Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need to Hire: Content writers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need to Hire: Content writers

SysAdminSysAdmin Member
edited October 2016 in Announcements

I'm looking to hire content writers for LowEndBox.

I need people I can rely upon to create original content that our users want. Technology focused content primarily, with perhaps an opinion article once in awhile.

Pay is by the post and is negotiable depending on the quality of the content.

Send me a message if you are interested.

Thanked by 3GCat tommy Unixfy

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I'll write articles for free about trucks and hitlery clinton, if you want?

Thanked by 2WebProject Janevski
  • @shovenose said:

Only if you can capitalize names when you do it.

• @daily said:

@shovenose said:

Why Not Every Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word?

• @eddynetweb said:

@daily said:

@shovenose said:

Why Not Every Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word?

Because This.

Thanked by 3eddynetweb GCat Unixfy
  • doghouch said: Because This.

THEN WHY NOT CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING?

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @karatekidmonkey said:

doghouch said: Because This.

CAPITAL IDEA!

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @mycosys said:

@karatekidmonkey said:

CAPITAL IDEA!

Worst. Pun. Ever.

Thanked by 1srvrpro
  • mycosysmycosys Member
    edited August 2016

@doghouch said:

@mycosys said:

@karatekidmonkey said:

CAPITAL IDEA!

Worst. Pun. Ever.

My Magnum Opus is complete!

(edit - inb4 CAPITAL PUNISHMENT joke)

• @doghouch said:

@mycosys said:

@karatekidmonkey said:

CAPITAL IDEA!

Worst. Pun. Ever.

My Magnum Opus is complete!

• Sounds interesting..

• THIS IS A CLEAR EXAMPLE OF UNFETTERED CAPITALISM

(sorry folks - its only downhill from here)

Thanked by 2shovenose Janevski
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@mycosys said:
    THIS IS A CLEAR EXAMPLE OF UNFETTERED CAPITALISM

(sorry folks - its only downhill from here)

@mycosys "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"

Thanked by 2mycosys Fries
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

LOUD NOISES

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I can copy write some stuff.

From the perspective of a technically apt user, the idea of delivering computing services from the cloud is well practiced. Every day, we end up reading about or using a new service or phone app that gets its capabilities from the mythical and, obviously, crazy idea of computers in the sky.

I made that up, advanced computing topics are never written about by people that know how they work so the language is used to excite dumb people. But we all do use lots of online resources that are powered by servers and other computing devices that the end users can’t see, touch or have any clue where it’s housed.

For normal people, those types of “cloud” client-server interactions are becoming regular and commonplace. Looking for ride to work? Tap mindlessly on your phone to book a random Uber or Lyft taxi driver to come get you. Want to know the avg. penis length? Ask Google Now, Siri or that one Microsoft have that’s the same but worse. Want to listen to a song but CBA to buy the disk and pirate it to your devices? Google Music and Spotify will help here, legally.

Businesses should also leverage “cloud” based services from reputable SaaS providers like Salesforce, DropBox, and hundreds of other companies that provide them with a browser based clone of their shitty access/excel monster of a database. There’s also a rapidly growing business in offering “cloud computing” itself, there are millions of providers that will happily give you your own physical or virtual server for less than a coffee! Note: not all make it past summer ;)

In all cases, the idea is to leverage a seemingly inexhaustible supply of computing power, storage space, and fast network connection pipes to deliver computing as a utility, much like power companies deliver electricity to all our homes and businesses.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited August 2016

@pbgben said:
    I can copy write some stuff.

From the perspective of a technically apt user, the idea of delivering computing services from the cloud is well practiced. Every day, we end up reading about or using a new service or phone app that gets its capabilities from the mythical and, obviously, crazy idea of computers in the sky.

I made that up, advanced computing topics are never written about by people that know how they work so the language is used to excite dumb people. But we all do use lots of online resources that are powered by servers and other computing devices that the end users can’t see, touch or have any clue where it’s housed.

For normal people, those types of “cloud” client-server interactions are becoming regular and commonplace. Looking for ride to work? Tap mindlessly on your phone to book a random Uber or Lyft taxi driver to come get you. Want to know the avg. penis length? Ask Google Now, Siri or that one Microsoft have that’s the same but worse. Want to listen to a song but CBA to buy the disk and pirate it to your devices? Google Music and Spotify will help here, legally.

Businesses should also leverage “cloud” based services from reputable SaaS providers like Salesforce, DropBox, and hundreds of other companies that provide them with a browser based clone of their shitty access/excel monster of a database. There’s also a rapidly growing business in offering “cloud computing” itself, there are millions of providers that will happily give you your own physical or virtual server for less than a coffee! Note: not all make it past summer ;)

In all cases, the idea is to leverage a seemingly inexhaustible supply of computing power, storage space, and fast network connection pipes to deliver computing as a utility, much like power companies deliver electricity to all our homes and businesses.

So, @SysAdmin has @pbgben been hired, or is the post still vacant? :P

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • Please. Organize old thraed / article / tutorial

Anotated pls

• I've had a pretty decent response here. I'm talking to several people about it now.

The more the better though, if you are interested send me a private message.

PM, its too formal. Hires must be made in public so we can test the poor content creator.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@SysAdmin said:
    I've had a pretty decent response here. I'm talking to several people about it now.

The more the better though, if you are interested send me a private message.

Do you want me to write a blog? I can do a once weekly piece about random shit. No payment necessary.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: Do you want me to write a blog? I can do a once weekly piece about random shit. No payment necessary.

@SysAdmin, just to be clear, he actually does mean "shit", in that it will be pretty much 2girls1cup type of thing.

Thanked by 3Francisco switsys Pwner
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

Nekki said: Do you want me to write a blog? I can do a once weekly piece about random shit. No payment necessary.

@SysAdmin, just to be clear, he actually does mean "shit", in that it will be pretty much 2girls1cup type of thing.

That's not inaccurate.

It'll bring in a new kind of traffic though, right?

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: It'll bring in a new kind of traffic though, right?

Can't be any worse that the current traffic.

@nekki I too would like to offer a different kind of writing style that is less formal and full of inflammatory shit. Correct spellong is an optional extra.

Perhaps a colab piece if we're accepted? I hear that many bussiness are going to the cloud, we can write up how modern pimps manage da Ho's and how dealers keep comms on the down low.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

I enjoy that no one has point out to @SysAdmin that the subject of this post infers that he has content writers to hire out.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

Nekki said: It'll bring in a new kind of traffic though, right?

Can't be any worse that the current traffic.

You underestimate me, Sir.

Thanked by 1srvrpro
  • @pbgben I'd like to applaud you on successfully plagiarising an article. Every site I checked gave a 100% plagiarized score :P

edited August 2016

@doghouch said:
    @pbgben I'd like to applaud you on successfully plagiarising an article. Every site I checked gave a 100% plagiarized score :P

You get bonus points for source ;) you may find those checkers are just finding my post above!

• @trewq said:
    I enjoy that no one has point out to @SysAdmin that the subject of this post infers that he has content writers to hire out.

Thanks, I've changed the title to be more clear.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@SysAdmin said:

@trewq said:

Thanks, I've changed the title to be more clear.

While you're correcting things, really it's more of a 'want' than a 'need', isn't it?

• Does it really matter?

This discussion has been closed.