Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some insane (OVH/DDoS protected/RAID10) $7 7GB/mo, $15 yearly unlimited bandwidth or 3GB RAM offers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some insane (OVH/DDoS protected/RAID10) $7 7GB/mo, $15 yearly unlimited bandwidth or 3GB RAM offers!

linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
edited March 2016 in Offers

These offers are located at OVH Canada, with 1Gbps guaranteed bandwidth ("Premium Bandwidth OVH/Internet"). No SLA guarantee on these offers, but if a node goes down all VPS's affected get a free month of service. This does not cover DDoS attacks, but the node is covered by OVH's anti DDoS and we can customise permanent mitigation or firewall rules as required. Min node specs for this offer run are either E3 or E5's with 32GB RAM, and weekly offsite backups.

Extra IP's are $12 a year with justification - Read TOS before ordering (No virtual currency, Tor or Hitleap without asking)

Canada OpenVZ Unlimited - $15 Yearly - Click here to sign up!

• 768MB DDR3 RAM
  • 10GB Disk Space
  • 1 CPU Core
  • Unlimited bandwidth @ 100Mbps
  • OVH DDoS Protection
  • 1 IPv4 Address, 10 IPv6
  • Canada Datacenter
  • SolusVM Control Panel

Canada OpenVZ 3GB Yearly - $15 Yearly - Click here to sign up!

• 3GB DDR3 RAM
  • 50GB Disk Space
  • 2 CPU Cores
  • 3TB bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • OVH DDoS Protection
  • 1 IPv4 Address, 10 IPv6
  • Canada Datacenter
  • SolusVM Control Panel

Thanks for taking the time to read through this offer! NO rDNS provided or allowed.

Thanked by 2wolfman qq7119

Comments

• linuxthefish said: fucking cheap

Look like you own the Tag :) Nice Offers

Thanked by 2thagoat MrPsycho
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited March 2016

and how rdns ips looks like then?

90-100.im.hosted.with.linuxthefish.is.da.best.ca ?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • >

1Gbps guaranteed bandwidth

>

bandwidth @ 100Mbps

Huh?

• @alaningus said:
    Huh?

The nodes have the OVH 1Gbps upgrade on them, most OVH boxes only have 500Mbps up.

• alaningus said: bandwidth @ 100Mbps

Unlimited 100mbps not full gigabit for this plan

• @linuxthefish said:
    Unlimited 100mbps not full gigabit for this plan

Why no RDNS?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

doghouch said: Why no RDNS?

Yeah...

linuxthefish said: NO rDNS provided or allowed.

...none is provided, and if you figure out a magic way to do it yourself, don't, because it isn't even allowed!

• wolfmanwolfman Member
    edited March 2016

Just ordered the Canada OpenVZ 3GB Yearly - $15 Yearly and saw this after ordering on their announcements page:

March 2, 2016 by Alexander C

Emergency Canada2 Maintenance
    Due to datacenter issues the server you are on is currently offline. We are working to get this back online, please hold. Apologies about this!

Server is offline and won't boot. Opened a ticket with them.

• Test file?

• wolfman said: Server is offline and won't boot. Opened a ticket with them.

Whoops that's an old announcement, ignore it. Looks like Debian 8 template is screwed up!

Thanked by 1wolfman
  • trinqtrinq Member

Hi,
    Just buy from this website. VPS cant start . Server offline. and now "There seems to have been a slight problem with our database, please try again later.
    "

• @linuxthefish said:
    Whoops that's an old announcement, ignore it. Looks like Debian 8 template is screwed up!

Thank you very much! We can access the server now and you was very quick to resolve the issue though the ticket CE-1263. Much appreciated. Cheers

• Any test file and IP available? Or looking glass? :)

• Not particularly interested in your Canada location, but I saw some UK plans on your website that I might want to jump on. Could you elaborate some more on your CPU usage policy though? I was thinking of getting one of the 6GB plans and run a small Minecraft server on it - is that allowed?

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited March 2016

Chronic said: I was thinking of getting one of the 6GB plans and run a small Minecraft server on it - is that allowed?

Sure, should run great!

Falco33 said: Any test file and IP available? Or looking glass? :)

http://bhs.proof.ovh.net and http://bhs.proof.ovh.net/files are OVH's test. 167.114.157.3 for ping test!

• I'm getting one for a CSGO server. 3GB Canada plan is fine for that right?

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited March 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I'm getting one for a CSGO server. 3GB Canada plan is fine for that right?

Cool, just be aware OVH's ddos protection sucks!

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK MrPsycho
  • rshenrshen Member
    edited March 2016

just buy your Canada OpenVZ Unlimited - $15 Yearly,
    only 5 ipv6,
    why?

• @rshen said:
    just buy your Canada OpenVZ Unlimited - $15 Yearly,
    only 5 ipv6,
    why?

Just making a guess at what would be useful, you can always open a ticket for more! The more IP's added to a container the longer it takes to start, so keeping this low by default is beneficial to everyone.

• linuxthefish said: Canada OpenVZ 3GB Yearly - $15

I bet this offer is not on for long? Do you guys do cPanel licensing?

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited March 2016

Sounds incredibly cheap...

Doesnt power cost more?

• rshenrshen Member

rshen said: nly 5 ipv6 why?

@linuxthefish said:
    Just making a guess at what would be useful, you can always open a ticket for more! The more IP's added to a container the longer it takes to start, so keeping this low by default is beneficial to everyone.

i submit a ticket 2 day ago, still not get any answer!

• rshen said: i submit a ticket 2 day ago, still not get any answer!

I sent you a reply via PM, could either be unassigned or set to wrong ticket status.

• Hello.
    I have made a some research about OVH servers and your VPSes.
    The most cost-effective dedicated server from OVH is SP-128-S. It comes with Xeon E5-1620v2 and 128GB of DDR3 RAM... The price is set to: $121. And now it's fun part... Calculating. I'll base on RAM, because you shouldn't oversell it. Otherwise, you should leave IT brand.
    Also you should leave about 8GB of RAM, just for your machine. For example: you can sell 5x "starter" pack (-5GB, $20), 12x "standard" pack (-36GB, $60) and another 13x "premium" (-78GB, $91). In total you get $171. This gives you $50 income per month... I don't really know how you can support 30 people for 50 dollars. I didn't even mention about computer you work on, domains, hostings, certificates and much more things.

• RizRiz Member

@nalkubaxd5 said:
    you shouldn't oversell it. Otherwise, you should leave IT brand.

What do you expect from OVZ? Everyone knows that they are oversold. It's all about the balance between profit and reliability.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • nalkubaxd5 said: you shouldn't oversell it

30 containers on a single node and non oversold? I'm not that nice!

Thanked by 1kana
  • I do have an idle 3GB vps sitting around. I brought from them in Mid Jan 2016. Can let it go half price if someone needed.

• @wahyan said:
    I do have an idle 3GB vps sitting around. I brought from them in Mid Jan 2016. Can let it go half price if someone needed.

If it's idle and you don't need it I can refund it if you want?

• linuxthefish said: If it's idle and you don't need it I can refund it if you want?

You’re so kind, Thanks