Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider with Geolocated IPs ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider with Geolocated IPs ?

Hi,

OVH allow Geolocated IPs to be added to their cloud VPS

Do you know of any other VPS/Dedi that provide the same in EU or EastUS ?

Thanks

Comments

• wychwych Member

Why not just buy a VPS and gre tunnel if the latency is not an issue - may be easier.

• @mokafu said:

There is literally 0 point in having a Geolocated IP. It's all a marketing shill and you are a successful victim.

• mokafumokafu Member
    edited June 2014

@wych said:
    Why not just buy a VPS and gre tunnel if the latency is not an issue - may be easier.

I did it for one location, it's working fine, however there's few downside :

1. A VPS is more expensive than an additionnal IP

2. Buying a VPS in another location most of the time means looking for a new provider

• wychwych Member

@mokafu said:

Search for providers with cheap IP's.

• mokafumokafu Member
    edited June 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    There is literally 0 point in having a Geolocated IP. It's all a marketing shill and you are a successful victim.

This is not used for SEO, but to monitor websites/streams which are geo restricted.

• VPNVPN Member

@GoodHosting said:

Actually having a variety of different geo located IPs can be beneficial to say a shared hosting provider. If the server is EU based then you can provide IPs localised to your customers. It will always look better if a UK company site resolves to a nice UK IP or some restaurant chain in Italy having their site resolve to an Italian IP.

• @VPN said:
    Actually having a variety of different geo located IPs can be beneficial to say a shared hosting provider. If the server is EU based then you can provide IPs localised to your customers. It will always look better if a UK company site resolves to a nice UK IP or some restaurant chain in Italy having their site resolve to an Italian IP.

Yes, but again; it's just a facade. It doesn't matter where the IP "resolves to" if the server is still in the US and the ping is still >300+ms .

• rds100rds100 Member

Yes, because the majority of customers know what geo location is and will check it. And those who know, don't know how to do a traceroute and spot a fake geolocation. Not.

• VPNVPN Member

Well obviously only a retard would geolocate a German IP on a Las Vegas server. I clearly used the EU example as you can easily get between 20 and 40ms to an OVH Strasbourg server from most places in Europe that they offer geoIP addresses for.

@rds100 surely you can't be that naive that you genuinely believe that the average internet user knows what a geoIP is and secondly how to resolve it to it's true location?

• It seems the IP's from HostUS are somewhat set to geolocate. I was checking my IP's to see if they weren't blacklisted (they were not), but I did notice on the map that it would trace near my location.

HostUS doesn't have servers in the EU though, so not an option for you at the moment.

• rds100rds100 Member

@VPN i mean that the majority of the users of a website don't know or care where the server is located or geolocated.