Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SeFlow.net - SSD Cloud from 0.0015/h (1.08€/month). Charge 5€ and get 10€!!! (New Prices!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SeFlow.net - SSD Cloud from 0.0015/h (1.08€/month). Charge 5€ and get 10€!!! (New Prices!)

Buy your first 5€ CloudFlow credit and you will get 10€ credit!! with coupon code: lowendtalk-double

DomFlow, brand of SeFlow reputable dedicated italian provider, founded in 2004, is happy to announce new SSD true cloud deals

Based on onAPP we developed a real full Cloud virtual datacenter with data copy in 2 DC. CloudFlow Hybrid Cloud is a HA IaaS platform that allow you to create, destroy, manage one server or entire datacenter. Based on SSD disks and virtual storage technology, your data will be written in 4 different hypervisor between two datacenter. You will also able to hot migrate your data from VM to Smart Server and vice-versa.

Some Features:

• high availability on two italian datacenter (located in Milan)
  • Full SSD storage (based on Samsung PRO disks)
  • Free 1Gbps DDoS Protection
  • Different pricing based on VM state (powered on, powered off pay only HDD)
  • Free Incoming Bandwidth, Outbound 1Gbps bandwith at only 0.001 (first TB FREE)
  • Load Balancing
  • Autoscaling
  • FREE whitelabeled DNS Anycast
  • FREE CloudAPPs Install you application with one click - FREE APPS for your iPhone and Android
  • FULL API or WHMCS Reseller module avaiables
  • BIG Discounts for your Domains Registration

and much more. FULL Features here

Buy your first 5€ CloudFlow credit and you will get 10€ credit!! with coupon code: lowendtalk-double

Check our Videotour and see how is simple use our CloudFlow platform http://www.domflow.it/videotour.php

Have you suggestion or want see our roadmap? http://www.domflow.it/index.php?m=devtracker

Full Price list https://www.domflow.it/cloudprezzi.php

Question? Doubt? Do you want talk with our Head Cloud Manager? Contact Form

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

said: Do you want talk with our Head Cloud Manager?

Possibly the worst job title ever.

• Is not the title that do the professionist... ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

matteob said: Is not the title that do the professionist... ;)

Sorry, not getting that.

• This looks interesting, but one unrelated question. Why is your company called SeFlow? I always thought it was Swedish based until I saw this thread

• SeFlow was born on 2004 as encrypted and security service. Name is acronym of Security Flow words. Then we started selling IP services, DDoS protection, IP transit and dedicated server using same brand. For Cloud and domains registration we launched another brand some month ago called domflow

• @Nekki said:

I think he means the title doesn't affect how good someone does their job.

This company has some pretty good dedicated server prices

• locations?

• at the moment only Milan Italy because every cloud had reundancy in two DC, so any location need to be x2 compared to competitors

• 1 euro a month is tempting.

• yes, we use OnAPP for build our Cloud, is costly but want be aggressive in the market to grow fast and built true clouds platform in lot locations. Please consider that 1€ is only for powered on VM. If you power off you pay only space, and if you destroy it you will not be billed.

• They are a pretty good company, i first signed up when they had the deposit 5 get 15 more promotion, there templates are a bit weird i must admit - they use alot of ram even when i use the mininstall.sh script, debian was using over 100 mb ram on fresh install/reinstall and when i used mininstall it was still in the 40-60mb ram usage realm.

I did ask if they fixed the openssl heartbleed bug, they said i only had to do a "apt-get upgrade" but sadly it was still the bad version when i did the "openssl version".

But those are not major problems, they dont advertise "debian minimal template" although i do wish they would add it.

All in all i do like them.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2014

Heh.. order show 1 EUR per month, but calculate 3 EUR per month? 3 calculate 9.. Test IP?

• @fitvpn

Select debian as the os template then dont touch the processor tab (it should say 0 since if its your first cloud server your not charged for the first cpu) then put whatever ram and space (the less it is the less you gotta pay)

I built the 1.08 euro cloud server not too long ago there - so it should work unless you have a running cloud server there? if you do you have to pay for a cpu process.

• @Stevie said:

Thank you, we're continous patching all template with bug, for ssl bug we not patched all but will finish soon. We're launching recipes feature that permit customer to launch a command in all selected vm. For example, if you had 10 centos vm and you want to upgrade it, you can create recipe that include all commands, then assign to all centos vm. System will upgrade o.s. for you.

• Test IP please?

• @matteob

That sounds awesome!
    Any chance for debian minimal iso? i think its under 80 mb (the iso file) and uses about 8 mb ram and less then 150 mb space - i would REALLY love that template if you could add it.

• Thanks. Sounds like something Prometeus related.. did you resell or use same DC?

• debian minimal

+1

Stevie said: I built the 1.08 euro cloud server not too long ago there

@stevie, that ain't possible, even matteob confirmed that the sample configuration (384M/5GB) on http://www.domflow.it/cloudprezzi.php doesn't cost 1.08 but ~ 1.44 eur + 22% vat , and that advertised price of 1.08 is because of a "rounding bug" in their website javascript.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2014

marrco said: doesn't cost 1.08 but ~ 1.44 eur + 22% vat , and that advertised price of 1.08 is because of a "rounding bug" in their website javascript.

Ha, indeed.

VM Powered ON

1 MB RAM € 0.0000039 /Hour
    1 GB SSD HDD € 0.0001 /Hour

€ 0.0000039 * 384 MB * 24 hours * 31 days = 1.1142144 EUR

€ 0.0001 * 5 GB * 24 hours * 31 days = 0.372 EUR

total = 1.4862144 EUR, not 1.08

@matteob last time you tried to sell powered-off VMs here, this time it looked like everything is for real, but no, you still continue with your shady practices? Do you think this forum community are idiots who can't count, and you can simply over-charge by 1.5x without anyone noticing?

• ne1 knows how to test this?

• high availability on two italian datacenter (located in Milan)

and this

Based on SSD disks and virtual storage technology,
    your data will be written in 4 different hypervisor
    between two datacenter

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited April 2014

i run a quick test. Debian template (wheezy, 32 bit) is quite old, with lots of crap and the vbaloon driver.

This the basic data for my 384/5gb test vps:

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2099.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 374 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 13 min,
    I/O speed - DD test : 286 MB/s

root@testserver:~/ioping-0.8# ioping .
    4.0 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=1 time=545 us
    [....]
    ^C
    --- . (ext3 /dev/vda1) ioping statistics ---

44 requests completed in 44.0 s, 661 iops, 2.6 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 511 us / 1.5 ms / 3.4 ms / 871 us

root@testserver:~/ioping-0.8# ioping -R /dev/vda1
    --- /dev/vda1 (device 5.0 GiB) ioping statistics ---
    6.5 k requests completed in 3.0 s, 2.2 k iops, 8.8 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 212 us / 445 us / 5.0 ms / 227 us

root@testserver:~/ioping-0.8# ioping -RL /dev/vda1
    --- /dev/vda1 (device 5.0 GiB) ioping statistics ---
    3.4 k requests completed in 3.0 s, 1.2 k iops, 293.1 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 619 us / 852 us / 6.3 ms / 316 us

@fitvpn definitely not the same that Prometeus. They are in the same town, and maybe in the same campus, but on very different networks.

I run a test downloading a file from a dedicated i have with OVH in France.

This is the result from SeFlow with 1Giga port:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    11 1000M 11 111M 0 0 3745k 0 0:04:33 0:00:30 0:04:03 3766k^C

and here what i get from a Prometeus VPS with a 100Mb port:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    9 1000M 9 92.2M 0 0 10.9M 0 0:01:31 0:00:08 0:01:23 11.1M^C

so SeFlow 'gigabit port' from OVH -> 3745k
    while Prometeus '100Mb port' from OVH -> 10.9M

now i'd like to test if my data is really "written in 4 different hypervisor between two datacenter" . I'm still not 100% confident that what is written in this offer is really what we get.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2014

@rm_ said:

ehy, please stop flame every our thread without testing our service. Marrco used a template that had minimum required ram higher than other. Every template have minimum required ram and this is why with some of that you cannot build a vm with 1.08 price. As Stevie confirmed you can downgrade resource later, but i not suggest it for performance.

Debian template is 7.0.1 version, is not so old, just install it and run
    apt-get clean all
    apt-get update -y
    apt-get upgrade -y

and you will get latest version. EVERY time a o.s. is installed on a vm, on EVERY provder should be upgraded at first because nobody can guarantee a daily images on +100 library.

edited April 2014

matteob said: Every template have minimum required ram and this is why with some of that you cannot build a vm with 1.08 price.

This has nothing to do with templates. This is what your website shows:

But when I calculate all the numbers manually (see my previous post), this amount of resources costs EUR 1.486/mo, not 1.08/mo. Please point out an error in my calculation if there's any. But so far you didn't, you just ignored that part of the post completely. And don't tell me as you said to @marrco that such a "minor" part of your offer, as a +38% price difference, is caused by "a rounding error in javascript".

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2014

this javascript is only an example with round for 3 decimals. CloudFlow was born for medium/big size enviroment so the 4th decimal is irrilevant on calculating the cost. When a customer submit the product all prices are calculated with 7 decimals for maximum precision. Prices are clean and public, i think that everyone are skilled to do resource hourly price x24 x30. Javascript is only a guided example and did a great job for the customer target we had and want. That javascript should be used to had an idea on price of ALL vm customer want create with us. For a simple one basic vm, customer not need it.

The post is clear, i write: you can build vm starting from 1.08€/monthly... now question is: is that possible?

reply: YES.

Now, is clear that you not like our company, when you see our posts, just go head :-)

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited April 2014

matteob said: Marrco used a template that had minimum required ram higher than other. Every template have minimum required ram and this is why with some of that you cannot build a vm with 1.08 price. As Stevie confirmed you can downgrade resource later, but i not suggest it for performance.

Hi Matteo, maybe you didn't get the point, even if i explained it to you yesterday, in Italian. Issue is not template minum requirements (btw, for wheezy 32bit on your site it's suggested 128MB), end it's not even about how much RAM you suggest for better performance(*). Maybe you are too new here, but one of the most famous and successful discussion here was, quite a few years ago, one about running a few websites on a 64MB VPS. And LEA even offered a great script to help configure a server with a few Wordpress sites (including mysql daemon) on such a Low End Box.
    So here on LEB and LET you can (still) find a few seasoned system administrators that don't need your suggestions. And considering a Debian 32bit template heavy on ram makes me doubt your knowledge.

What disappointed me, and maybe others here are the not so honest prices. And as rm_ pointed out, this is not the first time your advertising is a little bit shady.
    The page you link in this post (https://www.domflow.it/cloudprezzi.php) still gives as an example a vps with 384MB/5GB for 1.08. And the real price for such config 30% higher.

Maybe you can ask someone experienced with js to help fix your buggy price calculator.

I don't even comment that you consider Debian 7.01 'not so old'. Latest is 7.05 released Apr. 26 2014. With very important security updates. Some providers spend their time updating their templates, other don't. I just reported from my early test that you don't.

that said, can you please comment on your poor network performance and please tell how to test:

high availability on two italian datacenter (located in Milan)

and

Based on SSD disks and virtual storage technology, your data will be written in 4 different hypervisor between two datacenter

(*) can you please explain if and how much the baloon driver interferes with unused ram that could be allocated for caching?

edited April 2014

matteob said: thats javascript is only an example with round for 3 decimals. CloudFlow was born for medium/big size enviroment

You wrote "1.08€/month" in this thread's title, and that number is a major part of your advertisement on this forum. Some users above said they are tempted to try your service precisely because of the 1 EUR/month price.

Makkesk8 said: 1 euro a month is tempting.

But in reality it turns out this price is unattainable with the specified resources and is just a "javascript" error. The actual price is almost 40% higher. Do you still not see anything wrong with this?

Thanked by 1fitvpn
  • @rm_ said:

wait wait wait. YOU CAN CREATE 1.08€ PRICE VM! The point is that a customer enter in this discussion and said "is not possible", another said: "yes is possible and i had it". You just ignored second one to start a flame.

I'm sorry but i accept suggestion only from customer that tried the service because you're talking without know anything aboud cloudflow.

edited April 2014

matteob said: YOU CAN CREATE 1.08€ PRICE VM

But will it have 384MB of RAM and 5GB SSD, as the calculator placed in the most visible spot on your website promises?

matteob said: you're talking without know anything aboud cloudflow

I almost signed up yesterday, but held off, and glad that I did, since today we discover the numbers your own website shows "do not add up". Take that as a suggestion to fix your website so it does not promise what the customer can't actually get.

• @Stevie said:

Sorrt Stevie a lost your post yesterday. If you need a particular debian version just install standard naked template, optimize with your needs thank create one incremental backup. When ready press on "Convert to template" and you will had private template that can be used to create new vm. Backup and vm can be canceled without deleting new created template.

Regards