looking for leb - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

looking for leb

2

Comments

  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

    @ajones

    Where to start, where to start. Let's start with something light. Why would you need an unmetered VPS for development stuff? Even with a production site that is reasonably well-known it's hard to exceed a few hundred gigs of traffic per month. If you go with a reputable provider, do not abuse their service, and at some point run out of traffic, you can probably easily buy extra traffic anyway. Long story short; you do not need an unmetered VPS for the claimed purpose.

    Okay, second point. Your reputation. You have brought this entirely on yourself. You were the one that made the choice to advertise certain services as "DoS/DDoS allowed", it wasn't Ecatel who told you to do that. It doesn't matter what it's called, "reselling Ecatel" or otherwise - you are entirely responsible for that offer. Don't like it? Think before you do shit.

    Third. If you do not want to get DDoSed everywhere you go, then maybe you should stop running with people that have as sole intention to attack, defraud or otherwise harm others for personal profit and enjoyment. Of course, everyone can get DDoS, sometimes for something stupid like confronting someone with an uncomfortable truth (and I wouldn't ever blame someone for that), but if you run with the HackForums crowd, you can pretty much expect this to be a regular occurrence. I suggest you re-evaluate your affiliations and activities on the internet before you start blaming others for judging you.

    If I were you, I'd cut ties with all the people associated with HackForums except for maybe your best friends, and tell them that you are no longer involved in that stuff, and do not want them to involve you. If you cannot do that, that is probably an indication that you are still actively involved in those things yourself, and the DDoS is going to be a problem no matter what - as a result, providers will probably not want to touch you.

    Fourth, the combination of all of the above. With such a reputation, and an entirely illogical request for an 'unmetered VPS', what do you think people will think of that?

  • @liamwithers said: @CVPS_Chris LMFAO, love your avatar :').

    I meant to ask you @CVPS_Chris if you're a Charlie Sheen fan? :-)

  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Provider

    @marcm

    Sure am

    ColoCrossing.com - Premier Datacenter and Cloud Solutions for Business

  • jarjar Provider

    No one was a Charlie Sheen fan before the ABC interview. Career gold mine.

  • @joepie91 said: Where to start, where to start. Let's start with something light. Why would you need an unmetered VPS for development stuff? Even with a production site that is reasonably well-known it's hard to exceed a few hundred gigs of traffic per month. If you go with a reputable provider, do not abuse their service, and at some point run out of traffic, you can probably easily buy extra traffic anyway. Long story short; you do not need an unmetered VPS for the claimed purpose.

    Okay, second point. Your reputation. You have brought this entirely on yourself. You were the one that made the choice to advertise certain services as "DoS/DDoS allowed", it wasn't Ecatel who told you to do that. It doesn't matter what it's called, "reselling Ecatel" or otherwise - you are entirely responsible for that offer. Don't like it? Think before you do shit.

    Third. If you do not want to get DDoSed everywhere you go, then maybe you should stop running with people that have as sole intention to attack, defraud or otherwise harm others for personal profit and enjoyment. Of course, everyone can get DDoS, sometimes for something stupid like confronting someone with an uncomfortable truth (and I wouldn't ever blame someone for that), but if you run with the HackForums crowd, you can pretty much expect this to be a regular occurrence. I suggest you re-evaluate your affiliations and activities on the internet before you start blaming others for judging you.

    If I were you, I'd cut ties with all the people associated with HackForums except for maybe your best friends, and tell them that you are no longer involved in that stuff, and do not want them to involve you. If you cannot do that, that is probably an indication that you are still actively involved in those things yourself, and the DDoS is going to be a problem no matter what - as a result, providers will probably not want to touch you.

    Fourth, the combination of all of the above. With such a reputation, and an entirely illogical request for an 'unmetered VPS', what do you think people will think of that?

    I haven't even been on hf or near it in a while, too many idiots there. I've really haven't been on many sites but to post programming services.

  • jarjar Provider
    edited November 2012

    @ajones said: I haven't even been on hf or near it in a while, too many idiots there. I've really haven't been on many sites but to post programming services.

    By no means are you unable to redeem yourself, but you're on a forum full of providers that know that you find DOS attacks to be morally acceptable, a forum full of providers who know first hand the financial hardships associated with being on the receiving end of it. People like you couldn't care less if there's food on my table tonight.

  • ElliotJElliotJ Administrator

    @ajones said: I haven't even been on hf or near it in a while, too many idiots there. I've really haven't been on many sites but to post programming services.

    ORLY?

    Need to reach me quickly? Ping me on Discord

  • ElliotJ, clearly you don't understand what I say. Could you please for the love of god just fucking stop being a fag, leave.

  • jarjar Provider

    @ajones said: ElliotJ, clearly you don't understand what I say. Could you please for the love of god just fucking stop being a fag, leave.

    Exhibit B of your moral compass.

  • ElliotJElliotJ Administrator

    @ajones said: ElliotJ, clearly you don't understand what I say. Could you please for the love of god just fucking stop being a fag, leave.

    I agree, I don't understand what you say. Your concept of time, at the very least, is flawed.

    Unfortunately, I'm staying.

    Need to reach me quickly? Ping me on Discord

  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider
    edited November 2012

    @ajones said: I haven't even been on hf or near it in a while, too many idiots there. I've really haven't been on many sites but to post programming services.

    Do you think I spent time writing multiple paragraphs just to bash you? The point of my post was to give you an idea of what to do to solve the issues you're experiencing. By disregarding everything that was said, and only responding with a denial to something without addressing the real issues, you are not showing that you are willing to try and solve the problem.

    EDIT: And responding to other people in this discussion in such a way is probably not a good way to show good faith either.

  • Okay, well just close this.

    Had enough of LET idiots.

    Going to WHT now, at least they are not complete idiots.

  • @joepie91 said: Do you think I spent time writing multiple paragraphs just to bash you? The point of my post was to give you an idea of what to do to solve the issues you're experiencing. By disregarding everything that was said, and only responding with a denial to something without addressing the real issues, you are not showing that you are willing to try and solve the problem.

    I am, I have solved the problem, I've got away from HF, yet these people can't comprehend it.

  • jarjar Provider

    @ajones said: Going to WHT now, at least they are not complete idiots.

    Heh, looks like we just launched an indirect attack on WHT.

  • @ajones said: Going to WHT now, at least they are not complete idiots.

    Good luck :) You'll need even more than what you have on LET :)

    http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

  • @zhuanyi said: Good luck :) You'll need even more than what you have on LET :)

    Just can't believe how many people can't read.

  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

    @ajones said: I am, I have solved the problem, I've got away from HF, yet these people can't comprehend it.

    No, you have not solved the problem. And if you do not understand why, yet continue to insult and condescend others, I doubt you ever will.

  • nunimnunim Member
    edited November 2012

    SonicBoxes.com - VPS Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
    6UA.net Various tools, screenshots, password gen, looking glass, etc..

  • ElliotJElliotJ Administrator

    @ajones said: Going to WHT now, at least they are not complete idiots.

    Need to reach me quickly? Ping me on Discord

  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited November 2012

    @jarland said: Heh, looks like we just launched an indirect attack on WHT.

    And this is why we need the thanks button.

    @ajones said: Just can't believe how many people can't read.

    I agree with you here. Why can't you read?

    Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • Can this honestly be closed now?
    Stupid LQ idiotic faggot trolls.

  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2012

    @ajones said: Just can't believe how many people can't read.

    One thing you may not like to hear is it takes a long time for people to forget the bad thing someone did...one obvious example is criminal records, if you ever have one, at least half of the job in the world would close their doors to you, no matter how much remorse you show.

    Just saying...

    http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

  • jarjar Provider

    To top it off, he's homophobic.

  • jarjar Provider

    no matter how much remorse you show.

    If he'd show an ounce of it he might get somewhere.

  • @zhuanyi said: One thing you may not like to hear is it takes a long time for people to forget the bad thing someone did...one obvious example is criminal records, if you ever have one, at least half of the job in the world would close their doors to you, no matter how much remorse you show.

    Just saying...

    I don't have a record, everything I have is perfectly legal.

  • @jarland said: If he'd show an ounce of it he might get somewhere.

    I have no remorse for idiots.

  • @ajones said: I don't have a record, everything I have is perfectly legal.

    Nope, you do not have a legal criminal record (and I never tried to imply you do, I said "if" you do), but you have a moral one.

    http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

  • jarjar Provider

    I have no remorse for idiots.

    Or people who lose money because you provided a service to DOS attack. You think their targets were all rich? Do you care if I eat tonight? No you don't.

  • @jarland said: Do you care if I eat tonight?

    You wanna come over and grill some burgers?

    Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • jarjar Provider

    @HalfEatenPie Heck yes.

    I have no sympathy for people like this guy. He'd be perfectly fine with selling a gun to a criminal while telling them "This works great on people" because hey...he didn't pull the trigger. DDOS costs people money, and not just people with hefty bank accounts.

  • @jarland said: To top it off, he's homophobic.

    When the youngins learn that other f-word, they can't help themselves but use it frequently...

  • @CVPS_Chris said: Sure am

    Cool, sounds like a winner.

  • @ajones said: Stupid LQ idiotic faggot trolls.

    I think this should be the new header/slogan of LET!

  • What is LQ, low quaility?

  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2012

    @twain said: What is LQ, low quaility?

    LET Quotient? :)

    http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

  • SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member, Provider

    @joepie91 Thanked by (1): SimpleNode.

    SimpleNode | VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX | PayPal and Bitcoin accepted

  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Provider
    edited November 2012

    @CVPS_Chris said: Id be happy to help him out

    Just had this email from ChicagoVPS :P

    [Email from ChicagoVPS said]: [CRITICAL UPDATE]

    >

    re: Chicago VPS11, Chicago VPS12, Chicago VPS14, Chicago VPS16, Chicago VPS17, Chicago VPS26, Chicago VPS28, Chicago VPS29, Chicago VPS30, Chicago VPS31

    >

    ChicagoVPS experienced a brute force on the SolusVM API for the administrative section. This caused the above affected nodes to become compromised before we were able to stop the attack.

    Sorry, what?

    VPN.sh - Secure and Affordable VPN services - £9.99/year, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20+ Countries - Order Link

  • RandyRandy Disabled

    O_O

  • @liamwithers woah woah woah, I hope you're kidding. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, lucky I'm on VPS8 but wow that explains why SolusVM is down:/

  • @liamwithers

    Just got that email as well. Our DNS node with them is gone.

    VPS Node Box - DNS

  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Provider
    edited November 2012

    @ajones WHY YOU DO THIS!?"?

    @CVPS_Chris WHY YOU NO LISTEN TO OUR ADVICE?!?!?3!?

    D: And the world wasn't supposed to end for another 6 or 7 weeks :(

    VPN.sh - Secure and Affordable VPN services - £9.99/year, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20+ Countries - Order Link

  • @liamwithers said: Just had this email from ChicagoVPS

    Oh dear.

    "We are in a prison drama. This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
  • concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2012

    @liamwithers - we got the ChicagoVPS email as well. Checking out what's happening now.

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • TazTaz Disabled

    Any clients data in question? Node compromised?

    Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

  • JackJack Member, Provider

    I guess Chris's e-penis may decrease now...

  • jarjar Provider
    edited November 2012

    Solusvm brute force protection doesn't cover API? I'm not going to pull a WHT and say "lol you're bad at security" ...that could've been any of us if that's true. Pretty sure LFD isn't going to catch that. Disconnecting API now until I hear more about this, like why its accepting API from a non-specified IP. And I'm just assuming that's the API key we're talking about.

  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Provider

    @Jack said: I guess Chris's e-penis may decrease now...

    But you cannot decrease something which is infinite. Just sayin'

    VPN.sh - Secure and Affordable VPN services - £9.99/year, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20+ Countries - Order Link

  • @liamwithers said: But you cannot decrease something which is infinite. Just sayin'

    You also cannot increase something that's infinite. Just saying.

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • @jarland Our SolusVM installation works only over our internal network.

  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

    @ajones you can check the q3 poll winners for good hosts.

Sign In or Register to comment.