Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[DigitalOcean] Extend Credit Expiry
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

[DigitalOcean] Extend Credit Expiry

Anyone know if you can extend the life of DO credit?
My 12 month expiry is up this month, but I still have $60 credit left. :(

Comments

• use them ,no ways

I am not Rick

• jarjar Provider

To be blunt, it depends primarily on the answer to this question:

Do you actually want to use the service or are you just sad to lose a free thing?

The point is that with promotions we want people to try us out and use our service. If I help someone get credit for another year because they're sad to lose a free thing, and they show no signs of actually wanting to be a customer, what actual benefit does it serve? I don't want to just repeat it every year for someone who really doesn't want to use the service.

"Note that Romania has laws agains all the illegal activities just like US, including copyright. Is not the Dracula's country or no man's land as you thought." - Random email from someone I don't know, about nothing I've done or said

• @jarland

I think you need to have a DO link in your sig or some other identifier that you represent DO.

If people area not familiar with LET then words like "we" and "us" are confusing.

• @jarland thanks, what you said makes perfect sense, and you are right, I am more on the 'sad to lose a free thing' side.
    Currently I just use DO to spin up and play with a server for a few hours.
    I should be happy for the promo and just add $10 to my account, as I have only used <$5 in the last year.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Provider
    edited April 2016

@bohdans said:
    jarland thanks, what you said makes perfect sense, and you are right, I am more on the 'sad to lose a free thing' side.
    Currently I just use DO to spin up and play with a server for a few hours.
    I should be happy for the promo and just add $10 to my account, as I have only used <$5 in the last year.

I can respect that and I like the honesty. I'll tell you what... If you add that $10 a gift will follow it (when I get home because we ran out of cat food).

:)

(One time offer from me to you, not a precedent or policy, I believe in dynamically approaching situations based on their own variables)

"Note that Romania has laws agains all the illegal activities just like US, including copyright. Is not the Dracula's country or no man's land as you thought." - Random email from someone I don't know, about nothing I've done or said

• ATHKATHK Member

@jarland said:
    :)

Meow.

Thanked by 4jar netomx TheLonely ehab
  • @ATHK said:
    Meow.

woof woof

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarland said: If you add that $10 a gift will follow it (when I get home because we ran out of cat food).

Awesome! Free bag of cat food with every top-up :P

Thanked by 2jar TheLonely
  • TIL that @TheOnlyDK wants to eat @ATHK. Or maybe just sniff and lick. Instructions unclear.

tl;dr <3 @jarland

Thanked by 3ATHK jar TheLonely

Personal consultant to OP's Mom™

• Mine. :(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ATHKATHK Member

@budi1413 said:

Mine. :(

That's almost my total! But I actually pay each month and don't rely on free credit..

• It's a shame this applies to referral credits also, but it is what it is i guess.

• manlivomanlivo Member without signature

$59 Credit! :))

• WOW! Thanks @jarland

/troll

• Whoops, that wasn't enough, so I fixed it,

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • Wooh... Thanks Jarland

I repeat, RAID is not backup | Looking for a developer for your next project? - Hire me

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2016

Thank you, @jarland for making my cough "banana" bigger! ;-)

Thanked by 1TheKiller

For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com