Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WSI is down today
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WSI is down today

They are "working on it". Since this is LET, I was wondering if anyone who knows more could share the drama so that we can get the popcorns out :p

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent

Comments

• That's unacceptable. Where is the chargeback squad?

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Was also down for me

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • They suffered a power cut affecting all of their DC, servers started getting back online an hour ago, still working on restoring all servers.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @zafouhar said:
    They suffered a power cut affecting all of their DC, servers started getting back online an hour ago, still working on restoring all servers.

Damn! Thanks for sharing :)

• @deadbeef said:

@zafouhar said:
    They suffered a power cut affecting all of their DC, servers started getting back online an hour ago, still working on restoring all servers.

Damn! Thanks for sharing :)

I'm sure @AaronW will have more specifics to share

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Looks like my box is up now - sweet :)

• rdesrdes Member

Only one of 5 my servers was down for ~2 hours and already back some time ago.

• @zafouhar said:
    I'm sure @AaronW will have more specifics to share

I would like to see @AaronW active again as 2 months ago he stopped replying to my PM's and/or emails and last active time was around the same but just noticed now that he was active July 5, @Dedispec might also have some info about this as they're located inside the same DC.

• gappergapper Member

Mine is still down 9 hours and counting btw they haven't answered my critical ticket.

• zhablezhable Member

mine was down for about 2.5 hours and has been up since 8AM this morning.

• edited July 2016

I don't keep specific tabs on that box, but just noticed mine was down for the services I run. Ran a power cycle on the machine and it came back up. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• gappergapper Member

When you say "Ran a power cycle" you mean manually logging in to the WSI control panel and clicking on "Reboot"?

@zhable did you need to do that in order to get your server back up or it was automatically? Did you open a support ticket?

• @gapper said:
    Mine is still down 9 hours and counting btw they haven't answered my critical ticket.

Ticket response time has been averaging at 2-5 minutes all day today and all my servers are back online already

• @gapper said:
    When you say "Ran a power cycle" you mean manually logging in to the WSI control panel and clicking on "Reboot"?

Correct. I checked my service that I run on that machine and saw it was down, per this thread to check. Tried to SSH and received no response. Logged into panel, reboot, waited, and services and connectivity restored. Thought it was a bit strange.

• gappergapper Member
    edited July 2016

On my WSI panel it says the following: http://oi67.tinypic.com/rm1xxs.jpg

So I'm not sure if I should "Reboot" or not because it says "Status: On / Connection Status: Connected"

The worst thing is that they don't answer my ticket (5 hours waiting and it is a critical ticket). Total downtime until now is 10 hours.

• zhablezhable Member

@gapper said:

@zhable did you need to do that in order to get your server back up or it was automatically? Did you open a support ticket?

I didn't do a thing, uptimerobot told me it was down (figured it was another power issue) waited and it came back up.

• gappergapper Member
    edited July 2016

Just clicked on "Reboot", after confirming it said "server is power cycling..." and then the page reloaded. Unfortunately it was useless because my server is still down :(

I guess I have to wait until they answer my ticket... damn it.

• @gapper said:
    On my WSI panel it says the following: http://oi67.tinypic.com/rm1xxs.jpg

So I'm not sure if I should "Reboot" or not because it says "Status: On / Connection Status: Connected"

The worst thing is that they don't answer my ticket (5 hours waiting and it is a critical ticket). Total downtime until now is 10 hours.

My instance indicated the same thing as well for being up and connected, but the power cycle fixed it.

• Here is the official RFO for anyone interested

Service should be restored at this time.

At about 4am local time our main facility suffered power loss. All generators fired up as expected however transfer switch #1 did not transfer correctly and power was lost to approx 1/3 of the datacenter floor. We manually transferred switch 1, brought the UPS back online and restored power to the affected areas of the facility. As of now, utility power has also been restored and everything is functioning normally.

We are working on tickets in the order that we receive them, please note they are sorted chronologically and we respond to the oldest tickets first. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we are working through as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience in getting your services online.

• gappergapper Member

I also got the same update on my ticket however my server is still down for 12 hours and counting...

• @gapper said:
    I also got the same update on my ticket however my server is still down for 12 hours and counting...

I don't know if I'm lucky or what but I can't complain as all day I've been getting 1-2 minute average response times.

• click4easyclick4easy Member
    edited July 2016

Just noticed that my servers with WSI are down, and submitted a ticket to Support. In my experience till now, i found them to be very quick in terms of support. And, i have no problems with their service till this incident. They are a nice low-end provider, and i hope to see them fix the issue soon. Waiting for a reply on my ticket.

Sorry to see fellow WSI clients having their servers down for a long while. I hope everything restores back to normal for everyone at the earliest possible.

If i receive any information from WSI, i'll try to update it here.

• @zafouhar said:

@gapper said:

I don't know if I'm lucky or what but I can't complain as all day I've been getting 1-2 minute average response times.

I submitted a ticket and got a response in three minutes. It's nice to see them around with such speedy replies. It looks like they are fast even under pressure.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Not Kimsufi. Scam!

• MridulMridul Member

I have 2 of my servers down.
    Any one else facing the same issue ?

• Thanks a lot Nikola Tesla.

Thanked by 1loot
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

106 days of uptime here, no problems noticed. You making this up for entertainment value?

edited July 2016

@Mridul said:
    I have 2 of my servers down.
    Any one else facing the same issue ?

Yes, i have 3 services of mine down with WSI. This is what they told me the cause of the down time. You can checkout this WSI downtime thread here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/87470/wsi-is-down-today#latest

"At about 4am local time our main facility suffered power loss. All generators fired up as expected however transfer switch #1 did not transfer correctly and power was lost to approx 1/3 of the datacenter floor. We manually transferred switch 1, brought the UPS back online and restored power to the affected areas of the facility. As of now, utility power has also been restored and everything is functioning normally.

We are working on tickets in the order that we receive them, please note they are sorted chronologically and we respond to the oldest tickets first. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we are working through as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience in getting your services online."

edited July 2016

@shovenose said:
    106 days of uptime here, no problems noticed. You making this up for entertainment value?

@Mirdul is correct since there are as many as 1/3rd of the Datacenter floor(According to Wholesaleinternet) affected due to a power loss issue. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/87470/wsi-is-down-today#latest

• MridulMridul Member

@click4easy

Has this been resolved ?