Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Provider with Geolocated IPs ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Provider with Geolocated IPs ?

Hi,

OVH allow Geolocated IPs to be added to their cloud VPS

Do you know of any other VPS/Dedi that provide the same in EU or EastUS ?

Thanks

Comments

• wychwych Member

Why not just buy a VPS and gre tunnel if the latency is not an issue - may be easier.

Taking a hiatus.

• @mokafu said:

There is literally 0 point in having a Geolocated IP. It's all a marketing shill and you are a successful victim.

Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
    GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• mokafumokafu Member
    edited June 2014

@wych said:
    Why not just buy a VPS and gre tunnel if the latency is not an issue - may be easier.

I did it for one location, it's working fine, however there's few downside :

1. A VPS is more expensive than an additionnal IP

2. Buying a VPS in another location most of the time means looking for a new provider

• wychwych Member

@mokafu said:

Search for providers with cheap IP's.

Taking a hiatus.

• mokafumokafu Member
    edited June 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    There is literally 0 point in having a Geolocated IP. It's all a marketing shill and you are a successful victim.

This is not used for SEO, but to monitor websites/streams which are geo restricted.

• VPNVPN Member

@GoodHosting said:

Actually having a variety of different geo located IPs can be beneficial to say a shared hosting provider. If the server is EU based then you can provide IPs localised to your customers. It will always look better if a UK company site resolves to a nice UK IP or some restaurant chain in Italy having their site resolve to an Italian IP.

Hi :>

• @VPN said:
    Actually having a variety of different geo located IPs can be beneficial to say a shared hosting provider. If the server is EU based then you can provide IPs localised to your customers. It will always look better if a UK company site resolves to a nice UK IP or some restaurant chain in Italy having their site resolve to an Italian IP.

Yes, but again; it's just a facade. It doesn't matter where the IP "resolves to" if the server is still in the US and the ping is still >300+ms .

Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
    GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• rds100rds100 Member

Yes, because the majority of customers know what geo location is and will check it. And those who know, don't know how to do a traceroute and spot a fake geolocation. Not.

-

• VPNVPN Member

Well obviously only a retard would geolocate a German IP on a Las Vegas server. I clearly used the EU example as you can easily get between 20 and 40ms to an OVH Strasbourg server from most places in Europe that they offer geoIP addresses for.

@rds100 surely you can't be that naive that you genuinely believe that the average internet user knows what a geoIP is and secondly how to resolve it to it's true location?

Hi :>

• It seems the IP's from HostUS are somewhat set to geolocate. I was checking my IP's to see if they weren't blacklisted (they were not), but I did notice on the map that it would trace near my location.

HostUS doesn't have servers in the EU though, so not an option for you at the moment.

Is inflation really at 0.5%? What a conundrum...

eddynetweb.net | DigitalOcean referral.

• rds100rds100 Member

@VPN i mean that the majority of the users of a website don't know or care where the server is located or geolocated.

-