Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    MyRSK UK services moving to a new company?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    MyRSK UK services moving to a new company?

    NekkiNekki Moderator

    Just got this in the mail:

    Hello Sandra,
    
    We would like to inform you that your UK VPS will be moved under Relyzo. Relyzo is a company brought to you by our in house tech, Mohammed Ebrahim.
    
    Good news is, there is no move, no change of IPs, and no downtime. Just a small change in management, and I will be at your disposal too.
    
    Please note, if you have any credits with us, they will be available to you at Relyzo too. Please cancel any paypal subscription with us, and recreate it when you get your invoice from Relyzo. Do not renew your service with us, you have to renew it under Relyzo.
    
    You will get your new login details for the client area, as well as SolusVM login details to manage your VPS soon.
    
    We thank you for your business. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
    
    Regards,
    R. Alkhaili

    Not clear if this refers to all UK services or just certain ones (such as my ludicrous 2GB, 250GB for $20/year plan).

    Comments

    • @Nekki said:
      Just got this in the mail:

      That is a rather strange kind of move, so he is moving his client's to one of his tech's "company's" but he will continue to be available for support.

      Just sounds like a sub brand to me (maybe legally on someone else's name, maybe outside the UK?)

    • Just flee. Company takeovers mostly end up crap for customers and employees.

      Yeah, yeah and they believe your name is Sandra.

      Nekki said: Sandra

      Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

    • I knew your name was Sandra!

      Thanked by 3rds100 netomx TheKiller

      I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

    • @GM2015 said:
      Just flee. Company takeovers mostly end up crap for customers and employees.

      Yeah, yeah and they believe your name is Sandra.

      I have the same plan @Nekki has, although 200GB space not 250, and it's not easy to just leave a plan like that in the UK behind

      Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
      Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @hostnoob said:
      I have the same plan Nekki has, although 200GB space not 250, and it's not easy to just leave a plan like that in the UK behind

      Mine may actually be 200GB too, been a while since I checked in on it.

    • Perhaps you're right, the UK is overpriced anyway. I guess until it works, you can wait.

      hostnoob said: I have the same plan @Nekki has, although 200GB space not 250, and it's not easy to just leave a plan like that in the UK behind

      Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

    • I received the email with my new account informations. Their password reset link gives a 404 and the password and username part is empty in the email. Not impressed.

      Thanked by 1shell

      OnePoundWebHosting.co.uk | UK XEN VPS from £2 | See their special offers starting from 12£/year here

    • Nekki will always ne Nekki to me... no matter what.

      Thanked by 1netomx
      • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
      • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @ehab said:
      Nekki will always ne Nekki to me... no matter what.

      You may find the coming months difficult then; for that, I apologise.

    • Thanked by 14n0nx
      • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
      • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
    • Dw all, Sandra is Nekki's last name.

      (((o(゚▽゚)o))) If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

      ヽ(`Д´)ノ Everyone should run Tor on their idle servers.

    • Sandra is a girl name?

      Oh my dear, you are really a girl...... :D

      Thanked by 2netomx TheKiller
    • MunMun Member without signature

      ;) hey babe. When are you going to be home?

      Thanked by 1netomx
    • The cake, is a lie.

      Thanked by 1Amitz
    • Same with me. Not happy with overall picture but what can we do?

    • it seems like not actually server move, it's just your billing and payments move.

      JixServer.com - Providing Low Priced VPS, Shared, Reseller & Storage Hosting

    • Sandra, that popular singer from the times i was a kid?

      -

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      I think most of you are focussing on the wrong information.

    • hostnoobhostnoob Member
      edited November 2015

      @Nekki said:
      I think most of you are focussing on the wrong information.

      Like I said above, that's an amazing plan for $20/yr in the UK. So if I start having problems (unlikely, since it'll still by run by MyRSK(?) and I never need to contact support anyway) I'll cancel but other than that I'm gonna leave it.

      Maybe @rsk can clarify everything?

      Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
      Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

    • It was a good joke anyway. Just some people always seem to take it too far.

      Nekki said: I think most of you are focussing on the wrong information.

      Do you pay the plan yearly or is the entire cost $20 a year and pay monthly?

      hostnoob said: Like I said above, that's an amazing plan for $20/yr in the UK

      Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      forumsuk said: Same with me. Not happy with overall picture but what can we do?

      It's a bit early to make that judgement, isn't it? All that appears is happening is that we're being moved to a different legal entity.

      GM2015 said: It was a good joke anyway. Just some people always seem to take it too far.

      I honestly thought it was subtle enough it'd fly under the radar.

      GM2015 said: Do you pay the plan yearly or is the entire cost $20 a year and pay monthly?

      Paid yearly.

    • rskrsk Member, Provider

      First of all, I want to say - I just want what is the best for my clients. Even if that means "demoting" my self.

      Mohamed is full of potential, there had to be some restructuring in the management, and He deserves to head it all.

      You might have not interacted with him a lot, but he is our "Aldryic". He polices our network, and has a lot of knowledge in our backend (invoices, abuse, etc.).

      Now to clear up your thoughts ...

      Nekki said: Not clear if this refers to all UK services or just certain ones (such as my ludicrous 2GB, 250GB for $20/year plan).

      All MyRSK's UK services are going under Relyzo. We have honored our 1 year contract on those plans, whether they are continued or not I can't say exactly - but if you have been with us for that long, I am sure we can work it out :-)

      AshleyUk said: That is a rather strange kind of move, so he is moving his client's to one of his tech's "company's" but he will continue to be available for support.

      Just sounds like a sub brand to me (maybe legally on someone else's name, maybe outside the UK?)

      Correct. I will be available for support and billing. It is not a sub brand of MyRSK. Relyzo is a separate entity. MyRSK and Relyzo are both outside the UK.

      GM2015 said: Just flee. Company takeovers mostly end up crap for customers and employees.

      I agree, but this is not how you think it is. Same staff, just different roles. Nothing else is changed.

      trexos said: I received the email with my new account informations. Their password reset link gives a 404 and the password and username part is empty in the email. Not impressed.

      You could have received an email by mistake when things are not yet propagated/ready. All the work on this was done manually, and human error could occur.

      forumsuk said: Same with me. Not happy with overall picture but what can we do?

      I hope that picture gets clearer as time passes by, you are in safe hands.

      JUNAID said: it seems like not actually server move, it's just your billing and payments move.

      That is correct.

      hostnoob said: Like I said above, that's an amazing plan for $20/yr in the UK. So if I start having problems (unlikely, since it'll still by run by MyRSK(?) and I never need to contact support anyway) I'll cancel but other than that I'm gonna leave it.

      Unfortunately, the UK services will be run by Relyzo, not MyRSK. However, I will be available as well. The whole purpose is not to give clients any problems with this, and we are always eager to help.

      Thanked by 1mpkossen
    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      rsk said: All MyRSK's UK services are going under Relyzo. We have honored our 1 year contract on those plans, whether they are continued or not I can't say exactly - but if you have been with us for that long, I am sure we can work it out :-)

      So long as the any price rise is communicated in good time to allow clients to move if needed, it's understandable that such low-priced offers would incur a price-rise.

    • @rsk is it possible to move my plan from the UK to another location and stay with rsk? I don't want to lose my 20$ plan :D

      OnePoundWebHosting.co.uk | UK XEN VPS from £2 | See their special offers starting from 12£/year here

    • rskrsk Member, Provider
      edited November 2015

      Nekki said: So long as the any price rise is communicated in good time to allow clients to move if needed, it's understandable that such low-priced offers would incur a price-rise.

      trexos said: @rsk is it possible to move my plan from the UK to another location and stay with rsk? I don't want to lose my 20$ plan :D

      Mohamed's words: "It won't incur a price-rise for sure. Even if I'm losing, those clients paid for the service and they will get it with the same quality."

      He will explain further in the welcome email you will receive from Relyzo.

      @trexos You do not need to worry about anything :)

      Thanked by 1mpkossen
    • tenperatenpera Member
      edited November 2015

      edit

    • I'd just like to say I genuinely appreciate the way this is handled. There's enough communication and e-mails are sent out to clients. Kudos!

      Thanked by 1netomx

      I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

    • I just love myrsk. Let's hope the new management can continue delivering great services. Uptime of my vps is 305 days. Not bad for a LEB :)

      Thanked by 1mpkossen
    Sign In or Register to comment.