Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare cpanel help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare cpanel help

I have a reseller account with cpanel/whm.
I setup my domain for cpanel and vanity nameserver
mydomain.net/cpanel
ns1.mydomain.net
ns2.mydomain.net

This worked no issue and i could add domains

I wanted to use cloudflare on the domain but the cpanel plugin was not installed, this is usually in place on others hosts ive used.

I asked the provider to install the cpanel plugin and they said it would be done over the weekend, that was a few months ago lol.

So i manually added my domain to cloudflare and updated the dns so it worked but i had to access cpanel via the ip (known issue)

few days ago i decided to remove cloudflare, deleted my domain and updated my dns back to my vanity name servers, now nothing works and i cant add domains because the nameservers wont respond?

my cpanel ip is xxx.xxx.xxx.22
but when i use intodns it shows my reverse pointer is set to xxx.xxx.xxx.50 for the domain
mx is the same.

so my question is do i need to set my nameserver ip to .50 to match my reverse pointer or the main ip .22 for the cpanel server?

At one point it worked no problem but since i removed cloudflare everything is haywire.

any insight on this would be great.
thanks

Comments

1. Do you dedicated IP? .50 could be it but you need to be careful with that cause if your provider puts in a IP address that isn't assigned to the server, you could end up having a hard time moving your domain elsewhere.
      2. .22 is optimum as your vanity ns are linked to the cpanel ns
  • carcosa said: so my question is do i need to set my nameserver ip to .50 to match my reverse pointer or the main ip .22 for the cpanel server?

Nameservers are set to the IP addresses of the DNS servers, not the main cPanel IP (although sometimes they are the same). Your provider should have provided their nameservers to you, ns1.provider.com and ns2.provider.com; ping these and set your nameservers to the IPs. Or simply ask them what IP addresses you should point your nameservers to.

• Thanks for the responses.
    The problem i have is no response from support on multiple tickets for different products, and everything was already working prior to me messing with cloudflare.

im using my own private nameservers not the providers.

Nothing is worse than getting ignored by the provider when you need support and you have customers flaming you.
    Time to switch hosts