Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

NAS causing home broadband router to disconnect
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NAS causing home broadband router to disconnect

zhuanyizhuanyi Member

I was helping a friend setting up a small DLink Sharecentre NAS (http://www.dlink.com/ca/en/home-solutions/share/network-attached-storage/dns-320l-sharecenter-2-bay-cloud-storage-enclosure) on her home network. The NAS is connected directly to her home broadband modem (which is a SagemCom 2864 modem) via a Ethernet cable.

However the issue is whenever she tried to copy files from her windows laptop (which is connected to the router via Wireless internet functionality on the modem) using the built-in network drive in Windows and for some reason both her Internet and LAN connection would be cut off half way through and will only come back after she reboot her laptop, modem and the NAS box.

Originally I was thinking it was just a bad NAS however is there any chance this could be due to the rate limiting? If so is there any settings I can tweak on the modem to avoid this? The NAS is already placed on DMZ and port forwarding is also enabled.

Comments