Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[DigitalOcean] Extend Credit Expiry
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[DigitalOcean] Extend Credit Expiry

Anyone know if you can extend the life of DO credit?
My 12 month expiry is up this month, but I still have $60 credit left. :(

Comments

• use them ,no ways

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

To be blunt, it depends primarily on the answer to this question:

Do you actually want to use the service or are you just sad to lose a free thing?

The point is that with promotions we want people to try us out and use our service. If I help someone get credit for another year because they're sad to lose a free thing, and they show no signs of actually wanting to be a customer, what actual benefit does it serve? I don't want to just repeat it every year for someone who really doesn't want to use the service.

• @jarland

I think you need to have a DO link in your sig or some other identifier that you represent DO.

If people area not familiar with LET then words like "we" and "us" are confusing.

• @jarland thanks, what you said makes perfect sense, and you are right, I am more on the 'sad to lose a free thing' side.
    Currently I just use DO to spin up and play with a server for a few hours.
    I should be happy for the promo and just add $10 to my account, as I have only used <$5 in the last year.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2016

@bohdans said:
    jarland thanks, what you said makes perfect sense, and you are right, I am more on the 'sad to lose a free thing' side.
    Currently I just use DO to spin up and play with a server for a few hours.
    I should be happy for the promo and just add $10 to my account, as I have only used <$5 in the last year.

I can respect that and I like the honesty. I'll tell you what... If you add that $10 a gift will follow it (when I get home because we ran out of cat food).

:)

(One time offer from me to you, not a precedent or policy, I believe in dynamically approaching situations based on their own variables)

• ATHKATHK Member

@jarland said:
    :)

Meow.

Thanked by 4jar netomx TheLonely ehab
  • @ATHK said:
    Meow.

woof woof

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarland said: If you add that $10 a gift will follow it (when I get home because we ran out of cat food).

Awesome! Free bag of cat food with every top-up :P

Thanked by 2jar TheLonely
  • TIL that @TheOnlyDK wants to eat @ATHK. Or maybe just sniff and lick. Instructions unclear.

tl;dr <3 @jarland

Thanked by 3ATHK jar TheLonely
  • Mine. :(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ATHKATHK Member

@budi1413 said:

Mine. :(

That's almost my total! But I actually pay each month and don't rely on free credit..

• It's a shame this applies to referral credits also, but it is what it is i guess.

• $59 Credit! :))

• WOW! Thanks @jarland

/troll

• Whoops, that wasn't enough, so I fixed it,

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • Wooh... Thanks Jarland

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2016

Thank you, @jarland for making my cough "banana" bigger! ;-)

Thanked by 1TheKiller