Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avengers linux distros
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Avengers linux distros

I was just re-reading the poll 'bout linux distros we use, in which debian kicked ass as with everything. So I was trying to think of main linux distros as avengers members.

For me, debian is hulk, ubuntu is Stark, and freeBSD is Thor

Comments

• Gentoo is Hulk. FreeBSD is Captain America. Arch is Thor. Slackware is HawkEye.

Thanked by 1gattytto
  • Widow is Black Windows?

I'm here to collect your heart

• Lol. That poll is getting alot more attention than I thought it would.

jimpop: nuclear accidents DO happen
    jimpop: don't let them bring your website down

• FreeBSD is not a Linux distro.

Thanked by 1gattytto
    Fast Affordable Professional Virtual Private Servers
    No situation is too much of a handful for us. Let us give you a helping hand with this: FAPVPS Special Offers
  • Then change the title to *nix distros.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited March 2014

So you're telling me CentOS will not be in Avengers? No problem, he has place in Justice League.

• NekkiNekki Member

@GaNi said:
    So you're telling me CentOS will not be in Avengers? No problem, he has place in Justice League.

CentOS is Rocket Racoon, so will be in Guardians of the Galaxy. Fuck DC movies.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

DC sucks! Make Mine Marvel! But I digress...

I agree that Thor would be *BSD - probably FreeBSD.

Maybe Nick Fury would be OpenBSD.

Iron Man would be Gentoo or Tony would have written his own kernel and OS from the ground up. Or perhaps considering that Oracle bought product placement in the IM movies (hell, Larry Ellison appeared in one) - maybe OEL.

Captain America - seems like Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS.

Hawkeye...Slackware I guess.

Hulk...MS-DOS. But Bruce Banner would be perhaps Debian.

Ubuntu...how about Vision. You know, one of the Avengers from the comics that the movie idiots ignored...

I don't know what distro Black Widow would use...and I don't care. Never liked her in comics. She can have Windows 8.

Thanked by 1gattytto

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

• @raindog308 said:
    Captain America - seems like Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS.

haha thanks for this one

• Gee, I thought there is a new distro backtrack style :P

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.