Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Proxmox IPv6 (gateway deadpooled kek)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Proxmox IPv6 (gateway deadpooled kek)

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited July 2016 in Help

Hey,

Since we got enlightened by @rm_ that the Kimsufi has a /64 Subnet, so why not give the KVM's Dedicated IPv6 addresses?

So actually I used the Proxmox template from OVH, because there network is a bit wired.
Saves me some time.

Next, I configured NAT Network which I found here: https://raymii.org/s/tutorials/Proxmox_VE_One_Public_IP.html

Works fine, So for IPv6 I used this Tutorial: https://www.kiloroot.com/proxmox-kimsufi-ovh-soyoustart-ipv6-host-multiple-containers-and-virtual-machines-on-a-single-kimsufi-server-using-ipv6-and-proxmox/

The Problem is for short: I can ping the IPv6 which has been allocated inside of the VM and I even can ping the vmbr0 on the Hostsystem, also vise versa from the Hostsystem to the VM. But I cannot reach the OVH IPv6 Gateway.

I am actually using 2x NIC's on the KVM since one NIC connects to the vmbr2 which is the Local NAT Network and the Second NIC eth2 connects to vmbr0 for IPv6.

So when I try to actually tell the Hostsystem to allocated the IPv6 which should be used for the KVM, what rm posted: ip addr add 2001:41d0:x:abcd::2/128 dev vmbr0

I cannot reach my VM anymore, IPv6 seems to stop working.

Any idea where I fucked up?

Thanks, Neoon.

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

Is IGMP snooping disabled on vmbr0? It needs ot be disabled for the ipv6 neighbor discovery to work (it uses multicast).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2016

@rds100 said:
    Is IGMP snooping disabled on vmbr0? It needs ot be disabled for the ipv6 neighbor discovery to work (it uses multicast).

Tried:

echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/vmbr0/bridge/multicast_snooping

Not working, after like 30 seconds it stops working also.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:

@rds100 said:

Tried:

Define stops working. What stops working?

@Clouvider said:

@Neoon said:

@rds100 said:

Tried:

Define stops working. What stops working?

I cannot ping the VM anymore, and the VM cannot ping the Hostsystem anymore, as soon I run that command: ip addr add 2001:41d0:x:abcd::2/128 dev vmbr0 on the Hostsystem.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Neoon said: So actually I used the Proxmox template from OVH

Sorry to ask - They provide a Proxmox template that is ready-to-go network wise?

@Amitz said:

Neoon said: So actually I used the Proxmox template from OVH

Sorry to ask - They provide a Proxmox template that is ready-to-go network wise?

Its just a base, you still need to do stuff by yourself.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Did you get this working? I set up a Kimsufi KVM server a few days ago, but not with proxmox.

Thanks that works, hoever using different NIC's seems to fuck up.