Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    LowEndBox: New Offers Guidelines
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    LowEndBox: New Offers Guidelines

    We're opening up the ability for more companies to offer services on LowEndBox. Here are the new pricing guidelines:

    For Unmanaged VPS (OpenVZ, KVM, other) Services:

    $10.00 per month and under.

    For Shared Hosting Services:

    $2.50 per month and under.

    For Reseller Hosting Services:

    $5.00 per month and under.

    For VPN (Virtual Private Network) Services:

    $7.00 per month and under.

    For Domains:

    Common TLDs (.com, .net, etc) must be less then $6.00 per year. Specialty TLDs must be less then $10 per year.

    For Managed VPS and Application Hosting (E-Commerce, Magento, WordPress) Hosting:

    $30.00 per month and under.

    Unmanaged Dedicated Servers:

    $50 per month and under.

    Managed Dedicated Servers:

    $150.00 per month and under.

    Thanked by 4Nick Tom jar kazishaheb
    «134

    Comments

    • This is cool. Any eventual changes coming to LET offers as well?

    • BradBrad Member, Provider

      What about yearly pricing? No need to be discounted, correct?

    • jhjh Member

      SysAdmin said: Managed Dedicated Servers:

      $150.00

      "That's more than some people make in a year!"

      Greetings of the day!!!!

    • THIS IS A FUCKING DISASTER

      Thanked by 3vedran mpkossen lbft
    • WHTWHT Member

      How could be shared hosting $10 and reseller hosting $2,50?

    • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

      @WHT said: How could be shared hosting $10 and reseller hosting $2,50?

      Read it again.

      Thanked by 1WHT
      [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • Now we will get the same shitty offers as before. Just a bit more expensive... ;-)

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • @WHT said:
      How could be shared hosting $10 and reseller hosting $2,50?

      For Shared Hosting Services:
      $2.50 per month and under.

      For Reseller Hosting Services:
      $5.00 per month and under.

      Thanked by 1WHT
    • WHTWHT Member

      Got it. Am on mobile and i readed it like that.

    • jarjar Provider

      Anything is worth a try. I don't think LEB can lose traffic right now. The visitors that are still visiting, they're not easily lost. The visitors that are already gone... Well they won't come back without something changing.

      Whether or not it's the right change, well, that's what experiments are for :)

    • Can we limit the shit options; IE everything but the VPSes to no more than 2 a week

    • Nooo crap now none of the $7 posts actually make sense dangit

      wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

      curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

    • JasperNLJasperNL Member
      edited August 2016

      SysAdmin said: Specialty TLDs must be less than $10 per year.

      This is sometimes simply impossible, or the vendor will lose money :P

      (Edit: fixed your typo)

    • Can we just remove all limits? LEB is becoming yet another hosting blog, 8(!) years ago when it started, we hardly had any VPS or dedicated providers which could meet the price range, and now with the increased prices, shared hosting, domains, used car sales and penis enlargement offers, what's the point in keeping any price limits?

    • I'm OK with this if we can also have offers for hookers and hooker disposal services.

    • SysAdminSysAdmin Administrator

      Times have changed, we've got to make changes here to appeal to a wider audience.

    • SysAdmin said: Times have changed, we've got to make changes here to appeal to a wider audience.

      Why?

      Thanked by 1Adduc
    • SysAdminSysAdmin Administrator

      @Nekki said:

      SysAdmin said: Times have changed, we've got to make changes here to appeal to a wider audience.

      Why?

      What do you mean why?

      I've just made a post about hiring content writers. If anyone is interested please message me.

    • SysAdmin said: What do you mean why?

      I mean why do you need to appeal to a wider audience. To what end. What do you hope to ultimately achieve.

      Share your vision with us, O benevolent one.

      Thanked by 1Adduc
    • SysAdminSysAdmin Administrator

      @Nekki said:

      SysAdmin said: What do you mean why?

      I mean why do you need to appeal to a wider audience. To what end. What do you hope to ultimately achieve.

      Share your vision with us, O benevolent one.

      The reality is that as times change so does peoples wants and desires. They aren't going to come to the site if we keep doing what we were doing 8 years ago. Since we're technology focused, 8 years ago is a completely different world then it is today.

      I want the community to thrive and be successful, and for the site to be a positive resource for people. I think that's what everyone wants?

    • NekkiNekki Member
      edited August 2016

      SysAdmin said: I think that's what everyone wants?

      I think you've misjudged your current audience. But with any luck, you'll get an entirely new one.

    • jarjar Provider

      @SysAdmin said:

      @Nekki said:

      SysAdmin said: What do you mean why?

      I mean why do you need to appeal to a wider audience. To what end. What do you hope to ultimately achieve.

      Share your vision with us, O benevolent one.

      The reality is that as times change so does peoples wants and desires. They aren't going to come to the site if we keep doing what we were doing 8 years ago. Since we're technology focused, 8 years ago is a completely different world then it is today.

      I want the community to thrive and be successful, and for the site to be a positive resource for people. I think that's what everyone wants?

      There's no way for the site(s) to be successful for colocrossing long term but to keep visitors returning for more. Any motivation for improvement is a positive thing, it has to be the same impact either way.

      This is a good thing.

    • SysAdminSysAdmin Administrator

      @Nekki said:

      SysAdmin said: I think that's what everyone wants?

      I think you've misjudged your current audience. But with any luck, you'll get an entirely new one.

      I think that's the goal. I think everyone's guilty pleasure of the site today is the drama and BS that goes on. That's fine and I don't expect it to go away, but lets get some more people in here and cater to what more people want.

    • LeeLee Member

      Nekki said: I think you've misjudged your current audience.

      Indeed, write all the offers in Chinese, that will please 90% of the traffic.

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • SysAdmin said: I think that's the goal. I think everyone's guilty pleasure of the site today is the drama and BS that goes on. That's fine and I don't expect it to go away, but lets get some more people in here and cater to what more people want.

      I'm not convinced that today's lunacy, derailing and drama are compatible with making LET a 'positive resource'.

      If that's the ultimate aim, maybe it's time to tell all the nutters that it's time to start to behave or fuck off?

    • jarjar Provider

      @Lee said:

      Nekki said: I think you've misjudged your current audience.

      Indeed, write all the offers in Chinese, that will please 90% of the traffic.

      You're not kidding. Bypassing the GFW is almost the market.

      Thanked by 1Lee
    • Hire a Chinese writer to translate all the posts, watch ad revenue goes sky high.

    • jarland said: Bypassing the GFW is almost the market.

      Get yo'self some o dat Akamai China CDN product.

    • SysAdminSysAdmin Administrator

      @Nekki said:

      SysAdmin said: I think that's the goal. I think everyone's guilty pleasure of the site today is the drama and BS that goes on. That's fine and I don't expect it to go away, but lets get some more people in here and cater to what more people want.

      I'm not convinced that today's lunacy, derailing and drama are compatible with making LET a 'positive resource'.

      If that's the ultimate aim, maybe it's time to tell all the nutters that it's time to start to behave or fuck off?

      "positive resource" can also mean a source of laughter. Trust me, over the years I've had my fair shares of laughs over here.

    • SysAdmin said: "positive resource" can also mean a source of laughter. Trust me, over the years I've had my fair shares of laughs over here.

      Laughter's one thing, but the funny stuff that wasn't really what I was referring to.

    • LeeLee Member

      I just can't see any companies I know wanting to advertise a $150 managed server here, of course it's a limit, not a target but along comes @DewlanceVPS with exactly that..

      In fact all that will happen is the same shitty services increasing prices and trying to tell us that the $2 service yesterday is now far superior at $10 today.

      So yeah, someone said it above, same crap being peddled at a higher price.

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • @Lee said:
      I just can't see any companies I know wanting to advertise a $150 managed server here, of course it's a limit, not a target but along comes @DewlanceVPS with exactly that..

      In fact all that will happen is the same shitty services increasing prices and trying to tell us that the $2 service yesterday is now far superior at $10 today.

      So yeah, someone said it above, same crap being peddled at a higher price.

      If this were true, I take it that services that aren't assholes will flourish like they should.

    • GCatGCat Member

      I'm actually pretty pleased with this update

      My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business

    • LeeLee Member
      edited August 2016

      daily said: If this were true, I take it that services that aren't assholes will flourish like they should.

      Nah, those companies won't come here for the most part, there is a good reason for many good providers that could offer here don't, the reputation of LET/LEB as a shit pit of cheap arses, complaints for tickets responses taking longer than 5 minutes for a $1 service and of course the revenge DDoS attacks.

      I went out to a lot of providers when I was moderator who did fit the $7 limit and asked them to submit offers but they all said they same thing when I mentioned LET/LEB, GTFO. They didn't want the average hole in head client available here.

      Look at VPSBoard when it first started out, the same thing will happen. All the providers here rushed over to avoid the $7 limit and try to charge higher prices, people are really not that stupid. Once you set the bar low in the industry people won't let you raise it because they know your pricing history.

      Of course it would allow the likes of BuyVM and RamNode back in with some deals but they are so well known it will no have a great impact.

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

      Lee said: Of course it would allow the likes of BuyVM and RamNode back in with some deals but they are so well known it will no have a great impact.

      Our new slices fit nicely in the LE pricing bracket <3

      I don't think the $10 increase is going to do much, but things like shared could be interesting so long as there is heavy vetting. It's so easy to start a business doing shared that i'd recommend it be limited to people that have already posted a VPS offer at some point in LE history.

      Francisco

      Thanked by 2Lee inthecloudblog
      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • LeeLee Member

      Francisco said: Our new slices fit nicely in the LE pricing bracket <3

      Meh LA only..

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
      edited August 2016

      @Lee said:

      Francisco said: Our new slices fit nicely in the LE pricing bracket <3

      Meh LA only..

      For now old man. For now.

      :D

      Francisco

      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • LeeLee Member

      Francisco said: For now old man. For now.

      I feel 18 though!

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • rm_rm_ Member
      edited August 2016

      I would probably raise a high hell over this a few years ago, but honestly, these days when everyone got those 9 EUR i5s and i3s, not to mention with there being multiple solid dedi offers around 5-10 EUR available on a permanent basis, none of this even matters anymore, lol.

      Thanked by 1Lee
    • RadiRadi Member, Provider

      Is this true or a late April Fool joke?

      Thanked by 2GCat bersy

      4 GB RAM/90 GB SSD/4 TB Traffic/KVM/1 IPv4 for $7/mo only here with coupon code "LET-It-GO".

    • @SysAdmin said:
      ...new pricing guidelines:

      For Domains.
      Common TLDs (.com, .net, etc) must be less then $6.00 per year. Specialty TLDs must be less then $10 per year.

      It would be rather nice to see this as something like $4 without privacy and $8 with. even 4 isnt all that cheap without, and all we get is the cheapest providers that provide it as an overpriced gotcha or not at all.

    • doghouchdoghouch Moderator
      edited August 2016

      @jarland

      Didn't CC buy LET for the ad revenue?

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
      edited August 2016

      @doghouch said:
      @jarland

      Didn't CC buy LET for the ad revenue?

      They bought it so they could push sale posts and fill Buffalo. LE was the last piece they needed to actually make Buffalo move, prior to that they simply played the Soon(tm) card saying a BUF location was on the way.

      I have no doubt it pulls some good revenue, but many of the slots these days are inhouse brands.

      Francisco

      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • doghouchdoghouch Moderator

      @Francisco said:

      @doghouch said:
      @jarland

      Didn't CC buy LET for the ad revenue?

      They bought it so they could push sale posts and fill Buffalo. LE was the last piece they needed to actually make Buffalo move, prior to that they simply played the Soon(tm) card saying a BUF location was on the way.

      I have no doubt it pulls some good revenue, but many of the slots these days are inhouse brands.

      Francisco

      Well, BuySellAds itself brings quite a bit in (per month) already. It's true that there are a few in-house brands, but there still are a few brands paying for the space.

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
      edited August 2016

      doghouch said: quite a bit in (per month) already

      Questionable, at least these days given how many CVPS/HVH/etc ads are in the rotation. It'd be like Biloh takes a $50 out of his left pocket and puts it in his right :P

      @AnthonySmith was pretty critical of the amount of views/clicks the ads actually got, especially once the pool got watered down further from 16 slots to 32 slots or whatever it was. The already low click rate got halved again with viewership being a lot lower (probably due to adblocks, etc).

      Francisco

      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • doghouchdoghouch Moderator

      @Francisco People wouldn't have ad-blocking software if ignorant site owners hadn't placed pop up ads, etc.

      Apart from that, CC makes it obvious that they want to maximise profit from the site. It's funny: why aren't there more threads complaining about ColoCrossing, rather other hosts? It's like they manage to dodge every bullet that comes at them.

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

      @doghouch said:
      @Francisco People wouldn't have ad-blocking software if ignorant site owners hadn't placed pop up ads, etc.

      Apart from that, CC makes it obvious that they want to maximise profit from the site. It's funny: why aren't there more threads complaining about ColoCrossing, rather other hosts? It's like they manage to dodge every bullet that comes at them.

      There's a fair share of those but it's not often to be support related since they automatic most of their offerings.

      To be honest I rared see a CC direct offer on WHT and such, its always though HVH or the likes.

      Francisco

      Thanked by 1doghouch
      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • finally, budget-host has reason to raised their pricing because LEB/LET new rules :)

      Thanked by 2GCat Francisco

      Let's bet which dot-name will collapse first ;)

    • @SysAdmin said:
      We're opening up the ability for more companies to offer services on LowEndBox. Here are the new pricing guidelines:

      For Unmanaged VPS (OpenVZ, KVM, other) Services:

      $10.00 per month and under.

      For Shared Hosting Services:

      $2.50 per month and under.

      What is maximum yearly price for shared hosting?

      Cheap $9/Year Hosting(US/UK/Canada/ES) - Cheap Windows VPS Hosting from Dewlance & Linux Xen VPS at low price. PreMadeKb.com WHMCS/Blesta Readymade Knowledgebase
    Sign In or Register to comment.