Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KMS-Hosting.com - Linux VPS (Germany, DDoS-Protected) - starting from 2€ / month | Prepaid
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KMS-Hosting.com - Linux VPS (Germany, DDoS-Protected) - starting from 2€ / month | Prepaid

jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
edited July 2015 in Offers

KMS-Hosting provides reliable VPS solutions in it's own colocation suites in Frankfurt (Germany) since 2012. We're running our own multihomed network and enterprise HP Servers.

All our Linux VPS include ddos mitigation for attacks up to 60Gbit/s. Currently, we have around 3.000 clients - join them and get satisfied :) - Our offers are prepaid based, so you can stop paying at any time.

Just have a look on our vps packages:

Up to 4 Cores / 8GB Ram / 500GB Raid10 Storage / 2TB Traffic

If you have further questions, you can reach us by Skype (kms.support) or eMail ([email protected]), we're happy to answer your questions ;)

Comments

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Allthough this is not the worst provider I have encountered, it seems like OP can't read rules.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Kabeldamagement said: Up to 4 Cores / 8GB Ram / 500GB Raid10 Storage / 2TB Traffic - starting from only 2,00€ / month

When will providers realize that people hate providers who advertise like that?

Thanked by 3TarZZ92 rm_ BensDaMan
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@tr1cky said:
    Allthough this is not the worst provider I have encountered, it seems like OP can't read rules.

I`m sorry, didnt read it - now it's too late :/

• gonggogonggo Member

You should also mention that this offer is only available to a few countries

Thanked by 1rm_
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2015

Kabeldamagement said: I`m sorry, didnt read it - now it's too late :/

it says a lot about your company though.. how you advertise not good.

perhaps you should edit the post and correct it.

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic

@gonggo said:
    You should also mention that this offer is only available to a few countries

Just contact us and tell me in which country do you life, we will add it directly :)

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

IS VAT automatically removed for US customers?

@tr1cky said:
    IS VAT automatically removed for US customers?

Due to German tax law, we have to include 19% vat in each price, unfortunately also for US customers.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

Kabeldamagement said: Due to German tax law, we have to include 19% vat in each price, unfortunately also for US customers.

That's actually against the law.

@tr1cky said:
    That's actually against the law.

As said by our tax consultant, we have to include vat also for us customers.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

The tax consultants at hetzner must be crazy then.

edited July 2015

@tr1cky said:
    The tax consultants at hetzner must be crazy then.

Hetzner? We have nothing to do with them.

To clarify the "tax misunderstanding": If you are private customer from the US, 19% vat is included - if you are a company in the US, vat isn't included by German law ;)

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Kabeldamagement said: Hetzner? We have nothing to do with them.

Hetzner is a german company doing similar business and hetzner doesn't charge VAT for any US customer, whether they're an individual or a business.

Thanked by 1BensDaMan
  • deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

Good luck KMS! I recommend them - excellent L3/L4 DDoS protection.
    However for thread, please be aware of the format next time.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Which type of VZ? Nothing about..

@fitvpn said:
    Which type of VZ? Nothing about..

If you mean the type of virtualization, we use OpenVZ for our Linux VPS ;)

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Why do you peer with Private ASN and don't remove them from the AS Path at your border?

http://bgp.he.net/AS202010#_peers6

And you should add correct ROAs

http://bgp.he.net/AS202010#_prefixes

@patrick7 said:
    Why do you peer with Private ASN and don't remove them from the AS Path at your border?

http://bgp.he.net/AS202010#_peers6

And you should add correct ROAs

http://bgp.he.net/AS202010#_prefixes

Its our current network setup because we're migrating to AS60461 from AS202010. Because we're running a few Core and Access Routers with Layer1/2 Interconnections in different datacenters, it's not that easy to migrate the whole infrastructure in two days :)

ROAs are currently not used by Upstreams for prefix filter verification, so we dont need them. Verification in the RIPE Region is done by route objects ;)

edited July 2015

it's not that easy to migrate the whole infrastructure in two days :)

Then use the "remove-private-as" feature of your router.

ROAs are currently not used by Upstreams for prefix filter verification, so we dont need them. Verification in the RIPE Region is done by route objects ;)

That's totally wrong. Every ISP could filter because of wrong ROAs, not only your upstream. Don't wonder if your routes are filtered somewhere in the world.
    Example: AS8283:

• RPKI INVALID prefixes are dropped
    edited July 2015

Could filter, but "nobody" really does it :)

So, for which prefixes do you see invalid roa records?

Then use the "remove-private-as" feature of your router.

Thats currently not possible, because we're running some workarounds to migrate our infrastructure without any interruptions.

edited July 2015

Could filter, but "nobody" really does it :)

That's wrong too, I gave you an example.

So, for which prefixes do you see invalid roa records?

At the moment it looks good, looks like you changed that since last HE update.

Another thing, can you explain me the reason for using /64 route objects?

route6: 2a00:f826:3:1::/64

descr: CONTENTWAYS IP-ROUTING

origin: AS202010

mnt-by: CONTENTWAYS

created: 2014-06-17T05:46:13Z

last-modified: 2014-06-17T05:46:13Z

source: RIPE # Filtered

edited July 2015

That's wrong too, I gave you an example.

Thats the reason why nobody was quoted, think about it ;)

@patrick7 said:
    At the moment it looks good, looks like you changed that since last HE update.

We changed nothing in the last 7 days, as I know HE updates everyday. So you're stalking our ASN everyday and worry about things, you dont have to worry about? Weird :-)

Our network runs very well, nobody complains about it's reachability or it's uptime.

It's just off-topic, but everybody can see, that we're doing our job successfully: http://smokeping.ffm2.as202010.net/?target=World.Carrier

Another thing, can you explain me the reason for using /64 route objects?

Only some tests with RADB and prefix-filters in the past. As you can see we announce no /64 Prefix - they're getting filtered at our core routers and are only used internally (iBGP).

edited July 2015

That's my common check when I evaluate ISPs.

Some days ago, you announced a lot of /64s.

https://stat.ripe.net/widget/announced-prefixes#w.resource=AS202010

Prefix First Seen Last Seen

2a00:f826:4:3c::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:4:3b::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:4:3a::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:4:3::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:3:d1f2::/64 2015-06-22 08:00:00 UTC 2015-06-24 08:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:3:d1f1::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:3:c1f1::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:3:7597::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:3:2::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

2a00:f826:3:1::/64 2015-06-26 16:00:00 UTC 2015-06-28 00:00:00 UTC

How do you ping SwissIX IPs as they are not announced?

@patrick7 said:
    That's my common check if I evaluate ISPs.

Some days ago, you announced a lot of /64s.

https://stat.ripe.net/widget/announced-prefixes#w.resource=AS202010

Only a v6 prefix filter, which was inactive for a few hours on our newly installed Brocade Core Router at iNTERWERK / FFM1 :)

FYI: Due to some uplink upgrades (4x 10Gbit totally) in the last 2 weeks, we installed another Core Router and anti-ddos equipment.

and are only used internally (iBGP).

For that, it's usual to use OSPF, as it's an IGP. iBGP can be used for that but the reason for it's existing is to redistribute routes learned by EBGP to other routers in the same ASN.

Anyway, I'm now out of this thread.

@patrick7 said:
    Anyway, I'm now out of this thread.

It saves us much more time to use BGP because we dont have to maintain to seperate "infrastructures". Things are getting bigger, things are getting more complex - nothing new ;)

I know OSPF looks complex when just looking at it. But if it's configured it saves a lot of time (as an example for distributing loopback IPs, then you can always peer with the loopback ID, more redundancy and more easy). Also, if adding new router interfaces, just put them passive in OSPF and your whole backbone knows where to find this network :-)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

Kabeldamagement said: Could filter, but "nobody" really does it :)

Yes, all large Tier1s and larger TIer2s verify ROA - NOT setting it WILL cause route movement silently on some of them (but it will work). Setting ROA MASSIVELY improved my routing inside Europe.

Kabeldamagement said: As said by our tax consultant, we have to include vat also for us customers.

Not true - Charging non-EU foreigners VAT is ILLEGAL unless you are Kleinstunternehmer (which does not charge VAT at all) - Your tax consultant sucks.

You should also NOT charge everyone 19% VAT but use MOSS and charge according to the customers country.

@William said:

Already corrected it above ;)

@William said:
    Yes, all large Tier1s and larger TIer2s verify ROA - NOT setting it WILL cause route movement silently on some of them (but it will work). Setting ROA MASSIVELY improved my routing inside Europe.

I know some large Tier2, also Tier2 we where customers in the past, none of them did ROA verification.

As you can see, we have valid ROA on subnets where ROA has been signed on.

You should also NOT charge everyone 19% VAT but use MOSS and charge according to the customers country.

We already do this for EU customers.