Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
SuperServer 2027TR-HTRF+
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

SuperServer 2027TR-HTRF+

iRepkoiRepko Member, Provider
edited June 2016 in General

Anyone have experience with the SuperServer 2027TR-HTRF+? https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2U/2027/SYS-2027TR-HTRF_.cfm

If so, what is your experience with it.

Comments

  • PandyPandy Member

    that link is not working for me

  • iRepkoiRepko Member, Provider

    @Pandy said:
    that link is not working for me

    Changed the link. Should work now.

  • RizRiz Member

    I had a few going for a while, and now just one running currently without issues. They are designed nicely, but very compact. You will not have very much extra room.

  • iRepkoiRepko Member, Provider

    @Riz said:
    I had a few going for a while, and now just one running currently without issues. They are designed nicely, but very compact. You will not have very much extra room.

    I'm thinking of Running E5-2620's. What are you running in it?

  • InfinityInfinity Member, Provider

    Nothing much to say, they run fine on the latest bios. Only problem was that I needed to get the IPMI BIOS flashing license first because they don't support E5 v2 CPUs on the out of the box BIOS.

    Cablestreet - London based ISP - Managed Solutions, Carrier Services, Colocation, Dedicated Servers, VMs, and more..

  • iRepkoiRepko Member, Provider

    @Infinity said:
    Nothing much to say, they run fine on the latest bios. Only problem was that I needed to get the IPMI BIOS flashing license first because they don't support E5 v2 CPUs on the out of the box BIOS.

    Alright thanks.

  • RizRiz Member

    @iRepko said:

    @Riz said:
    I had a few going for a while, and now just one running currently without issues. They are designed nicely, but very compact. You will not have very much extra room.

    I'm thinking of Running E5-2620's. What are you running in it?

    E5-2670's now, and E5-2660's (previously).

  • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Provider

    Just be careful with the pins on the sleds when modifying the blades. Don't slam them in.

    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS | Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation

    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD | Moscow & Seoul coming soon...

  • iRepkoiRepko Member, Provider

    @PhotonVPS said:
    Just be careful with the pins on the sleds when modifying the blades. Don't slam them in.

    Gotcha.

  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    What's the price of this? Really interesting, each node supports 6x2.5"...

  • 2670s are pretty cheap, so unless you do need 2620s.

  • iRepkoiRepko Member, Provider

    @msg7086 said:
    2670s are pretty cheap, so unless you do need 2620s.

    Ahhh, yeah they are both around the same pricing.

Sign In or Register to comment.