Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest possible UK dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest possible UK dedicated

Hello,

I'm looking for the cheapest possible UK dedicated server with a /27 to start the next GVH.

Single disk, old CPU and 1 HDD is all that's needed thanks! 100mbit and crap network is also fine.

Comments

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited February 2016

Speak to @clouvider I'm sure they can help, I remember them having some i3's for £20-30/mo

• @BradND said:
    Speak to clouvider I'm sure they can help, I remember them having some i3's for £20-30/mo

https://www.clouvider.co.uk/billing/cart.php?gid=20 all out of stock, but yeah that's the ideal price thanks!

• I'd still email in, Dom will do his best to accommodate you. Top provider IMO.

• Why not Netherlands? Do you have some kind of legal obligation to be hosted in UK?

linuxthefish said: UK dedicated server

linuxthefish said: /27 to start the next GVH

linuxthefish said: Single disk, old CPU and 1 HDD is all that's needed thanks! 100mbit and crap network

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • I think the cheapest UK dedicated server provider at the moment is PoundHost.com. Check them out and speak to sales because you can negotiate the price as well.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LeeLee Veteran

If you want the best prices in the UK you need to start picking up the phone and talking people.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I picked up that PoundHost £10 deal just for the sake of it, it's a pretty solid box me thinks, not that I'm going to use it but it's nice to have. Fits your bill, although you haven't said how much storage.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • How much space do you need?

• @quadhost said:
    How much space do you need?

Like 80gb disk.

Even a KVM would be fine if 100% CPU was OK.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited February 2016

@linuxthefish said:
    Even a KVM would be fine if 100% CPU was OK.

We can offer a custom KVM plan with dedicated cores, how much RAM did you have in mind?

Our dedicateds are not old tech (E3-1240v5) but can be configured on a budget - https://quadhost.net/dedicated-server/un-managed/.

• jhjh Member

@quadhost said:
    Our dedicateds are not old tech (E3-1240v5) but can be configured on a budget - https://quadhost.net/dedicated-server/un-managed/.

at those prices the purchase would need a low end press release

• myserverplanet had some cheap atoms.
    @msp_nick

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

@linuxthefish said:
    Hello,

I'm looking for the cheapest possible UK dedicated server with a /27 to start the next GVH.

Single disk, old CPU and 1 HDD is all that's needed thanks! 100mbit and crap network is also fine.

Will this do i have a server at Red station they are great just support takes minimum 2 hours to answer then they will be in contact with you till the issue is resolved

Edit :Network is 100Mbps Un-metered

• simonindia said: Will this do i have a server at Red station they are great just support takes minimum 2 hours to answer then they will be in contact with you till the issue is resolved

Thanks! You have to be one of the most helpful LET members, you can always solve everything!

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • Holy shit that i3 looks like a good deal

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @Nekki said:
    Holy shit that i3 looks like a good deal

It really does...

• @hostnoob said:
    It really does...

I have a degree of buyers remorse over that last Kimsufi now, but I begrudge cancelling after a month due to the setup fee.

Have to see what I can do to consolidate my server estate to get one of these in budget....

• MridulMridul Member
    edited February 2016

Startin> @linuxthefish said:

Hello,

Starting is Fine... But plz Dont End like GVH !
    My best wishes for your new venture.

• Ill do you a dual core 2ghz - 4gb of ram and 250gb drive for £17 a month if thats of any use? Its located in the UK and you will get access to our automatic provisioning system, remote reboot and KVM.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Thanks! You have to be one of the most helpful LET members, you can always solve everything!

Always and every one is great regarding the LET part.

Have a great day.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

We're pretty cheap with DDoS protection too :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Am I the only one that is thinking this is a troll thread?

Thanked by 1cassa
  • The redstation deal is pretty much the best bang for your lowend buck I've seen in the uk. They still don't do IPv6 and they block SMTP - you have to use their relay. Still tempted to get one and use a small VPS to handle smtp...

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Radi said:

Nope.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@Radi said:

Damn that went right over my head ;D

• @tehdan said:
    The redstation deal is pretty much the best bang for your lowend buck I've seen in the uk. They still don't do IPv6 and they block SMTP - you have to use their relay. Still tempted to get one and use a small VPS to handle smtp...

the SMTP part is the one giving me headache some years go but now i use Send grid so its now its an invisible thing

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@BradND thanks for mentioning and recommending!

The old units we had are out of stock, we restock them as Customers cancel. With new units I cannot offer the pricing required unfortunately :(.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Radi said:

You do know that people can make a serious request but infuse it with humour, right?

• Got the redstation one with eyes on Clouvider's stuff when it's in stock, he's a really nice guy. Sadly poundhost won't do any extra IP's with their servers.

Thread solved, big thanks to everyone who gave suggestions and ideas!