Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEWARE of widevps.com scammer host.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BEWARE of widevps.com scammer host.

I ordered a vps 7 months ago, they had a cheap $7 windows vps, i bought it then added $10 balance- after a day the vps was not set up, and i contacted them that when will it be set up. They said that i was on a back order. so 10 minutes later i reply i want a refund then. 2 minutes later they send me my vps details. I told them i dont want it - i just want a refund. and after 5 tickets and 20 replies and 4 months go by without a response - last month they ask for my paypal address to send the refund - and now they still have not sent a penny - i posted something like this on webhostingtalk - but those hosts are just as bad - they are trying to "defend there fellow host" but widevps.com is a scam because they are banned on webhostingtalk and look at scammer reports:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?searchid=50037413

Just beware of them and avoid them - they have support staff and they respond within 24 hours or so - but once you want a refund they close your tickets and you wont get a reply.

The november response i think was from a support staff who didnt know what he was doing. since widevps does not refund or provide the right service.

Comments

• Let me guess, you ordered a VPS on a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday?
    And did they say that they offer instant setup for new servers? (can't find that on their pages) and they only offer a 24 hour refund policy, so you did ask for a refund before 24 hours after ordering the server?

If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase because our types of services you have only 24 hours to request an fully refund for the cost of your order.

• myhken,
    Let me guess, your another "host protecting host".
    I ordered on a weekday, on november 28 they asked for my paypal email (4 months after) - and i still have not gotten a refund.
    And i even added a LINK which you can see 10+ threads where widevps is the scammer.

Not all customers are kids - im 25 years old, and i been with 10+ vps hosts - widevps is the worst - there is no excuse for not giving a refund and still wiating 7 damn months - i sent 5 tickets and 20 replies as i stated.

My guess is instead of reading my post - you jump and auto protect the host (widevps) - so.... if your think they are worth protecting go order a few vps from there.

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited January 2014

@Stevie said:
    Let me guess, your another "host protecting host".
    My guess is instead of reading my post - you jump and auto protect the host (widevps) - so....

No, I'm not a host. Just a normal customer. I have never used/tested widevps.com, never heard about them before today, but I have seen lots of threads like yours, and I'm thinking the same every time. You don't bother to read any information on their pages before ordering (then you had seen that they do not offer instant setup).
    Not reading their TOS when you click that you have (as you must before any ordering can be done)

I ordered on a weekday

Strange, on this post, I believe is yours (exactly the same issue with almost the same dates) you say that you ordered on 2. June 2013, thats a Sunday on my calender. So expecting a server to be deployd on a Sunday, for then asking a refund a day later, is strange if you have used hosting for a while.

Not all customers are kids - im 25 years old, and i been with 10+ vps hosts
    I ordered on a weekday, on november 28 they asked for my paypal email

Then why lie here? You did not order on a weekday, you are using different dates here and at the WHT (Nov 28 here and Nov 30 on WHT), you have not read their TOS or any other info on their pages before ordering.

Thanked by 1petris
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So you did not get it provisioned within 24 hours and asked for a refund, you made yourself sound a little impatient but fair is fair they cant have a 24 hour refund policy and count it from the time of order it has to be from the point of provisioning and you asked in plenty of good time.

So yes you should get a refund imo.

Hosts protect hosts all the time just like potential customers protect potential customers nothing wrong with that, hosts generally jump to the defence of other hosts when clients are simply being bloody minded and have unfair expectations, in this case based on your side of the story you are entitled to a refund no question.

• @Stevie I been with them 7 month ago and it take them 24 hour after payment to setup the server. While I was with them I find out they only have one person (owner) running the company..

Note: send them support ticket after you make payment so they can setup the server

• @myhken
    Fair Enough - yea i did top of my head about the dates info - the webhostingtalk thread has the info and screenshots.
    I did not mean to make it as a "lie" my mistake - i just did not put the correct dates.
    You are right i did not read the TOS - but i did request a refund before the 24 hours.
    But it has been 7 months and they only responded on november - do you think thats fair? in the screen shot on WHT they said they will refund me - but have not till this date.
    Also im sorry i did get a bit hostile with you, im sorry for that - You did not scam me, they did so i am sorry.

@AnthonySmith
    Yes i know and i understand that, when i "madly review a host" I get hot headed and post stuff i dont really mean - a defect of mine.
    Thanks for your reply on my topic - I do apologizes for my remark as you are a webhost. My statement is a bit like "Cyber based racism" in a way so i am sorry for that.

@casper253
    I know a few customers was ok with them - but they did offer a refund which they never did - you can see from screen shot on webhostingtalk.

• @Stevie said:
    but i did request a refund before the 24 hours. But it has been 7 months and they only responded on november - do you think thats fair?

No, if you ask for a refund after less then 24 hours. But on your thread at WHT I get the understanding of that you asked for a refund, then they deploy the server, and you used it for 15 days, before the new invoice charged you with $7 more. (for the next period).
    What happen from day 1 to day 15? Did you still ask for a refund, not using your new server? Or was you happy with the new server, and did not care for the refund, before the new charge?

It's a big difference for me. If you ask for a refund, they deploy your server, you told them that you would not take their server, but wanted you money back, and you did it on a ticket after they deploy your server, then you deserve your money back.

And of course, when they told you that you could get a refund, they should have given it to you right away. So i don't think this is a very good host.

• myhken - so sorry i forgot to say this part, i told them i want a refund and then they gave me the server. So i just left it - i was not using the vps because i had other work to do - anyway 15 days later i got a invoice (which they say is common) but they took $7 15 days after i paid the $7 for that month - and the invoice was going to charge $7 again in 15 days - so instead of 3 months i would get 45 days = 1 1/2 months - that put a red flag for me. BUt i canceled my server - and they still have not tried to refund the money - i even told them to keep the $7 i just want the $10 prepaid balance i put in my account - so its been 7 months now and nothing.

• @myhken - i do want the $17 back now because they did offer to refund me on november but nothing has happened since then - I told them just send $10 when i was there the first month and they done nothing to try and help me.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited January 2014

Stevie said: I ordered a vps

Stevie, anyone who's first post here is a beware/scam/stay away/avoid type-of-post against a provider is bound to come under scrutiny -- for obvious reasons.

Stick around, join the conversation, build some karma and what you say will be taken more seriously :)

• So do you guy think this hosting call scammer?

• @sleddog
    Yea i understand. I will be active here.
    I have a few hosts to review (they are good reviews :-) )
    And i plan to post a guide for a tiny webserver, scripting language and database (that takes up less then 1 mb ram and 900kb disk space) - i also plan to make a small CMS for that set up - more information coming soon!

• Still no reply - just closing of my tickets - 7 months and no refund which they have said on november they would refund me - BEWARE

• 7 months and no refund? Can you fill me in on TOS refund policy?

• http://widevps.com/terms.html
    It says they have a 24 hour refund policy - which i did requested a refund within 24 hours due to they gave me a few red flags - i made a new ticket on january 13 2014 - basically telling them i hope they burn in hell for scamming me and others (gave them a webhostingtalk thread links) - 2 days later i get "can i help you" and then i calm down and explained nicely why im pissed - and they closed the ticket yet again.

On november they said they were "ready to send a refund" and i still have not gotten anything.

• Its took 7 months for it to come to this? And 4 months for them to ask for your paypal!

But yeha i have seen this guys in a few posts being labeled as scammers, not good!

• well this is there reply on november:

WideVPS Team || Staff
    Steven,
    i can see your refund update, please update your paypal account from your client area.
    Sam W.

--

So they cant say "you did not request a refund within 24 hours" or "that staff member was only for support"
    The staff member say's i should expect a refund and its in the system - just update my paypal address - in which i did and still ......... nothing....