Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SuperServer 2027TR-HTRF+
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SuperServer 2027TR-HTRF+

iRepkoiRepko Member
edited June 2016 in General

Anyone have experience with the SuperServer 2027TR-HTRF+? https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2U/2027/SYS-2027TR-HTRF_.cfm

If so, what is your experience with it.

Comments

• PandyPandy Member

that link is not working for me

• iRepkoiRepko Member

@Pandy said:
    that link is not working for me

Changed the link. Should work now.

• RizRiz Member

I had a few going for a while, and now just one running currently without issues. They are designed nicely, but very compact. You will not have very much extra room.

• iRepkoiRepko Member

@Riz said:
    I had a few going for a while, and now just one running currently without issues. They are designed nicely, but very compact. You will not have very much extra room.

I'm thinking of Running E5-2620's. What are you running in it?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Nothing much to say, they run fine on the latest bios. Only problem was that I needed to get the IPMI BIOS flashing license first because they don't support E5 v2 CPUs on the out of the box BIOS.

• iRepkoiRepko Member

@Infinity said:
    Nothing much to say, they run fine on the latest bios. Only problem was that I needed to get the IPMI BIOS flashing license first because they don't support E5 v2 CPUs on the out of the box BIOS.

Alright thanks.

• RizRiz Member

@iRepko said:

@Riz said:

I'm thinking of Running E5-2620's. What are you running in it?

E5-2670's now, and E5-2660's (previously).

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Just be careful with the pins on the sleds when modifying the blades. Don't slam them in.

• iRepkoiRepko Member

@PhotonVPS said:
    Just be careful with the pins on the sleds when modifying the blades. Don't slam them in.

Gotcha.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

What's the price of this? Really interesting, each node supports 6x2.5"...

• 2670s are pretty cheap, so unless you do need 2620s.

• iRepkoiRepko Member

@msg7086 said:
    2670s are pretty cheap, so unless you do need 2620s.

Ahhh, yeah they are both around the same pricing.