Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable customer support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable customer support

Do I recall a thread where they responded to a request to fix a problem by closing the account?

I'm currently in a similar position, They charged me a bundle for snapshots I didn't ask for. I configured 7 day shots with 35 day retention, but they aren't removing older shots and are charging me for everything. They acknowledge that their system is broken. I ask for a refund on the snapshot charges I didn't order, and they tell me the'll refund after closing my account. I responded saying - don't close account, just refund the charges I shouldn't have been billed for, and they mark the ticket answered with no further response. I ping them for a response. They delete my last two comments and mark the ticket as closed.

WT actual F? The guy I was dealing with was borderline rude and surly throughout.

Comments

• squibs said: The guy I was dealing with was borderline rude and surly throughout.

That sounds actually friendly for wable.

• old story... their support always like that

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Make sure you have everything backed up before pissing Gordon off.

• LeeLee Veteran

Whilst I am a fan of Wable/Incero they do need to fix the snapshot system, it is broke and charging for things it should not.

• Deleting commments? Were they possibly duplicates?

Otherwise, that sounds BAD.

• Actually they just reposted the same reply, making me think my last comments were deleted, so my bad there.

Now I'm locked out of the account. I went to reply to the ticket and got the login screen. My password wouldn't work. I reset the password twice, and the link was sent twice but still can't get in. Also, it looks like they shut down my server, which has critical data on it. I'm really freaked out right now

Thanked by 1VyprNetworks
  • Looks like they've done the typical and closed your account.

Time to move on, I hope you had backups..

• @squibs said:
    still can't get in. Also, it looks like they shut down my server, which has critical data on it. I'm really freaked out right now

Just grab a backup. You have one right? Since it's critical data?

I wonder if you've considered that they don't want to deal with clients that will publicly open threads complaining about them and might terminate your account because of it... IMO it's never a good idea to do something like that until you've safely migrated off the services.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog k0nsl
  • LeeLee Veteran

Yeah, that old critical data, costing you thousands each day no doubt.

The snapshot system itself works great, I thoroughly tested it on the team account we have there. But even then it's a backup at the service provider, you should always have a backup elsewhere if the data is really that important.

• I've got backups of all the sites, and paid a pretty penny for snapshots from Wable themselves, but some may be some days old. I've not been told my account is closed, but Jeff clearly is monitoring this thread because his response to my ticket before I was locked out referred to something referred to in this thread but not in my ticket. I'm simply not prepared to lose work because I questioned a charge that shouldn't have been levied in the first place.

• Wable = PiTA that's simple as it gets

think this as good opportunity to move from Wable today or tomorrow you this would have have happened any time

• @Awmusic12635 : Any wable refugee offer ? :P

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

This is how Gordon operates all of his brands, just look around.

• LeeLee Veteran

Junkless said: @Awmusic12635 : Any wable refugee offer ? :P

Price maybe, quality and price, no chance.

• @Lee said:

>

they do need to fix the snapshot system, it is broke and charging for things it should not.

>

The snapshot system itself works great,

>

Price maybe, quality and price, no chance.

You seem to be a little confused in your blind support of them.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2016

HackedServer said: You seem to be a little confused in your blind support of them.

I already noticed the snapshot charging for things it should not.

But I am saying that the snapshot system itself, you know the bit that does the snapshots works really well, aside from the charging issue.

NowOffYouFuckWithYourAttitude

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

Their ToS says: "Foul, explicit, rude, or abusive language will not be tolerated and may result in immediate account termination without refund". I wonder how you wrote your ticket :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Junkless said: @Awmusic12635 : Any wable refugee offer ? :P

Our next offer will be after the addition of new locations.

Lee said: Price maybe, quality and price, no chance.

I am confident we could compete on quality with wable.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited February 2016

@Junkless said:
    Any wable refugee offer ? :P

We have multiple locations in the EU ready for deployment within our OpenVZ resource bundles, adding more US shortly based on customer requests.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • LeeLee Veteran

Awmusic12635 said: I am confident we could compete on quality with wable.

That was a sweeping statement, not directed specifically at you.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Lee said: That was a sweeping statement, not directed specifically at you.

Well if you ever feel like giving us a try, just shoot me a message :)

Thanked by 2Lee inthecloudblog
  • sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited February 2016

Wable's VPS performance is nothing special actually. There are some other provider who are better. But for price / performance they are quite ok. But, when you look at price/performance/support, i'd rather pay for some more rather than unnaceptable account termination and rude support. I've been there, and it was a nightmare, remembering that I tried my best to cooperate and solve the problem. Even when the problem's solved, they decide to close my account anyway. What a shitty provider ever. And yes they are actively monitoring LET. They just keep it in silent.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2016

Each to their own, I don't have any issues with them and neither do those I pay for to have accounts there.

Quite want to try that vserver KVM with the high resources, but no time.

• All they are is floating resources across bog standard locations, on OpenVZ.

Add anything beyond rude support and you should make loads.

Hell, figure out a better name and you'll make buckets.

Looking at places like you Cloud.net, those odd prices don't work. Leverage your existing infrastructure. Go farther with the Uptime Alliance idea and take on smaller providers with pooled resources expect $X per location.

Offer NAT addresses without IPv4 instances in additional to addressed instances & make it rain.

• no one can complain about them, remember when they moved their DC? No one know ETA :P They only now migration done when they said it done

check WHT or prometeus board.

Let's wait their fanboy :D

• LeeLee Veteran

tommy said: Let's wait their fanboy :D

As with any thread on LET, equaled by their haters and abusers.

• @tommy @Lee

maybe we all should stop labeling people who give their input, we never will be able to fully determine the legitimacy or the intentions of all commenters.

• euh.. looks like i threw myself into the crossfire.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • haters? they make their own haters.