Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the Crazy Delimiter Deals? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is the Crazy Delimiter Deals?

Comments

• netomx said: The one I have

I think best to email [email protected] and try to pressure Steve into generating a product with unmetered 100Mbps and setting a price.

As things stand, its now technically feasible but there is no way to order it on Delimiter's platform.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited December 2015

@0xdragon said:
    Please, don't feed the troll. He says the same thing about everyone and is probably a spammer/scammer themselves, and has probably been kicked from other providers.

And this say the person who sold observium saas (cloudcommando) and then vanished for a few months (same time with @GoodHosting ) and then saying that it was not sustainable or what was the reason? Have you issued refunds to your clients?

Basically saying truth is a bad thing and it comes to conclusions that I'm being a troll.

Thank you so much!

• @alexvolk said:

>

You're cute :)

• @MarkTurner New billing system?

• I tried applying the $10 usd discount on the yearly $200 blades and it drop annual price to $190 o.o

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @masterqqq said:
    I tried applying the $10 usd discount on the yearly $200 blades and it drop annual price to $190 o.o

That's $15.83/mo... or you can apply the $10 discount to quarterly $60 -> $50 for $16.67/mo....

I've ordered a server and it was provisioned in 1 hour which is a pleasant surprised considering my previous server ordered from delimiter was provisioned in 4 days. Wondering if I can switch to quarterly/annual billing after server has stabilize, lol.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • MarkTurner said: It comes down to this, when a customer has a problem they jump on the forums and start screaming. The normal LET drama, Yomura acquired Delimiter, we didn't found it, it came with baggage. We cleared out the baggage very quickly and of course a few people got upset but that's the nature of an acquisition.

Past providers who I've worked for, who had similar acquisitions, had similar "issues" which were aired out on forums and similar screams of "scam". I mean when your parents discipline children, they immediately scream that their parents are horrible right?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @wwabbit said:
    I've ordered a server and it was provisioned in 1 hour which is a pleasant surprised considering my previous server ordered from delimiter was provisioned in 4 days.

If you have already been through the fraud checks and they have the stock racked it can be ready almost instantly. I originally had an L5420, then grabbed another X5150 in ATL and it was provisioned in like.. 5 mins.

Thanked by 2netomx MarkTurner
  • lazyt said: @MarkTurner New billing system?

Delimiter is transitioning to HostBill, so new orders are being funnel into it then later on they'll merge both systems.

• @MarkTurner,

No more crazy deals ?

• darknessends said: No more crazy deals ?

You want more? What sort of system?

• @MarkTurner :

32 - 64 GB memory.
    Good processor
    Bang for buck.
    Or really cheap stuff.

• Those E5420's with 16GB and 1TB disk earlier in the thread are a steal!

24GB L5630's are well priced, you and increase them to 48GB for $10/month.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • KrisKris Member
    edited December 2015

I am frankly appalled at the lack of cheap 2TB HDD offers. So very upset. /s

(please post one) Plex boxes FTW.

EDIT: Can I ship HDD's to put into an existing dedi of mine? If so, MRC? $5 USD to cover the power? One time install fee? Have another server, and got a crazy NewEgg deal

• Kris said: I am frankly appalled at the lack of cheap 2TB HDD offers. So very upset. /s

What server spec are you looking to go with that 2TB disk :)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Where did the unmetered 100Mbps offer that was on Delimiter's site yesterday go?

• hawc said: Where did the unmetered 100Mbps offer that was on Delimiter's site yesterday go?

Sold out, I expect. They were selling like hotcakes!

• MarkTurner said: What server spec are you looking to go with that 2TB disk :)

Dual E5420, $5 more a month maybe? $10 more a month for dual 2TB?

Also, let me know if a hybrid-slot hosting is available. Wondering if I could ship a drive to pop into an existing yearly rental, even if it replaces the existing.

NewEgg + 8TB Archive HDD @ $40 off... well, you know the rest.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Any plans to offer more crazy offers with unmetered 100Mbps?

• Kris said: Dual E5420, $5 more a month maybe? $10 more a month for dual 2TB?

Not going to happen that cheaply, remember Delimiter provides as-new disks, not some antiquated third/fourth hand disks.

Blades use 2.5" disks for 2TB 2.5" is almost twice the price of 3.5".

Also, let me know if a hybrid-slot hosting is available. Wondering if I could ship a drive to pop into an existing yearly rental, even if it replaces the existing.
    NewEgg + 8TB Archive HDD @ $40 off... well, you know the rest.

3.5" disks wont work in blades and those 8TB archive disks are dog slow. They work quite well in the slot hosting service. But no suitable for anything more than backup.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • hawc said: Any plans to offer more crazy offers with unmetered 100Mbps?

The only one with unmetered was the E3-1225v3, I'd check back later on, I am sure that a few orders will get rejected and those units returned to stock.

• MarkTurner said: Blades use 2.5" disks for 2TB 2.5" is almost twice the price of 3.5".

Got this on sale, new 'v2' 128M cache. Can't wait for another year until these are the norm with more cache.

I have a handful of 1TB HGST drives myself from black friday + cyber monday, things are a steal at the right time. Testing bare-metal setups myself for a different niche in NJ

• Kris said: Got this on sale

Don't try to run torrents on these, they are not made for random write loads. They are good for storing large sequential files (i.e. backups).

Thanked by 1Kris
  • Kris said: Got this on sale, new 'v2' 128M cache. Can't wait for another year until these are the norm with more cache.

If you want a cheap, good performing disk have a look at Toshiba's current 5-6TB units. These 'archive' disks are really slow as @rds100 says for random write.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • rds100 said: Don't try to run torrents on these, they are not made for random write loads. They are good for storing large sequential files (i.e. backups).

Of course. Only a place like Limestone would throw WD Green, et. al into production servers. This is for cold storage really.

• Kris said: Of course. Only a place like Limestone would throw WD Green, et. al into production servers. This is for cold storage really.

If you have bought this disk, then best way to use it is with Slot hosting http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/slothosting/

Thanked by 1Kris
  • @MarkTurner - Why don't you reply my PM lol? Is it such a ridiculous request?

• 16, 24 or 32 GB RAM (depending on final price)
    • 2x 2TB disk
    • 2x 500GB Samsung EVO or Pro
    • Gigabit with ~25 TB
    • BGP session (or just announced if that changes the price a lot)
  • classy said: Why don't you reply my PM lol? Is it such a ridiculous request?

I apologise, I missed it in the flurry of PMs that came in.

What CPU? What budget?

• ordered one :)

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • hawc said: Where did the unmetered 100Mbps offer that was on Delimiter's site yesterday go?

E3-1225v3 has some more stock available