Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS provider in Iran or North Korea.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS provider in Iran or North Korea.

BoxodeBoxode Member
edited May 2014 in General

Looking for provider based in Iran or North Korea. Paypal or BTC as payment.

OpenVZ is fine. Solid history of at least 3+ years as a provider. Network must be good, no packet dropping, no overselling.

Hardware: 512MB ram | 1 CPU core | 200GB BW

Budge: $10.00 - $18.00/m

Cheers.

Comments

• nunimnunim Member
    edited May 2014

You're not going to find a VPS provider in North Korea...

I'd say it's possible to find an IR VPS but it's going to be a lot more than you'll want to pay for any substantial bandwidth. Not to mention that if you're from the US, most business with Iran is prohibited.

If you want to host Warez, spread it out over several cheap servers so when you get terminated at one it's not a big hit.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

http://www.pndc.ir

Quite expensive though. $30/m + $20 setup fee. $25 or so for 100GB of bandwidth purchased in blocks.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Well if this site's exchange rate is to be believed:

http://www.farsinet.com/toman/exchange.html

Then at 32000 tomans to the dollar, they're a LEB provider :-)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

nunim said: You're not going to find a VPS provider in North Korea...

ez http://lowendbox.com/blog/nukevps-₩7-32mb-virtuzzo-vps-in-pyongyang-north-korea-for-now/

red star os ftw

• RalliasRallias Member

Just remember, you are a citizen of your country. You must follow that country's embargos and laws.

• i heard GVH was moving there, but thats just what i heard on irc

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Your expectations are unrealistic. Iran is possible except maybe monthly transfer, NK not going to happen.

• Their SSL is broken but if you really want it. https://www.r0ute.com/plans.php?p=ir-kvm

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

said: North Korea.

Rumours saying there is only 1 single PC that is connected to the Internet there (I don't believe it personally) so unless you can convince Mr. Kim to rent his PC to you as a VPS...I don't see any other options.

And if you want to host an anti-US/anti-Western forum/blog there, I don't think you'll have any luck, as much as they don't like the western/US, the last thing they want is to let a foreigner to start a verbal spat from their country because the foreigner could easily turn the cannon around.

World of politics is not all black and white.

• lelewkulelewku Member

North Korea, why dont just host in Russia or China, they are identical to North Korea and they are brothers.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

lelewku said: North Korea, why dont just host in Russia or China, they are identical to North Korea and they are brothers.

That's not correct, just stupid misinformation.

• RalliasRallias Member

Nyr said: That's not correct, just stupid misinformation.

It's not completely stupid. The crap you can get away with in North Korea you can often get away with in China and Russia. Granted, in North Korea, you can get away with vulgarity, and Iran you probably can get away with terroristic doctrine, but that's about the only difference.

Other middle-east locations have about the same amount of freedom in terms of what you can get away with as per anti-5-eyes crap.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited May 2014

@Rallias, Russia are actually quite nice with the USA companies and stuff, so if US companies files DMCA takedown, the Russian provider would actually have to comply.

China on the other hand, its complicated.

• lelewkulelewku Member

• @lelewku said:

HUH ????
    what did i just watch

Thanked by 2gestiondbi perennate
  • Interesting fact about North Korea

North Korean law dictates a “three generations of punishment” policy: If you commit a crime, your children and grandchildren will carry the stains of your sin and be punished accordingly. That means that if your grandfather committed a crime, you get to bear the full brunt of his punishment. As mentioned above, this usually leads to entire lives spent inside prison camps.

Thanked by 2Pwner Mark_R
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited May 2014

www.exoticvps.com They have almost complete list of Iran based providers. Just wonder whats politics does..blame starts..Probably another yet political forum here..

• MuZoMuZo Member

raindog308 said: Well if this site's exchange rate is to be believed:

http://www.farsinet.com/toman/exchange.html

Then at 32000 tomans to the dollar, they're a LEB provider :-)

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_rial

Although the "toman" is no longer an official unit of Iranian currency, Iranians commonly express amounts of money and prices of goods in "tomans." For this purpose, one "toman" equals 10 rials.

Business Plan which is 133000 Tomas / month --> 1330000 IRR --> 52$

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • MrXMrX Member

said: Network must be good

You are going to need a very generous definition of good bandwidth here.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Didn't got Iran iPads ? so why is it still vorbidden?

• @Rallias said:
    Granted, in North Korea, you can get away with vulgarity, and Iran you probably can get away with terroristic doctrine, but that's about the only difference.

What rubbish. Iran is against terrorism, and is the victim of USA/UK/Israel terrorism. Read about how some of their people have been blown up with car bombs planted by USA/UK/Israel just becuase they teach physics at university. USA also supports terrorist groups such as Jundullah, MEK and others which frequently carry out terrorist attacks in Iran. USA/UK supplied chemical weapons to Iraq to use against Iran.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Hahaha, North Korea with PayPal or Bitcoin as the only acceptable payment methods, this thread takes the cake for 'most ridiculous hosting requirement of 2014'.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited May 2014

IP pricing is pricey in DPRK. The countries entire range is:

175.45.176.0 – 175.45.179.255

Even large institutions have a single IP address. If DPRK were responsible for the global allocation of IP addresses we'd probably still have enough IPv4 to last us until the end of time.

Thanked by 3mpkossen Pwner hostnoob
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

This is not a political thread, stay on topic. I've already found a DC in Iran that accepts Paypal & BTC but bandwidth is at $20/100GB on a shared 100Mbit connection.

I'm not even sure whether its legal to purchase from Iran right now.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@viCommunications said:
    I'm not even sure whether its legal to purchase from Iran right now.

That would depend on where you're based, but from what I know it's possible if express permission is obtained from the appropriate regulatory body.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited May 2014

@viCommunications - Only words Iran and North Korea provocate US folks to conflicts,so its political entry on demand.

• You won't be able to pay with PayPal in Iran forever. PayPal is a US company, they can't do business in Iran. If (when) they find out about the account (theirs) they will freeze it.

North Korea has a few thousand computers connected to the internet, I believe one or two of their sites may even be hosted inside N Korea. You'll never affordably host there though.

Iran is do-able through Bitcoin. The Iranians won't tolerate all your bullshit anymore though.

It's hard to make real suggestions though when you don't say what it's for.

• Nekki said: That would depend on where you're based, but from what I know it's possible if express permission is obtained from the appropriate regulatory body.

It is possible to do business with Iran, many British/French companies work with Iranian companies. The only sectors 'frozen'/sanctioned are the nuclear areas and Iranian companies that support that area. Other things can be freely traded with Iran. What has a VPS server in Iran go anything to do with nuclear technology (which they have the legal right to have anyway).

This discussion has been closed.