GridVirt VPS (KVM) Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

GridVirt VPS (KVM) Review

2»

Comments

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Member
    edited June 2012

@GridVirt said: I've only answered questions and replied to comments left by others in this community. This is an open forum/community after all, correct?

Its open alright! Welcome aboard! Hope to see some amazing products out of you.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Provider

@jack I'll let one of the other moderators or Chief drop in, I can't really copy and paste properly on this phone.

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

@GridVirt did you own madlark.com before? if yes, what happened there? why not just continue that name?

• ElliotJElliotJ Administrator

@Infinity said: However, in my personal opinion that does not prove anything, anyone can easily obtain a residential IP address and make a new email.

It's just a matter of asking a friend to post a fake review, not difficult at all.

Need to reach me quickly? Ping me on Discord

• JackJack Member, Provider
  • @jcaleb said: did you own madlark.com before? if yes, what happened there? why not just continue that name?

That question was answered in my first post. Please check #3 in the list.

@Jack said: I like your site , It looks really nice!

Thank you very much! I put it together back in April to get us started. It uses WHMCS, some custom/some bought code/addons, and my own graphics.

I'm currently developing a completely custom site of our own which will include our own in house coded/developed blog, forums, client management/administration, and even our own control panel.

@Infinity said: However, in my personal opinion that does not prove anything, anyone can easily obtain a residential IP address and make a new email.

I agree, but I hope that it at least clears things up as much as it can. I don't know what else I can do on my end to prove the legitimacy of the review. I hope that everyone will take my word for it that it came from a customer and not from someone of any other affiliation with our company.

Seann

• TazTaz Disabled

@Seann, just a question It is uncommon ( really) that a user sign's up for the sole purpose of making a review with out some sort of benefit. And while we are here, how come the Op never replied back?

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• @NinjaHawk Not at all, I have seen it many times from other hosts. Though there was no incentive here. I will admit that we do offer a higher affiliate commission to our 3rd party reviewers/benchmarkers (though only one has actually used the affiliate links) but that is not the case here this is a client and we do not reward our clients for posting reviews.

I can't answer for the OP. Last I knew they were having issues with the email verification and contacted an admin/mod to get it taken care of. I don't know if that is stopping them from replying or not I will inquire about this.

• TazTaz Disabled

@GridVirt and most of those are (90%) fake/affiliated.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• @NinjaHawk That is true and that is why we only invite and allow the ones that are well known in the hosting community as legitimate. We give them 1 Node and check in every week for up to 2 weeks until they have completed their review. We will re-invite them every 2-3 months to update their review as well. Yes it is a bit more involved but a valid and legitimate review from a respected reviewer is worth 10 times the reputation of any so called "top site" review. Even if that top site sits high in the search rankings, we refuse to go near them.

Back on topic >>

I received a response from Valerie. She gave me permission to use her name now. She has been sitting in the IRC waiting for an admin/mod. She said she has tried but can't post any replies here. I know how IRC can get. Please don't harass her. Let her get in contact with a mod and get her account here taken care of. She is doing this as a favor to us and we really appreciate it.

Seann

• okay, it is now the trend here to throw knives from all sides to welcome a new provider. I do agree that such investigations!! has brought some shady providers in the past, and have also resulted with DDOS and such threats.
    In this case, he is not a low end provider, and at these prices i am sure 99.9% of the LET users aren't tempted. So lets ignore this review and wait for any low-end-offers he is willing to make.

PS : It is not uncommon for anyone to utilize free advertisement. Whoever Fate is, the fact is that, this review is on the front page of Google for the company keyword. And naturally the owners of the company want to jump in.

So welcome aboard @GridVirt, We welcome strangers with daggers and arrows. Reg your web design and pricing, i get reminded of mediatemple, however you are even expensive than that. I am sure you must have a compelling reason why anyone want to try a new company, which sets a very steep price to start. Anyway, now that you have got everyone's attention, impress us with your low end offers. Good luck!!!

Thanked by 1GridVirt
  • @peppr

Thank you for the kind reply. They seem to be quite rare here. We are working on a LEB offering for this community and should have something solid to offer within a week.

Our pricing is a bit steeper than any budget host but is on par and cheaper in a lot of cases than most premium SSD VPS providers. We are not and do not plan to be a budget provider. Though we will provide a LEB config, the price will be on par with the resources provided.

Thanks again,

Seann

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • upfreakupfreak Member
    edited June 2012

@GridVirt Thanks for the comments. LET is a friendly bunch of people, once you jump into the ship. Although this is a open forum, it is quite a task to get accepted as a provider. Uptime, Support and cool benchmarks will make you a icon ;) Add a impossible discount coupon to the mix and you will be a hero.

Recap
    Icons : BuyVM, Hostigation etc.,
    Heros : ChicagoVPS, IperWeb etc.,

Now choose your destination : red pill / blue pill ;)

Thanked by 1GridVirt