Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Pulls A 180
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Pulls A 180

In April of 2015 I ordered a yearly VPS from @AlphaRacks and had serveral issues over a 2 month period, which lead me to cancel the service 2 months later, without a refund.

In may of 2016 I read a post on LEB from AlphaRacks, and commented that users should be cautious of this provider.

Within 2 hours of my comment Julian answered, promised that AlphaRacks had changed and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.

So I've been using their offered container for close to 3 months now and I can attest that they have emended their ways and are a top notch provider!

I am in no way affiliated with AlphaRacks, nor am I a compensated endorser. I'm just a user that was pleasantly surprised by a company that made good on a promise.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Alright. Cool.

Now, here's your cookie*

Thanked by 1imok
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

what a powerful comment

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2016

@K4Y5 - cookies aren't the craze anymore, time to bring back pop tarts (soak up my awful thirty second Photoshop skills) <3

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Can confirm OP was paid for this post.

Kidding :P

• thagoat said: In April of 2015 I ordered a yearly VPS from @AlphaRacks and had serveral issues over a 2 month period, which lead me to cancel the service 2 months later, without a refund.

In may of 2016 I read a post on LEB from AlphaRacks, and commented that users should be cautious of this provider.
    Within 2 hours of my comment Julian answered, promised that AlphaRacks had changed and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.
    So I've been using their offered container for close to 3 months now and I can attest that they have emended their ways and are a top notch provider!
    I am in no way affiliated with AlphaRacks, nor am I a compensated endorser. I'm just a user that was pleasantly surprised by a company that made good on a promise.

Thank you for the endorsement! I'm so glad that your experience with AlphaRacks is now satisfactory, we've taken many steps to create a positive experience for our customers and to move forward as a company. It's always gratifying to see confirmation that we're on the right track when customers acknowledge our work.

In case of any assistance required or if you have any feedback for us, we are standing by!

• Just bought a vps from alpharacks. I think it worked..

• jcalebjcaleb Member

thagoat said: and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.

what is this deal?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@jcaleb said:

what is this deal?

Pick any package and apply the code SHILL4THAWIN@LET for 99% recurring discount for 6 months, or service lifetime, whichever comes sooner.

J/K ofc.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @jcaleb said:

what is this deal?

Free VPS, in exchange for a positive review on LET.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • +1, in support of @thagoat - support has been extremely fast and my node just works - really like it!

Good job @alpharacks! (not paid in any form to make this brief review)

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • I've been with them since they took over RIJX. I think they had a rough spot there with their nameservers - nobody's perfect, but they've been solid for quite a while.

• thagoatthagoat Member
    edited June 2016

The deal was > @jcaleb said:

what is this deal?

2 pounds of cocaine in exchange for 3 hookers, a Maserati, a jet ski, and 2 rolls of 3 ply TP. Also exclusive rights to my 2nd born upon his or her 18th birthday to work in the salt mines behind AlphaRacks DC.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • geekhostgeekhost Member
    edited July 2016

@Ole_Juul said:
    I've been with them since they took over RIJX. I think they had a rough spot there with their nameservers - nobody's perfect, but they've been solid for quite a while.

Same here, so far so good.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited July 2016

thagoat said: 2 pounds of cocaine in exchange for 3 hookers, a Maserati, a jet ski, and 2 rolls of 3 ply TP. Also exclusive rights to my 2nd born upon his or her 18th birthday to work in the salt mines behind AlphaRacks DC.

So some light googling reveals the following facts:

• Cocaine sells on the street for $50-70/gm. Let's just say $60. 2 pounds * 16 ounces to the pound * 28 gm/ounce = 896 grams, or $53,760.

• Hookers? No idea. Google says...$200-300 a throw. But it's not clear what "for 3 hookers" means. White slavery? Not sure how much a hooker would cost to buy outright...that's kind of an unlimited bandwidth offer...well, let's say once a day for a year, and you get a $200 rate since you're buying in bulk. $73,000 a year. But that's only for one year. We'll assume 18yo to start, probably retire by 45yo (if you're kinky, we can change the math) - so let's say a hooker depreciates over a 27 year period, but provides constant value throughout (though...is a 45yo hooker giving you the same value for your dollar as a 21yo hooker? I really don't know.) 27 years @ $73,000 a year = $1,971,000. But you have three, so $5,913,000.

• Ebay Motors shows Maseratis selling from $30K to $160K. The $60-70K range seems popular so let's say $65,000.

• Jet Ski? No idea. Let's say $1000.

• 3play toilet paper seems to go for about 79 cents a roll, and you're giving two, so $1.58.

• 2nd born? Hard to value...but you're talking salt-mine labor so we can safely assume minimum wage. He can't start until he's 18, works until he's 65, and does 40 hours/week. I'm assume there are no vacations because, well, it's a salt mine. 47 years * 52 weeks * 40 hours/week * $7.25/hr = $708,760. Minimum wage will probably go up over that time, but I'm sure his employer will find sufficient ways to shaft him that we can just assume $7.25 as a constant.

So a grand total of $6,741,521.58. 88% of that is the three hookers. Now maybe you meant "a night with three hookers" in which case we could multiply their hourly rate by, say, four hours. 3 ladies * 4 hours * $200 = $2400. Now you're down to only $830,921.58.

I don't know...$830K is more reasonable for a LEB than $6.7 million, but...well, I'd check lowendbox.com first.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

• thagoatthagoat Member
    edited July 2016

@raindog308 Well, for starters, thanks for doing the light math. I nearly spit beer on my screen a few times, but that's "Very Nice". If I feel the urge to spend $830K on a box, it'd better be a nice box lol. This was the best comment I've read on LET in quite some time. Thank you good sir!

Also, I enjoyed that you provided a link to the cost of TP. Classic

Thanked by 2raindog308 vpsGOD
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

K4Y5 said: Pick any package and apply the code SHILL4THAWIN@LET for 99% recurring discount for 6 months, or service lifetime, whichever comes sooner.

J/K ofc.

Thanked by 2K4Y5 Bochi
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@VirMach said:

K4Y5 said: Pick any package and apply the code SHILL4THAWIN@LET for 99% recurring discount for 6 months, or service lifetime, whichever comes sooner.

J/K ofc.

ROFL! Just bought my 9th VPS with you now. Wish I had stuck with the 'service life' time frame instead of adding the 6 months option.

Thanks @VirMach

• @VirMach said:

J/K ofc.

This promo actually worked for Enterprise+ plan for monthly billing.

• edgaredgar Member

__> @momin90909 said:

@VirMach said:

J/K ofc.

I got charged full price with the coupon :/

• @edgar said:
    __> @momin90909 said:

@VirMach said:

J/K ofc.

I got charged full price with the coupon :/

Maximum promotion use limit was 1. I got Maxmind'ed out as well since I guess I was on VPN when ordering :(

• Actually I cannot say Alpharacks sucks... It does oversell its VPS, which make me frustrated that my MySQL server always get killed even if there is still about 1/4 of physical memory available. Luckily when I submitted a ticket to complain about this, the staffs quickly suspended some abusers on the node and it is much better now. (I purchased its LEB package before and its price was really attractive)

• They apparently shut off my node, somehow added 2TB of bw, and forgot to turn it back on.

...and I was running a production backend server on that server. Gonna assume they moved me to another hostnode or whatever, but it's also much faster for me now.

Node: oscar

• I am very cautious with AlphaRacks. I have a couple of VPS's and 2 reseller accounts. for months now I have had to deal an issue where not only would sites load incredibly slowly, but would drop off several times a day. my uptime monitor would do nuts notifying me of the sites going offline. To top this off I've had to deal with support that simply gave me scripted answers that claim the issue was fixed yet it would appear again. My support ticket for this current complaint has been dragging on since July!

As a result I have to use other hosts to run these sites (and these are only dev sites) as it's just too unreliable.