Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avengers linux distros
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avengers linux distros

I was just re-reading the poll 'bout linux distros we use, in which debian kicked ass as with everything. So I was trying to think of main linux distros as avengers members.

For me, debian is hulk, ubuntu is Stark, and freeBSD is Thor

Comments

• Gentoo is Hulk. FreeBSD is Captain America. Arch is Thor. Slackware is HawkEye.

Thanked by 1gattytto
  • Widow is Black Windows?

• Lol. That poll is getting alot more attention than I thought it would.

• FreeBSD is not a Linux distro.

Thanked by 1gattytto
  • Then change the title to *nix distros.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited March 2014

So you're telling me CentOS will not be in Avengers? No problem, he has place in Justice League.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GaNi said:
    So you're telling me CentOS will not be in Avengers? No problem, he has place in Justice League.

CentOS is Rocket Racoon, so will be in Guardians of the Galaxy. Fuck DC movies.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

DC sucks! Make Mine Marvel! But I digress...

I agree that Thor would be *BSD - probably FreeBSD.

Maybe Nick Fury would be OpenBSD.

Iron Man would be Gentoo or Tony would have written his own kernel and OS from the ground up. Or perhaps considering that Oracle bought product placement in the IM movies (hell, Larry Ellison appeared in one) - maybe OEL.

Captain America - seems like Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS.

Hawkeye...Slackware I guess.

Hulk...MS-DOS. But Bruce Banner would be perhaps Debian.

Ubuntu...how about Vision. You know, one of the Avengers from the comics that the movie idiots ignored...

I don't know what distro Black Widow would use...and I don't care. Never liked her in comics. She can have Windows 8.

Thanked by 1gattytto
  • @raindog308 said:
    Captain America - seems like Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS.

haha thanks for this one

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Gee, I thought there is a new distro backtrack style :P