Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impact VPS | 1 Year Anniversery Special - 50% off | Now With 3 Locations In A Single package!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Impact VPS | 1 Year Anniversery Special - 50% off | Now With 3 Locations In A Single package!

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
edited March 2016 in Offers

Impact VPS is the product of Subnet Labs LLC, a rapidly expanding and high performance web hosting company based in Mechanicsburg, PA. We offer OpenVZ cloud servers that can be customized to fit your needs.

Hardware: We use the latest hardware for our VPS nodes. Dual E5v3 Intel Processors with 128GB of DDR4 Memory, 4-6 x 1TB SSDs and a 10Gbps fiber connection to the node.

What is a VDR? VDR stands for Virtual Dedicated Resources. Unlike a standard VPS package, you can split the resources you pay for into as many servers of any size you want. (Per VPS Limits HERE)

Have 12GB of RAM? You can create

• 1 x 12GB server with 4IPs
  • 3 x 4GB servers with 1 IP each and 2 with 2 IPs
  • 1 x 6GB + 2 x 3GB servers

The combinations are endless

You choose how you want to split up your resources. Upgrade and downgrade them at any time. Can even split them across our 3 U.S. Locations (Seattle, Dallas and NYC)

To celebrate the opening of two new locations and our 1 year anniversery we are offering:

50% off recurring using promo code: 1year3locations

This discount applies to all plans on our website as well as those listed here:

Each VDR plan has the ability to set scheduled snapshot backups included for free.

VDR Plan:

VDR4

• 4 Cores
  • 4GB RAM
  • 45GB SSD Disk
  • 2000GB Bandwidth
  • 5 IPv4
  • IPv6
  • Deploy to Seattle, Dallas, NYC of a combination of all

$6 per month recurring

Order

We are so confident that you will love our services that we offer a 3 day no questions asked refund on the first payment of each account.

AUP: (This is not the full list): Not allowed: Teamspeak,mumble,torrents, spamming / mass mail, nested virtualization, tor.

Test IPv4: 107.155.106.130

Test IPv6: 2604:880:a:2::1

Test IPv4: 162.212.59.218

Test IPv6: 2620:1e8:2::1

Test IPv4: 172.110.20.1

Payment Options: PayPal, Credit Card (Not through paypal) and Bitcoin.

Comments

• @Awmusic12635 is IPv6 subnet or a few?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

tenpera said: @Awmusic12635 is IPv6 subnet or a few?

It is not a full subnet. Hope to do actual subnets in our next software upgrade.

• @Awmusic12635 can you at least specify how many ipv6 per location?

tenpera said: @Awmusic12635 can you at least specify how many ipv6 per location?

It isn't per location it is assigned per plan. You can assign them as you choose. VDR4 includes 40 for you to spread out

• NekkiNekki Veteran

So basically Wable without snapshots and the constant nagging fear of immediate termination?

Thanked by 1Junkless
    edited March 2016

Awmusic12635 said: Each VDR plan has the ability to set scheduled snapshot backups included for free

Nekki said: So basically Wable without snapshots

We do have snapshots at no charge. They are however stored on node so if we lose the node we would lose the snapshots too. We may in the future introduce redundant snapshots but those would be optionally charged.

Few screenshots: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s64/sh/220fcf8e-e7e3-4d51-a28f-ce6071307458/0b2b86d0af06c9ad73fcfe5b640fedc5

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s64/sh/220fcf8e-e7e3-4d51-a28f-ce6071307458/0b2b86d0af06c9ad73fcfe5b640fedc5

Nekki said: constant nagging fear of immediate termination?

We do not terminate people without good reason. And if we do you always have the option to get your data.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Hmmm, no fear of termination, or powerboost....

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @Nekki said:
    Hmmm, no fear of termination, or powerboost....

The pricing is still competitive, if not the same as powerboost. But it's the other thing (freedom from the constant sword hanging over my head) that made me switch. Now I know what a night of peaceful sleep feels like.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • Already signed up

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • jhjh Member

Nekki said: constant nagging fear of immediate termination

Curious what happened to you.. I signed up for the power boost (hard to resist). They lost my credit card, then tried to charge it, once, and failed, because they lost it, and immediately terminated my stuff.

• alfredalfred Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

Quick comparison between ImpactVPS and Wable so far (I have had VMs with both):

• Wable has better CPU performance by a large margin (not as much overselling?)
    • ImpactVPS has far better I/O performance
    • ImpactVPS support is much better
    • Network is the same (as expected)
    • Pricing is similar

In the end I guess it depends on what is important to you. YMMV of course.

Thanked by 1seikan
  • Looks good, just bought one.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635

@alfred said:
    Quick comparison between ImpactVPS and Wable so far (I have had VMs with both):

• Wable has better CPU performance by a large margin (not as much overselling?)

Wable uses more powerful CPUs

edited March 2016

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Wable uses more powerful CPUs

I'm not sure when you last checked, but my Wable VPS uses E5-2643v3's...

One benchmark I like is the OpenSSL speedtest. Here is a link to the results of ImpactVPS vs Wable I just ran: https://gist.github.com/alfredxing/f1c0b3e62e1b9ee364a1

edited March 2016

@alfred said:
    One benchmark I like is the OpenSSL speedtest. Here is a link to the results of ImpactVPS vs Wable I just ran: https://gist.github.com/alfredxing/

The E5-2643 is a much better CPU than the 2630. They are like 3 grand in a dual CPU setup Clocked at 3.4Ghz vs the 2.4 of ours

edited March 2016

@Awmusic12635 said:
    The E5-2643 is a much better CPU than the 2630. They are like 3 grand in a dual CPU setup Clocked at 3.4Ghz vs the 2.4 of ours

Oops, sorry, I misread your previous post! I thought you said Impact uses better CPU's... -_-

Yeah, I feel clock speed is actually pretty important, especially with VPSes where customers don't get too many cores. Why the decision to go with E5 vs E3 to begin with?

@alfred said:
    Yeah, I feel clock speed is actually pretty important, especially with VPSes where customers don't get too many cores. Why the decision to go with E5 vs E3 to begin with?

E3 only supports 32GB ram max (on the most common ones) and more cores allows more overall servers as overall the node is more powerful than a e3

Ahh right, cores and RAM. Thanks for clarifying!

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited March 2016

@Awmusic12635 Critical Error

Could not connect to the 'whmcs' database.

edited March 2016

tenpera said: @Awmusic12635 Critical Error

Could not connect to the 'whmcs' database.

Yes our website is under attack at the moment

Edit: should be back now

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jh said:
    Curious what happened to you.. I signed up for the power boost (hard to resist). They lost my credit card, then tried to charge it, once, and failed, because they lost it, and immediately terminated my stuff.

Nothing, Gordon and co have always been perfectly pleasant to me. But I know, based on the experience of others that a wrong move could see me out on my arse instantly.

• Hi Alex, Custom plans available now?

• How many ips for vdr4 plan? Are ips static or can be changed on new vps creation?

niceboy said: Hi Alex, Custom plans available now?

Not at this time

muratai said: How many ips for vdr4 plan? Are ips static or can be changed on new vps creation?

VDR4 includes 5 IPv4 for you to split up between servers. They are static ips

• fjchwfjchw Member

The price is valid for life or only for the first year?

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited March 2016

@fjchw said:
    The price is valid for life or only for the first year?

For life.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635

fjchw said: The price is valid for life or only for the first year?

@Junkless is correct. It is for life

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • Just order VDR 8 and still planning what to do with it.. ouch!

@Noerman said:
    Just order VDR 8 and still planning what to do with it.. ouch!

Perhaps a VDR12 or 16 would give you some ideas ;)