Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay Away From IPXCORE.com ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay Away From IPXCORE.com ?

Recently bought a VPS from IPXCore.com . Few days later, my VPS is suspended for a DDOS. All I was hosting was a small teamspeak server for some close friends. There's absolutely no one who would want to DDOS the teamspeak. Simply only a few people knew about it. I guess it's possible a random did it? Not sure.

I received an email with little to no information on the situation after my service was suspended. I found it highly unprofessional, and very annoying. I put money into IPXCORE, then they suspend my service without a clear explanation.

It's quite possible that the TOS for IPXCore.com states that your service can be immidiately temrinated for any type of DDOS, but I just want to let people know the risk of hosting with IPXCore.com . Even the smallest, most random DDOS will get your service suspended.

Overall, they just seem unprofessional, and a bit snobby. I created a ticket inquiring about the DDOS, and received no explanation to the situation whatsoever.

I recommend going with www.ramnode.com instead. Definitely more professional than IPXCore.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

said: There's absolutely no one who would want to DDOS the teamspeak.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh man, I'm sorry you seriously just made my day. I found that hilarious because nothing has ever caused me more grief than teamspeak.

Literally everyone wants to DDOS every teamspeak every damn day of the year. That is IF it's unreal UDP PPS doesn't count as effective as a DDOS itself on the node in question.

• @Cltcam said:
    It's quite possible that the TOS for IPXCore.com states that your service can be immidiately temrinated for any type of DDOS, but I just want to let people know the risk of hosting with IPXCore.com .

I recommend going with www.ramnode.com instead. Definitely more professional than IPXCore.

You mean like the second sentence of the Ramnode TOS?

By using RamNode’s ("RamNode", "our", "us" or "we") products and services, you ("you", "your", "Client" or "Customer") agree to comply with our policies. RamNode reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or terminate any service provided with or without a refund or notice or warning for any reason.

I mean, if this is a real review I'm sorry... but this is in the TOS of everyone in the business.

• @jarland is this valid also for small private teamspeak server among close friends?
    (just asking, I am not familiar with that)

• @jarland said:
    Literally everyone wants to DDOS every teamspeak every damn day of the year. That is IF it's unreal UDP PPS doesn't count as effective as a DDOS itself on the node in question.

This and game servers in general. It's a mess.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited December 2013

@Spirit said:
    jarland is this valid also for small private teamspeak server among close friends?
    (just asking, I am not familiar with that)

Depends on how the codecs are configured. Honestly in my time nothing ever caused as much trouble for Catalyst as teamspeak. We always did our best to accommodate and be understanding but aside from spam and fraud this was one of the top reasons for service suspension. It was nothing to have a single VPS sustaining 30k+ pps all day every day for teamspeak.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • It's just a small teamspeak though. I really doubt there would be a large DDOS on it.

Ok, so even if there was, Damian could give some much better support / explanation.

I realize that the TOS states they can terminate/suspend wiithout reason, but we all know that the best companies will work with you to resolve the issue, and not just suspend you without clarification.

Did you keep any watch on the PPS? It might surprise you what the actual numbers were. I'd recommend running iptraf and keeping an eye on things during regular usage to get an idea of what you're sustaining. I wouldn't recommend sustaining as much as 20k pps on a VPS provider. They've got to consider others may be doing the same, it adds up real quick.

• Also, I eventually had 30 friends in the TS. Maybe that many people talking on TS led to a lot of data usage so Damian just suspended it for a "DDOS" instead.

Just a thought?

• Yeah, okay, I'm going to let you go. This is the second time you've done something like this on a public forum. Would you like a copy of your files?

Thanked by 2jar vRozenSch00n
  • No, I don't need the files. I posted on a public forum to let others know, that you're likely to suspend them without the even slightest explanation.

Cltcam said: slightest explanation

DDOS

Thanked by 2Spencer CheeseGamer
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2013

This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. The details of this suspension are below:

Product/Service: Budget-128
    Domain: (snip)
    Amount: $1.25 USD
    Due Date: 12/23/2013
    Suspension Reason: Your VPS is under an incoming DDOS attack.

Please contact us as soon as possible to get your service reactivated.

IPXcore.com

I really don't know how much explanation I can provide. Please advise.

• Probably a minor DDOS. If this type of DDOS is common among teamspeak servers, then I would advise people to not host with IPXcore.com if you're going to be hosting a teamspeak server. They'll suspend you, quick and easy, with no effort to work with you on the situation.

• @Damian said:
    I really don't know how much explanation I can provide. Please advise.

"Please contact us as soon as possible to get your service reactivated."

I did this, and you were by no means helpful. You definitely weren't working with me to get the VPS back online.

I agree. If you receive a lot of incoming DDOS you probably shouldn't host with a provider or a package that does not include DDOS protection.

• @Cltcam are you like 12?

Thanked by 1jar
  • In @Damian 's defense, I host a TS at buyvm, with a filtered IP. Just the other day we were chatting in irc about how quickly cnservers autonulls teamspeak..because of the udp shit.

It's not at all fair to Damian for you to run around parading STAY AWAY FROM IPXCORE..because teamspeak is a giant pile of dog shit.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited December 2013

@MrObvious said:
    In Damian 's defense, I host a TS at buyvm, with a filtered IP. Just the other day we were chatting in irc about how quickly cnservers autonulls teamspeak..because of the udp shit.

It's not at all fair to Damian for you to run around parading STAY AWAY FROM IPXCORE..because teamspeak is a giant pile of dog shit.

I realize that now. Fact of the matter is, he wasn't really professional about the situation. Little to no information was provided. Just "Suspended for DDOS". Created a ticket, and he didn't work with me to get the VPS reactivated.

• @Cltcam - Forum blackmail doesn't work, because we know each other in the community. @Damian participates and contributes on a regular basis, and has been doing so for a very long time and he is a super cool guy. You seriously need to reconsider your choice of words because none of us here inclined to host you or the likes of you.

Thanked by 2HalfEatenPie Amfy
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2013

@Cltcam said:
    Probably a minor DDOS. If this type of DDOS is common among teamspeak servers, then I would advise people to not host with IPXcore.com if you're going to be hosting a teamspeak server. They'll suspend you, quick and easy, with no effort to work with you on the situation.

You keep mentioning this, like this is your out or something. The only way to mitigate a DDOS is to drop the route for the IP address being attacked. You really want us to keep you online and make everyone else on the server suffer so that you can keep your teamspeak server online for a buck-twentyfive a month?

All of the other Teamspeak users that we host (and there's a surprising amount) understand that DDOS is going to be a common issue with Teamspeak. All of them (except you) fully understand that we'll kill them for the evening, then turn them back on the next day.

I'll be honest: I don't really care what you do with our service as long as it doesn't cause us problems. There's people on our service running torrent and most likely torrenting copyrighted stuff, but since it doesn't cause us problems, nothing happens to them.

I'm not paying server upkeep with my parent's money. I didn't win a kickstarter. All of this has been built with hard work, blood, sweat, and tears. If I have to stop your service (you, a single person) to save the service of everyone else (over a thousand active users now), then it shall be done.

You also seem to enjoy referencing Ramnode. I can assure you that Ramnode's reaction will be similar, if not exactly the same.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

@Cltcam said:
    I realize that now. Fact of the matter is, he wasn't really professional about the situation. Little to no information was provided. Just "Suspended for DDOS". Created a ticket, and he didn't work with me to get the VPS reactivated.

What more information do you need? He doesn't know what services you are running to tell you why your services was getting a DDOS, all he knows is what he is alerted that there is a incoming DDOS coming in on your IP. So he gave you all the information available.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited December 2013

@ Damian

I highly doubt that. They would probably work with me to get my service back online. I bet that they would allow me to keep the VPS, as long as I didn't host a teamspeak server. Or maybe give me another chance to host a teamspeak server, but permanently suspend it if there was another situation.

• CheeseGamerCheeseGamer Member
    edited December 2013

Damian said: You really want us to keep you online and make everyone else on the server suffer so that you can keep your teamspeak server online for a buck-twentyfive a month?

Yes, the customer is always right.

Edit: Also, can confirm that Damian has always been professional when I've dealt with him.

• IPXCore is one of the better companies I have been with and Damian is very kind and professional.

• @Cltcam said:
    I realize that now.

Now when you do, wouldn't be fair from you to change thread title into something, erm... less radical?

• Damian said: You also seem to enjoy referencing Ramnode. I can assure you that Ramnode's reaction will be similar, if not exactly the same.

It's a common tactic to reference another provider, hoping that the thread would degenerate into a flame war and focus attention away from the OP.

• I just don't understand why he didn't work with me to keep the service online. Could he have not mentioned keeping the VPS, but not hosting teamspeak on it? Is that not a possibility..

• Cltcam said: I highly doubt that. They would probably work with me to get my service back online. I bet that they would allow me to keep the VPS, as long as I didn't host a teamspeak server. Or maybe give me another chance to host a teamspeak server, but permanently suspend it if there was another situation.

At a certain point in time, a business must fire their client. Within the past two weeks, you've now started two threads about his business, both of them being negative.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Most Teamspeak servers automatically go on the public list. I have run a popular Teamspeak server in Australia for the last few years and have never had a problem but I host with an enterprise provider.

If it's just for you and a few friends use a Teamspeak provider and just pay per slot, it's less trouble overall.