Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid EvoBurst unless you can accept their customer service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid EvoBurst unless you can accept their customer service

harrysdtharrysdt Member
edited December 2015 in Reviews

I ordered a cheap VPS on July. I found it down today and then I login and checked the status . It said it is automatically suspended because it has very large number of SMTP connection. Basically I only use that server for forwarding email to gmail.

I then send a ticket to them and tell them what I am doing and ask them to let me fix the problem. But finally I got a message like:

Our entire lives aren't built around been on this support system supporting a product that is "Minimal" support & unmanaged service ONLY (note, if there was an option to do bold lettering there, I would have used it)

You now have a VZDump of your data available at this link: (File Size: ~1.7G)

Note, this is purely due to your impatience.

Regards,

Ryan B

EvoBurst Solutions - Australia

Yes, exactly the CS is telling you that your product is cheap so minimal support. and BOLD letter? really rude! also it says the customer is impatient. How can the CS be like this?

Now the server is permanently terminated and there's no more response from them. I still have 7 months to go for the yearly payment. They just terminate it but just don't let you fix the problem.

Here are the full version of conversations, please read them start from the bottom

18/12/2015 00:52
Harry Cheung
Client

I see the server being terminated, so what are you going to do with it?
terminating it forever?

18/12/2015 00:35
Ryan Braakhuis
Staff

Our entire lives aren't built around been on this support system supporting a product that is "Minimal" support & unmanaged service ONLY (note, if there was an option to do bold lettering there, I would have used it)

You now have a VZDump of your data available at this link: (File Size: ~1.7G)

Note, this is purely due to your impatience.

Regards,

Ryan B

18/12/2015 00:14
Harry Cheung
Client

oh my god, no people?

18/12/2015 00:05

Harry Cheung
Client

is there anyone can help me?

17/12/2015 23:44
Harry Cheung
Client

It seems that the server is off and I cannot start it now? is it the system detected very high number of connection again?

17/12/2015 23:28
Harry Cheung
Client

hello, i modified some settings

can you check with me the smtp connections right now?

is it still very high? or is there anyway that i can check it myself on the system or vps panel?

17/12/2015 22:51

Ryan Braakhuis
Staff

Timezone for the panels are set to USA (NY) Although, I am from Australia, it is currently 2:20pm

Regards,

Ryan B

17/12/2015 22:42
Harry Cheung
Client

I see the time in your timezone is 22:37
are you still here with me or I need to wait for you tomorrow if it is suspended again?

I now shut it down already , i will try to check the log for problems

17/12/2015 22:37
Harry Cheung
Client
I am still checking, please allow me some time for checking, thanks

17/12/2015 22:32
Ryan Braakhuis
Staff
SUSPENDING spamming VPS 5458 (192.161.53.81); it has 146 SMTP connections

As of just then,

Once again, unsuspended & set to shutdown.

Regards,

Ryan B

17/12/2015 21:48
Harry Cheung
Client

ok i will try to figure out what's wrong with that. Thank you very much.

17/12/2015 20:12
Ryan Braakhuis
Staff

Service has been unsuspended, our system detected 160+ active SMTP sessions, you should rate limit this.

Regards,

Ryan B

17/12/2015 13:25

Harry Cheung
Client
I am not sending spam. I just use the server to forward my email to my own email account. Can you reactivate it or what should I do?

Comments

• Client was willing to cooperate. Host should have been willing to blackhole outbound 25 to let them resolve it instead of terminating them because they were looking for help.

Also, you might want to edit out your IP address.

• You didn't even wait 9 minutes before bumping the ticket back up with a reply which wasn't really needed.

18/12/2015 00:14 Harry Cheung Client

oh my god, no people?

18/12/2015 00:05

Harry Cheung Client

is there anyone can help me?

• @Peroni I totally agree with you. Way too rushed. Even waiting a few hours between replies is fine with a busy provider. But bumping tickets after a few minutes is like expecting to get a reply within 5 minutes. For what? A product of a few dollars? Meh.

On the other side I also agree with @Ishaq. Provider could do a letter better than that I suppose.

• What service do you have with evoburst? Do you have the 3-4$ per year?

• @Hidden_Refuge

I also agree that his bumping was rushed, I didn't even see the timestamps.

But still, terminating for that reason alone is harsh and unwarranted.

• In conclusion, both are at fault:

Client for expecting high availability and quick support on a budget service.

Provider for terminating because of the client's impatience, how that is a valid reason I don't know.

If the provider is not willing to provide a prorata refund, I would suggest filing a dispute or chargeback.

Thanked by 2alaningus angrysnarl
  • I agreed that I am a bit rush. But as a customer I don't think the host is going to do it like this. Something that being a Customer Service should be avoid to say

• getting the VPS dump is not what I want.

• harrysdt said: getting the VPS dump is not what I want.

Maybe you should have thought this through about what consequences were possible from your actions. No ethical provider would terminate on first offence, although expecting too much or too quickly puts you on the bad side as well.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Even if a Host has Highly Restricted TOS on SMTP (e.g. Mail Sending using Port 25), they should listen to the customer about what he is actually doing (SPAM / any other issue) & then until an IP gets Blacklisted, he shouldn't be suspended/terminated. If his activities don't make any problem, then what's the issue causing the Host to suspend/terminate the client ??

• May I know which plan are you on?

• Ishaq said: I also agree that his bumping was rushed, I didn't even see the timestamps.

If he bought a service of 3-10$ per year, then, he cannot bump tickets like that. All of those services are running on best effort. If OP wants a solid service, he should pay more than that. @RyanB clearly says that the support is minimal. If OP wanted to check what is causing so many simultanously smtp sessions, he should block those ports immediatelly and check the logs.
    Most providers do not allow at all smtp on such a cheap service, and OP's issue is often a reason for terminating the service without refund.

• edited December 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Even if a Host has Highly Restricted TOS on SMTP (e.g. Mail Sending using Port 25), they should listen to the customer about what he is actually doing (SPAM / any other issue) & then until an IP gets Blacklisted, he shouldn't be suspended/terminated. If his activities don't make any problem, then what's the issue causing the Host to suspend/terminate the client ??

I agree. Evoburst is terrible with suspending people. That is how they make money apparantly.

They get people to sign up and then suspend them for the dumbest reasons.

They suspended my server for a 5 minute wget session.

As an example of my character, I also reinforce my own opinion by posting as @ya_. My other posts were removed and I was temporarily banned for my actions.

• @harrysdt what service you have with them ?

BugetVz

NanoVz

MegaVz

or

EvoBurst resource bundle deals

• I forget what it is, it's something like a few dollars for a year. I just use it for email forwarding, very low resource usage. Actually I don't expect they reply me quickly. I won't ask them to refund or say it as bad for not responding instantly. Just I was shocked by their comment.

I have use other similar VPS service providers and they are nice.

• He has used node watch here. The client has provided justification for the SMTP connections. Nodewatch has a white list this could have been easily solved if he was added to it

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @funyuns_are_awesome said:
    They suspended my server for a 5 minute wget session.

why can't download something for 5 minute, maybe a large file? unless it does not exceed the bandwidth limit why banned?

This host is funny

• @jvnadr said:
    Most providers do not allow at all smtp on such a cheap service, and OP's issue is often a reason for terminating the service without refund.

The provider may have whatever reason to terminate the service but not in that impolite way. Do you agree with this?

• @harrysdt said:
    The provider may have whatever reason to terminate the service but not in that impolite way. Do you agree with this?

Cheap != Polite support

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited December 2015

@masterqqq that doesn't give permission for provider to be rude with client.

Leaseweb for instance Never will do something like this even they sold/sell cheap VPS and other excellent providers.

• So, your critisism is not because they terminated/suspended your services, but because he was not very polite in his last responding to your ticket? Because, your initial text is trying to blame him for terminating your account.

Some facts from your initial post:

• Your vm was sending a lot of unknown mails.
    • They suspended you for that.
    • You asked for unsuspension to fix the problem.
    • When they unsuspended your vm, it continued to open hundereds of smtp sessions.
    • You didn't block your smtp ports, but instead of that, you asked again for time to fix the issue.
    • They suspended you again.
    • You send them a new ticket every some minutes.
    • Then, they terminated your account.
    • Then, they offered you to download the entire vz dump, aka, all of the vm to move it to another provider or unzip it locally to retreive your data and/or find why your vm was behaving that way with a ticket that the text was maybe not friendly or very proffesional in a manner of language, but definatelly not insulting.
    • Then you opened here a thread with the title "Avoid EvoBurst unless you can accept their customer service" even if their customer support (of a product that in TOS/AUP clearly says that the support is minimal due to the price of the service) responded quickly and gave you the opportunity to fix the issue.

harrysdt said: Yes, exactly the CS is telling you that your product is cheap so minimal support. and BOLD letter? really rude! also it says the customer is impatient. How can the CS be like this? Now the server is permanently terminated and there's no more response from them. I still have 7 months to go for the yearly payment. They just terminate it but just don't let you fix the problem.

Now, your thread is not accurate and this is proven by your own words. You say that they terminated your account without letting you fix the problem. But, in the tickets, you admit that they DID let you fix the problems and you admit that you "was in a bit rush".

harrysdt said: Harry Cheung Client I am still checking, please allow me some time for checking, thanks

You seem to have a lack of knowledge how to react to issues like that. But you did buy an unmanaged, with minimal support, less than 10$ a year service. And the solution, when they unsuspended you, was simple: Disabling smtp, blocking the ports and then, troubleshooting your server. You did it backwards. You did let smpt as is, even if it seemed to cause trouble to the provider.
    A server/ip range that is sending spam, can get banned from spamhaus etc. in a couple of hours. And there is a lot of effort to clean the ip. And all that for 5-10$ revenue per year?
    Don't you think that you have the fault here?

Thanked by 2Bochi PetaByet
  • @jvnadr

You are correct mostly

he never send any mails "Your vm was sending a lot of unknown mails"

OPs words quoted here "It said it is automatically suspended because it has very large number of SMTP connection. Basically I only use that server for forwarding email to gmail"

and problem with @harrysdt is he doesn't have patience and he signed up for minimal support but what he want is "Softlayer" like support for 5euro/year VPS (reply in 5 mins really)

rayn is right in this situation because BudgetVz is an minimal support service and according to his TOS abusing the CS is directs to termination so the issue from Evoburst side is OP abused the Customer Service but the solution to problem is whit listing the OP's VPS in NODEWATCH as @TinyTunnel_Tom said but if OP had some patience now the issue will solved but its now here with a thread named **"Avoid EvoBurst unless you can accept their customer service"

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    He has used node watch here. The client has provided justification for the SMTP connections. Nodewatch has a white list this could have been easily solved if he was added to it

• @jvnadr said:
    So, your critisism is not because they terminated/suspended your services, but because he was not very polite in his last responding to your ticket? Because, your initial text is trying to blame him for terminating your account.

Some facts from your initial post:

• Your vm was sending a lot of unknown mails.
    • They suspended you for that.
    • You asked for unsuspension to fix the problem.
    • When they unsuspended your vm, it continued to open hundereds of smtp sessions.
    • You didn't block your smtp ports, but instead of that, you asked again for time to fix the issue.
    • They suspended you again.
    • You send them a new ticket every some minutes.
    • Then, they terminated your account.
    • Then, they offered you to download the entire vz dump, aka, all of the vm to move it to another provider or unzip it locally to retreive your data and/or find why your vm was behaving that way with a ticket that the text was maybe not friendly or very proffesional in a manner of language, but definatelly not insulting.
    • Then you opened here a thread with the title "Avoid EvoBurst unless you can accept their customer service" even if their customer support (of a product that in TOS/AUP clearly says that the support is minimal due to the price of the service) responded quickly and gave you the opportunity to fix the issue.

Don't you think that you have the fault here?

I am not saying they never give me a chance of fixing it. It looks like that when the system is up and their system automatically suspended the server, so i am not able to do anything. I think that's not their problem but the system's auto response. However , after that when I want to tell them the case and request for a try again then they just terminate the server forever. Hope this can make you more clear about the case.

Basically I think there's nothing wrong with the host until the very last action that they did which terminate the server and being rude,

• @simonindia said:
    jvnadr

You are correct mostly

he never send any mails "Your vm was sending a lot of unknown mails"

OPs words quoted here "It said it is automatically suspended because it has very large number of SMTP connection. Basically I only use that server for forwarding email to gmail"

and problem with harrysdt is he doesn't have patience and he signed up for minimal support but what he want is "Softlayer" like support for 5euro/year VPS (reply in 5 mins really)

rayn is right in this situation because BudgetVz is an minimal support service and according to his TOS abusing the CS is directs to termination so the issue from Evoburst side is OP abused the Customer Service but the solution to problem is whit listing the OP's VPS in NODEWATCH as TinyTunnel_Tom said but if OP had some patience now the issue will solved but its now here with a thread named **"Avoid EvoBurst unless you can accept their customer service"

They may think that my request is more than they should provide, if that's true, the host can just reject my request politely. I will be happy to see that.

• harrysdtharrysdt Member
    edited December 2015

This is ridiculous.

OK assume that I am fault, impolite, impatient, or even if I have speak foul language to them. For a relation between the Customer Service and the Customer, are they being rude to be acceptable? Should we encourage the Customer Service to be being rude?

• You've wasted more money with this thread than your entire service with them was worth.

harrysdt said: OK assume that I am fault, impolite, impatient, or even if I have speak foul language to them. For a relation between the Customer Service and the Customer, are they being rude is acceptable. Should we encourage the Customer Service to be being rude?

Thanked by 2gestiondbi Ole_Juul
  • @GM2015 said:
    You've wasted more money with this thread than your entire service with them was worth.

I think so. But I just want to point out how Poor Attitude their Customer Service is. I just want to alert other people considering this hosting.

• Trust me, you're not the only one with bad experiences from EvoBurst. Their customer support is pretty incompetent from my experience sadly. That's disappointing because their services are actually okay.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

harrysdt said: I am not sending spam. I just use the server to forward my email to my own email account. Can you reactivate it or what should I do?

Wow that is a lot of connections just to forward email to another email. Dude how many chances you need to fix the problem? Sorry I seen hosts with tighter restrictions than what budgetvz is running. Personally you should only need no more than 10-25 smtp connection to FORWARD emails. I don't blame them for telling you to kick dirt!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

simonindia said: It said it is automatically suspended because it has very large number of SMTP connection

You may be correct, there are not so many information about the nature of the issue. But OP could at first download the logs to see why there were so many smtp connections opened. And, maybe Ryan's final response was not so professional, but if you deal with him, you will see that that kind of approach to his customers is mostly for good, because he tread them like people he know, and willing always to give a bit more to them that most of providers with cheap services there, not to mention services costing 4-5$ per year that normally he should not even respond to them.
    If I was him, I would terminate immediately with no refund any abnormal behavior of the vm, if it wasn't because of the node itself. Even the time to respond to a ticket and unsuspend a vm is costing more than the yearly cost of the vm itself...