sir.

Thanked by 1srvrpro

@pbgben I'd like to applaud you on successfully plagiarising an article. Every site I checked gave a 100% plagiarized score :P

edited August 2016

@doghouch said:
      @pbgben I'd like to applaud you on successfully plagiarising an article. Every site I checked gave a 100% plagiarized score :P

You get bonus points for source ;) you may find those checkers are just finding my post above!

@trewq said:
      I enjoy that no one has point out to @SysAdmin that the subject of this post infers that he has content writers to hire out.

Thanks, I've changed the title to be more clear.

• @SysAdmin said:

@trewq said:

Thanks, I've changed the title to be more clear.

While you're correcting things, really it's more of a 'want' than a 'need', isn't it?

Does it really matter?

• @SysAdmin said:
      Does it really matter?

If you're asking if correct usage of English matters, then yes, it fucking well does.

Due to that attitude, the word 'literally' has come to mean 'figuratively'. What a time to be alive.

@Nekki said:

@SysAdmin said:
      Does it really matter?

If you're asking if correct usage of English matters, then yes, it fucking well does.

Due to that attitude, the word 'literally' has come to mean 'figuratively'. What a time to be alive.

Sorry! I just a poor boy from a poor family I has no edumacation. Many thank

Thanked by 1switsys
    • SysAdmin said: Sorry! I just a poor boy from a poor family I has no edumacation. Many thank

I have no response to that.

@Nekki said:
      I have no response to that.

Technically, that was a response.

Thanked by 1mycosys
    • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider
    • LeeLee Member

Nekki said: if correct usage of English matters

It was the correct use of English, American English. Which is of course not English but Murica and all that....

Thanked by 1switsys

• SysAdmin said: Technically, that was a response.

No, it was 'actually' a response.

Lee said: It was the correct use of English, American English. Which is of course not English but Murica and all that....

'Need' is interchangeable with 'Want' in the US? FFS

Thanked by 2Lee switsys
    • @Nekki said:

SysAdmin said: Technically, that was a response.

Lee said: It was the correct use of English, American English. Which is of course not English but Murica and all that....

Can't believe I'm saying it but this is low, even for you @Nekki. Just chill out. You'll probably make some response to this acting all cocky, but let it be.

• NekkiNekki Member
      edited August 2016

@daily said:

@Nekki said:

Can't believe I'm saying it but this is low, even for you @Nekki. Just chill out. You'll probably make some response to this acting all cocky, but let it be.

Probably make a cocky response? Challenge accepted!

……………………„„-~^^~„-„„_
      ………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : : *-„
      …………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
      …………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
      ……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
      ………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
      ……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
      ……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
      ……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
      ……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
      ….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
      ….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
      …/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .| 
      ../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
      ./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
      '/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
      '| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
      '| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
      '| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
      | .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
      | . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
      | . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|

Some people get me, some don't. You don't, and that's ok. Some do, that's OK too.

• That cock was clearly too ambitious.

• @Nekki said:
      Some people get me, some don't. You don't, and that's ok. Some do, that's OK too.

I think most people get you, and I think you just need to relax.

• @daily said:

@Nekki said:

Why do you think I'm not relaxed?

• @Nekki said:

@daily said:

@Nekki said:

You're on @SysAdmin's case over a word. Arguably the use of "need" isn't even wrong. He needs to hire content writers to meet his goal.

• @daily said:

@Nekki said:

@daily said:

@Nekki said:

You're on @SysAdmin's case over a word. Arguably the use of "need" isn't even wrong. He needs to hire content writers to meet his goal.

Like I said, you don't get me.

• @Nekki said:

I don't agree, because if you really are just pulling the ultimate gag, you need to search up on Poe's Law. Regardless, I think we can let it go. Penis ASCII isn't cool though.

Thanked by 1switsys
    • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

I feel bad for ex for dealing with this. Kinda reminds me of dewlance. Not the best of it's kind but gets the job done.

@Nekki said:

@daily said:

@Nekki said:

Probably make a cocky response? Challenge accepted!

……………………„„-~^^~„-„„_
      > ………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : : *-„
      > …………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
      > …………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
      > ……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
      > ………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
      > ……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
      > ……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
      > ……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
      > ……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
      > ….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
      > ….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
      > …/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .| 
      > ../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
      > ./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
      > '/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
      > '| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
      > '| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
      > '| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
      > | .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
      > | . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
      > | . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|

• @daily said:

@Nekki said:

I don't agree, because if you really are just pulling the ultimate gag, you need to search up on Poe's Law. Regardless, I think we can let it go. Penis ASCII isn't cool though.

Ultimate gag? Poe's Law? Have I really been that subtle? I don't think so....

To be fair, the cock looks like something I found on a moon in No Man's Sky last night, so I'm pretty sure it's ok.

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

If anyone is interested in writing, please PM @SysAdmin.

/thread

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

Just a quick note that we are still looking to hire content writers for LEB.

Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
    • jbiloh said: Just a quick note that we are still looking to hire content writers for LEB.

As I said to @sysadmin, if you can give me a ballpark figure per article, I might be able to do something for you.

This discussion has been closed.