Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EUserv - free 1TB storage for 1 year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EUserv - free 1TB storage for 1 year

defaultdefault Veteran
edited October 2021 in General

EUserv who offers free cloud server with IPv6, now also offers free storage for 12 months. Offer is valid until 31.12.2021.

Renewal price: €60/year.

Important note: "The offer renewal is automatically for following years, if not canceled 3 months before the end of the free period in customer panel".

Comments

• They had this first year-only free service for long time :blush: Last couple years I am paying the renewal price but the the first two years I was using it for free (you can cancel on time and order a new one for free with the same user account).

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2021

@cpsd said:
    They had this first year-only free service for long time :blush: Last couple years I am paying the renewal price but the the first two years I was using it for free (you can cancel on time and order a new one for free with the same user account).

When you do the 3-months before cancel is it cancelled immediately or at the end of the 3-months?

• @donli said:

@cpsd said:
    They had this first year-only free service for long time :blush: Last couple years I am paying the renewal price but the the first two years I was using it for free (you can cancel on time and order a new one for free with the same user account).

When you do the 3-months before cancel is it cancelled immediately or at the end of the 3-months?

The two free services I had got cancelled automatically if you don't upgrade to a paid plan. Their current services are different but I understand from the contract terms you will get 12months of active services.

Thanked by 2donli chedenaz
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2021

You do realize they do this most likely for two reasons:
    1. You probably give them permission to share your personal information with their 'associates' in which case you will start to get spam calls and such after sign-up
    2. They are just pumping up their user count to prepare to sell the company as even a non-paying customer is a customer when tabulating (increasing value of the business).

Nothing in life is free. This isn't free either, you are trading your personal information for a service and that personal information is likely much more valuable to them than the product they are giving you for "free".

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • @TheLinuxBug said:
    Nothing in life is free. This isn't free either, you are trading your personal information for a service and that personal information is likely much more valuable to them than the product they are giving you for "free".

And?

• @TheLinuxBug said:

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

So, their staff will look and enjoy my stash of "Linux ISO"?

• I won't be able to use Borg to the backup space, or?

• frogfrog Barred
    edited October 2021

@TheLinuxBug said:

You do realize they do this most likely for two reasons:
    1. You probably give them permission to share your personal information with their 'associates' in which case you will start to get spam calls and such after sign-up
    2. They are just pumping up their user count to prepare to sell the company as even a non-paying customer is a customer when tabulating (increasing value of the business).

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

1. Subscription trap. You get something for free, and the provider makes money later because you forget to cancel in time.

Important note: "The offer renewal is automatically for following years, if not canceled 3 months before the end of the free period in customer panel".

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • frogfrog Barred
    edited October 2021

(dobbelt post)

• I recently cancelled mine from last year's offer. The email states:

Deletion of services:
    On 2022-01-25 all services (email addresses, email accounts, webspace, IP addresses, server drives) of this contract will be deleted.

Deletion of user data:
    Store all your user data (websites, backup data, emails, etc.) until 2022-01-25. This data is not available after 2022-01-25.

Accounting:
    All services are accounted until 2022-01-25.

So it appears to run for 12 months, even though you need to cancel after around month 9 or sooner.

I've not received any spam. (I used a unique email address, so I'd probably notice.)

I don't like how the storage account is configured--it seems like there are a bunch of hoops to jump through to get rsync to work with ssh keys.

• What reason providing everything for free with a long term? Just attract a lot of freeloaders who drops your product after free time are ends. How many people are extend? 0.001% Not sure.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If they charged for their services, maybe they could upgrade their 1990s web site :D

Thanked by 2frog chedenaz
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • @TheLinuxBug said: Nothing in life is free. This isn't free either, you are trading your personal information for a service and that personal information is likely much more valuable to them than the product they are giving you for "free".

For longer term thats an investment from provider worth considering.

@jenkki said: What reason providing everything for free with a long term? Just attract a lot of freeloaders who drops your product after free time are ends. How many people are extend? 0.001% Not sure.

When customers start filling data possibility is they stay for longer.

• thank you for shareing default

• @donli said: When you do the 3-months before cancel is it cancelled immediately or at the end of the 3-months?

they replied to me that it will get cancelled after 1-year term and not immediately.

Thanked by 1donli
  • That means the price is €30 for the first two years.

• vbavba Member

omg free 1TB, i love it.
    btw this site also offer free vps with ipv6 but you have to renew every week to keep the vps - https://hax.co.id/

• @vba said:
    but you have to renew every week month to keep the vps

:)

• The connection is not that stable. I got many time outs when transferring many small files at the same time. Once it reached 300 Mbps, then back to 1-3 MBps. Unable to login to web dav, rsync is yet to be tested, web storage loading took long time. FTP is unencrypted, also web storage ui is unencrypted http site.