Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for teamspeak host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for teamspeak host

Hi!

I recently used waveride.at for my teamspeak bot.

I use sinusbot and host a teamspeak server for most of the time not more then 10 active slots.

It seems I use too much cpu load for waveride, (over 20) and they disabled my server.

Now I am looking for a VPS provider that is offering dedicated cpu.

I dont need much ram, I think 1gb should be enough, but I need to be owner of my vcore without shared ressources.

Since there are so many offers, I was hoping that someone can guide me to the best deal.

thanks

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Hey there!

We offer KVM VPS hosting services. I would be glad to get you setup on a 1GB RAM VPS with 2vCores and 500GB Bandwidth for just $6.4/month.

We can get a teamspeak server installed on it very easily and get you setup. Let me know if you are interested!

• your servers look great, but I dont need fancy stuff like ssd, so I am more looking for the superlow budget are, since I do not use it for business related stuff its not important that it is the best of the best.

1core, 512 or 1024 ram, at least 10 ideally 50gb space, 15-40$/year should be perfect for me, I think there are offers out there, arent there?

• So far I found ethernetservers, arubacloud & letbox which are offering lowbudget deals.

Does anybody have experiences with them. I am interested if the cpu is dedicated, or if there is a problem if I have 24/7 load on cpu...

• Ovh ssd?

• you probably want to have a look at what is causing a load of 20 with your setup.
    afaik neither ts nor sinusbot should do this.

+1 for Ovh ssd

• FuslFusl Member
    edited October 2015

loggableim said: Now I am looking for a VPS provider

So, instead of fixing the problem (which TS3 didn't cause, but one of your other applications on your server did) you now switch to another provider and... get suspended once again for causing performance issues on their hardware nodes?

• aldothetrollaldothetroll Member
    edited October 2015

Why the fuck is your TS3 server using that much CPU with only 10 clients or am I missing some info about what else is running on your server?

• FuslFusl Member
    edited October 2015

aldothetroll said: or am I missing some info about what else is running on your server?

You do, since their teamspeak server is not causing this issues but the other applications are which they don't mention in here.

• Teamspeak usually uses not to much resources. There must be a issue.
    You should search for a dedicated core VPS.

• It must be sinusbot. It's a musicbot that streams music. I've seen my musicbot fk up and for some reason shoot up in load. Restarting the bot usually fixes the problem. I had 370 users on one teamspeak server and it only showed 30-35% usage of E5 core. 10 slot ts server should mean near idle load avarages.

• sir you can go for RamNode 15$/yr 128 MB RAM - 64 MB vswap and 80 GB ssd-cached and 500 GB bandwidth

• AbusiveCores @drServer

Thanked by 1drserver
  • OVH, Hetzner, online.net/scaleway

• @loggableim said:
    Hi!

I recently used waveride.at for my teamspeak bot.

I use sinusbot and host a teamspeak server for most of the time not more then 10 active slots.
    I dont need much ram, I think 1gb should be enough, but I need to be owner of my vcore without shared ressources.

thanks

I don't recall Sinusbot being very intensive except after prolonged use of a couple weeks.

Are you running anything else? Scaleway would be a good option for you.

Either a Scaleway or an OVH-SSD KVM would be good options. Yes they're a bit pricer than a typical LET VPS but honestly you'll get your moneys worth from them.

You could even look into the Dedibox SC Gen2 http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-scg2

Honestly, regardless of the option you choose please make sure it's with a reliable provider or else you'll be in the same boat you are now.

An idea of a preferred location might help. Storage needs also would make picking easier.

• IThinkUFailed said: Are you running anything else? Scaleway would be a good option for you.

I do not think that TeamSpeak supports ARM, tried it before and it did not go well.

As far as I understand, due to TeamSpeak being proprietary, there will be no ARM support at the moment.

• Just to add that if you need 1gb of ram for a 10 slot ts3 server, then something is wrong. It shouldn't be using more than 128mb at the absolute maximum.

• Something is definitively wrong, I run a teamspeak server with Sinusbot and 32 slot teamspeak server with the server being used we use around 8 to 10 slots not counting some outside scripts polling the server via the query port and I never see any kind of load that high.

I rarely see the cpu usage go above 3%, also looking at the CPU history since February I never see the average usage go above 2% with the load average at 0.06

Sinusbot runs in another container on the proxmox server and it still only shows near idle load, 215mb ram usage with average 3% cpu usage.

TheOnlyDK said: It shouldn't be using more than 128mb at the absolute maximum.

Second that, I have my teamspeak in a 512mb container on my proxmox server and it only uses around 92 to 100mb.

• wych said: DediCore

should you not have provider status? and make it clear you OWN this.

• just in case anyone was interested in my pick. I went for arubacloud and I am really happy with them. Server is lagging almost never, and I get a great vps for the price of a cheeseburger :D