Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Vultr Credits for College Students
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Vultr Credits for College Students

DaveADaveA Member
edited April 2014 in Offers

Vultr is crediting $5 to any student that signs up with a .edu email from an accredited US University.

This is a limited time offer so spread the word and start deploying for free! No coupon code necessary, verified .edu email addresses from accredited universities will automatically receive credit. http://goo.gl/y1Os5W

Comments

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

us only...

• tommytommy Member

Oh sh*** us only.

*I'm not student :)

• DaveADaveA Member

Yes US only for now, when we finish our deployments around the globe we may offer similar promos elsewhere.

• iSkyiSky Member

@DaveA is the japan BW still 100GB ? :(

• DaveADaveA Member

@isky - 100GB on the 768Mb plan, yes. We will increase our plans bandwidth allotment when transit pricing allows us to do so.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @DaveA said:
    Vultr is crediting $5 to any student that signs up with a .edu email from an accredited US University.

This is a limited time offer so spread the word and start deploying for free! No coupon code necessary, verified .edu email addresses from accredited universities will automatically receive credit. http://goo.gl/y1Os5W

If student get the $5 free credit, does he still qualify for "double of your first payment" promotion?

• DaveADaveA Member

@smile93 - yes

• Are members able to switch emails after signing up? It would suck if students lost access to the account after graduating from the University.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DaveADaveA Member

@silvenga - If you mean sign up with an .edu address now and then change your email down the road, yes that is ok.

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • i'm student but i haven't email .edu :p

• Well only us does suck:(

• RaptaRapta Member

How about allowing those with .ac.uk?

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • PwnerPwner Member

Do you guys accept CSUN? (California State University Northridge)

• Do Jedi Padawan qualify for this offer?

• @Rapta said:
    @taronyu said:

.edu is recognized as a a education range because only accredited Universities (give >= bachelors degrees) may get one. For example, ac.uk does not provide those restrictions. This reduces the amount of "fraud" and guarantees that the user is a student in higher education.

• DrehminiDrehmini Member
    edited April 2014

Silvenga said: accredited Universities (give >= bachelors degrees)

This isn't true. For example : SWVCC is a Community College that does not give 4 year degrees yet they have an EDU tld. The same can be said for Coastal Carolina Community College

EDIT: To clarify, any higher education institution can get accredited and an EDU tld, in the US, as long as they meet the requirements of the US Dept. of Education and EDUCause.

• @DaveA said:
    when we finish our deployments around the globe we may offer similar promos elsewhere.

Awesome. Cant wait!

• said: .edu email from an accredited US University.

What qualifies as an accredited US University? Got a list or something?

• rds100 said: What qualifies as an accredited US University? Got a list or something?

Here's the list from the US Dept. of Education : http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Drehmini said: This isn't true. For example : SWVCC is a Community College that does not give 4 year degrees yet they have an EDU tld. The same can be said for Coastal Carolina Community College

And there are foreign .edu domains of old times of the internet also - Most very old EU universities have one (but most don't use it)

• udkudk Member

If I already have an account and change my email to .edu will I get $5?

• emreemre Member, LIR

I signed up with my edu email address but no credits.

Do I have to add some $5 to get $5 credit?

• @Drehmini said:
    EDIT: To clarify, any higher education institution can get accredited and an EDU tld, in the US, as long as they meet the requirements of the US Dept. of Education and EDUCause.

Good point, you're correct.

William said: And there are foreign .edu domains of old times of the internet also - Most very old EU universities have one (but most don't use it)

I understand that a couple of old community colleges were grandfathered in that were not accredited - makes sense. Oracle has the domain oracle.edu.

• Moved to Offers section.

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • Not even Canada.......
    However, even UToronto is not using .edu. We use ***@{(blank),mail,alumi,utsc,utstat....}.utoronto.ca . Examine by .edu is accurate, but in no way smart...

• @udk said:
    If I already have an account and change my email to .edu will I get $5?

@DaveA - I am wondering this also. I already have an account, but didn't use my .edu email. Am I able to capitalize on this offer or only new members?

• DaveADaveA Member

@kinsei - You can create a new account and receive the Student credit assuming your university qualifies.

• @DaveA said:
    kinsei - You can create a new account and receive the Student credit assuming your university qualifies.

I used my community colleges .edu and its been about a day and I have not received any credit. What is up here?

• @pcfreak30 said:
    I used my community colleges .edu and its been about a day and I have not received any credit. What is up here?

Have you opened a ticket with them? It's probably the best way they will look into it...