Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN

GCatGCat Member

Looking for a new cheaper but still fast CDN. 90% of traffic is North American, at max 5 TB a month traffic. Needs to be able to host a fair amount of images/scripts.

I'm currently using Akamai but decided that it's time to switch as Akamai is getting rather expensive

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2016

GCat said: I'm currently using Akamai but decided that it's time to switch as Akamai is getting rather expensive

We've been scoping out Incapsula as a backup plan to Akamai. Potentially a lot cheaper, worth a look IMO.

EDIT: We also had a look a CDNetworks too, seemed decent enough.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

Why not use CloudFlare free? Get a high-storage server in NA, put CloudFlare in front of it.

Thanked by 2GCat sin
  • GCatGCat Member

@tr1cky said:
    Why not use CloudFlare free? Get a high-storage server in NA, put CloudFlare in front of it.

I'll go with whichever is cheaper, if you have a suggestion for cheap high-storage let me knowb

• GCatGCat Member

@Nekki said:

GCat said: I'm currently using Akamai but decided that it's time to switch as Akamai is getting rather expensive

We've been scoping out Incapsula as a backup plan to Akamai. Potentially a lot cheaper, worth a look IMO.

EDIT: We also had a look a CDNetworks too, seemed decent enough.

I looked at KeyCDN considering them for a test run

• filefile Member

How about BunnyCDN as well? @BunnySpeed

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed
  • Check out cdn77.com - I hear only good things about them.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@GCat how much are you paying per month for this 5TB and what's your target? Perhaps we can work something out :-).

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • GCatGCat Member

@Clouvider said:
    @GCat how much are you paying per month for this 5TB and what's your target? Perhaps we can work something out :-).

Last invoice: $2,345.00

Majority of traffic is NA

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

That's quite a bit. I'll PM now.

• filefile Member

@GCat said:

@Clouvider said:

Ouch. Out of curiosity how long have you been using them?

• GCatGCat Member

@file said:

@GCat said:

@Clouvider said:

Ouch. Out of curiosity how long have you been using them?

1 year 2 months

• if i may suggest go with CF Enterprise plan that gives you the edge with CDN ,WAF, 500MB upload size and much more you don't have to worry about BW and some other good features

• @simonindia said:
    if i may suggest go with CF Enterprise plan that gives you the edge with CDN ,WAF, 500MB upload size and much more you don't have to worry about BW and some other good features

How many times to I have to repeat this message? CloudFlare isn't a CDN. Period.

@GCat

I suggest MaxCDN, their push zones are amazing :)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • WHTWHT Member

Cloudflare really sucks. They are not stable in ddos protection (tested the paid version) nor for CDN. You get better cdn if you don use them lol.

• Note that most of listed CDNs (MaxCDN, KeyCDN, CDN77) expire unused money deposit in approx. a year - ask them explicitly about that feature, so it won't be an unpleasant surprise.

Thanked by 2vimalware GCat
  • @doghouch said:

@simonindia said:
    if i may suggest go with CF Enterprise plan that gives you the edge with CDN ,WAF, 500MB upload size and much more you don't have to worry about BW and some other good features

How many times to I have to repeat this message? CloudFlare isn't a CDN. Period.

@GCat

I suggest MaxCDN, their push zones are amazing :)

??

• That's CRAZY. I believe on KeyCDN you would pay about $200. I am not affiliated with them in any way, but know people who have used and are happy with them.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@WHT said:
    Cloudflare really sucks. They are not stable in ddos protection (tested the paid version) nor for CDN. You get better cdn if you don use them lol.

The business version?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@file said:
    How about BunnyCDN as well? @BunnySpeed

The only one mentioned that is a member of our community and participates here.

• cdn.net is a good option.

• @GCat said:
    Looking for a new cheaper but still fast CDN. 90% of traffic is North American, at max 5 TB a month traffic. Needs to be able to host a fair amount of images/scripts.

I'm currently using Akamai but decided that it's time to switch as Akamai is getting rather expensive

Hello, we can offer you much cheaper CDN solution for the region you seek. You will reduce your CDN costs. The biggest price is 0,05 USD per 1 GB that for your 5 TB will result in 250 USD of monthly payment, not in 2345 USD, so you can see the benefit yourself. Please contact us in live chat at https://www.inxy.com or in Skype inxy.com and we will get you up and running as soon as possible.

• I use bunnycdn so far so good :)

Replacing keycdn (this cunts removed remaining balance credit if not extended).

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed