Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wholesaleinternet - additional bandwidth.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wholesaleinternet - additional bandwidth.

I would like to buy few dedis from WSI but additional bandwidth pricing (1TB - $20 - thats info i get from their support) scares me. Anyone was able to get better additional bandwidth pricing from WSI? Or maybe from WSI reseller? Thanks :)

Comments

• Choose products with unmetered 100Mbps then you don't have any risk of overage.

• dodheimsgarddodheimsgard Member
    edited March 2016

Choose products with unmetered 100Mbps then you don't have any risk of overage

100mbps is not enough for me, 1gbps is too much for me. Thats problem.

• So, if, I'm correct, you're saying 30TB Bandwidth per month isn't enough? (A 100Mbps connection maxed 24/7)

• I think you made a mistake, all their dedis on their website is or 100mbit Unmetered (cheap dedis) or 20 TB p.month, where do you see 1TB - $20 ?

• MadMad Member

@dodheimsgard said:
    100mbps is not enough for me, 1gbps is too much for me. Thats problem.

They either provide 100Mbps or 1Gbps, I suppose you have no other choice.

• @active8 said:
    I think you made a mistake, all their dedis on their website is or 100mbit Unmetered (cheap dedis) or 20 TB p.month, where do you see 1TB - $20 ?

He is talking about Bandwidth Overage.

• @david_reid
    Aaghh read to fast :) thanks for pointing me :)

• @active8 said:
    david_reid
    Aaghh read to fast :) thanks for pointing me :)

You read too fast and I type too fast!

• dodheimsgarddodheimsgard Member
    edited March 2016

@david_reid
    Yes you are right, for some tasks 30TB a month is not enough for me.

• dodheimsgard said: I would like to buy few dedis from WSI but additional bandwidth pricing (1TB - $20 - thats info i get from their support) scares me. Anyone was able to get better additional bandwidth pricing from WSI? Or maybe from WSI reseller? Thanks :)

I was billed about $42 for a tad over 2tb's when :
    1- I had requested long time ago I could have 100 unmetered in all my boxes
    2- Asked why did the low end modeles Core2 have the 100 mbit U by default while there more expensive product line did not have such option by default
    3- Was never ever warned about like 80-90% of having ate bw.

After all their speeds are good but be honest, they use HE+ Cogent+ Peering and charging overages like if they had the quality of Softlayer.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

It's cheaper to just get two boxes then. Where's the problem? :)