Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


EUserv - free 1TB storage for 1 year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

EUserv - free 1TB storage for 1 year

defaultdefault Member
edited October 13 in General

EUserv who offers free cloud server with IPv6, now also offers free storage for 12 months. Offer is valid until 31.12.2021.

Renewal price: €60/year.

Important note: "The offer renewal is automatically for following years, if not canceled 3 months before the end of the free period in customer panel".

Fastmako (aff) - another cheap VPS.

Comments

  • cpsdcpsd Member

    They had this first year-only free service for long time :blush: Last couple years I am paying the renewal price but the the first two years I was using it for free (you can cancel on time and order a new one for free with the same user account).

  • donlidonli Member
    edited October 13

    @cpsd said:
    They had this first year-only free service for long time :blush: Last couple years I am paying the renewal price but the the first two years I was using it for free (you can cancel on time and order a new one for free with the same user account).

    When you do the 3-months before cancel is it cancelled immediately or at the end of the 3-months?

  • cpsdcpsd Member

    @donli said:

    @cpsd said:
    They had this first year-only free service for long time :blush: Last couple years I am paying the renewal price but the the first two years I was using it for free (you can cancel on time and order a new one for free with the same user account).

    When you do the 3-months before cancel is it cancelled immediately or at the end of the 3-months?

    The two free services I had got cancelled automatically if you don't upgrade to a paid plan. Their current services are different but I understand from the contract terms you will get 12months of active services.

    Thanked by 2donli chedenaz
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 13

    You do realize they do this most likely for two reasons:
    1. You probably give them permission to share your personal information with their 'associates' in which case you will start to get spam calls and such after sign-up
    2. They are just pumping up their user count to prepare to sell the company as even a non-paying customer is a customer when tabulating (increasing value of the business).

    Nothing in life is free. This isn't free either, you are trading your personal information for a service and that personal information is likely much more valuable to them than the product they are giving you for "free".

    my 2 cents.

    Cheers!

    Thanked by 1chedenaz

    Have an Allwinner H3 device? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Armbian | Atomic Pi Mirror
    22+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development Services

  • @TheLinuxBug said:
    Nothing in life is free. This isn't free either, you are trading your personal information for a service and that personal information is likely much more valuable to them than the product they are giving you for "free".

    And?

  • @TheLinuxBug said:

    Nothing in life is free. This isn't free either, you are trading your personal information for a service and that personal information is likely much more valuable to them than the product they are giving you for "free".

    my 2 cents.

    Cheers!

    So, their staff will look and enjoy my stash of "Linux ISO"?

    Fastmako (aff) - another cheap VPS.

  • I won't be able to use Borg to the backup space, or?

  • frogfrog Member
    edited October 13

    @TheLinuxBug said:

    You do realize they do this most likely for two reasons:
    1. You probably give them permission to share your personal information with their 'associates' in which case you will start to get spam calls and such after sign-up
    2. They are just pumping up their user count to prepare to sell the company as even a non-paying customer is a customer when tabulating (increasing value of the business).

    Nothing in life is free. This isn't free either, you are trading your personal information for a service and that personal information is likely much more valuable to them than the product they are giving you for "free".

    my 2 cents.

    Cheers!

    1. Subscription trap. You get something for free, and the provider makes money later because you forget to cancel in time.

    Important note: "The offer renewal is automatically for following years, if not canceled 3 months before the end of the free period in customer panel".

    Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • frogfrog Member
    edited October 13

    (dobbelt post)

  • pwnedpwned Member

    I recently cancelled mine from last year's offer. The email states:

    Deletion of services:
    On 2022-01-25 all services (email addresses, email accounts, webspace, IP addresses, server drives) of this contract will be deleted.

    Deletion of user data:
    Store all your user data (websites, backup data, emails, etc.) until 2022-01-25. This data is not available after 2022-01-25.

    Accounting:
    All services are accounted until 2022-01-25.

    So it appears to run for 12 months, even though you need to cancel after around month 9 or sooner.

    I've not received any spam. (I used a unique email address, so I'd probably notice.)

    I don't like how the storage account is configured--it seems like there are a bunch of hoops to jump through to get rsync to work with ssh keys.

  • What reason providing everything for free with a long term? Just attract a lot of freeloaders who drops your product after free time are ends. How many people are extend? 0.001% Not sure.

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    If they charged for their services, maybe they could upgrade their 1990s web site :D

    Thanked by 2frog chedenaz

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator
    Thanked by 2default chedenaz

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • devpdevp Member

    @TheLinuxBug said: Nothing in life is free. This isn't free either, you are trading your personal information for a service and that personal information is likely much more valuable to them than the product they are giving you for "free".

    For longer term thats an investment from provider worth considering.

    @jenkki said: What reason providing everything for free with a long term? Just attract a lot of freeloaders who drops your product after free time are ends. How many people are extend? 0.001% Not sure.

    When customers start filling data possibility is they stay for longer.

  • flameflame Member

    thank you for shareing default

  • @donli said: When you do the 3-months before cancel is it cancelled immediately or at the end of the 3-months?

    they replied to me that it will get cancelled after 1-year term and not immediately.

    Thanked by 1donli
  • That means the price is €30 for the first two years.

    WebmasterOffers.com - Webmaster Offers <3

  • vbavba Member

    omg free 1TB, i love it.
    btw this site also offer free vps with ipv6 but you have to renew every week to keep the vps - https://hax.co.id/

  • @vba said:
    but you have to renew every week month to keep the vps

    :)

  • The connection is not that stable. I got many time outs when transferring many small files at the same time. Once it reached 300 Mbps, then back to 1-3 MBps. Unable to login to web dav, rsync is yet to be tested, web storage loading took long time. FTP is unencrypted, also web storage ui is unencrypted http site.

Sign In or Register to comment.