Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostmayo went down only a couple hours after signing up with them and now not replying
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostmayo went down only a couple hours after signing up with them and now not replying

lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
edited October 2021 in Outages

Really disappointing. I was moving from an old host (websound - sister site of clouveo) due to appalling downtimes with them.

Read the good reviews on hostmayo on here and thought it would be a good choice.

Only a couple of hours after signing up and moving 1st domain over I get a discord message from another guy who signed up with them a week or two previous telling me his site is down. Sure enough I check mine and down too.

Last night asked for refund on their chat and they said 'wait'. This morning I load up their website and the chat is offline. Sent an email and no reply as yet.

I am sure they are probably inundated and scrambling to fix whatever issue. Suffice to say though I am out of there and want my refund.

Already switched now to NexusBytes as they came out on top in the 2020 poll for most reliable provider.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am terribly sorry for your divorce.

Thanked by 1typicalGtaTG
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Unlucky, if you can switch to virtual servers and build yourself a system which does automatic failover in case of an outage.

• You start loosing thousands of bucks every hour

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2021

@lowendguy7 said: Last night asked for refund on their chat and they said 'wait'. This morning I load up their website and the chat is offline. Sent an email and no reply as yet.

You are never going to find a 'perfect' host in the Low End, you act like nothing like this will ever happen with NexusBytes... all hosts have hardware issues..especially those with limited budgets as they sell for almost a loss on LET.

I get your upset, but it also seems like you're the worst kind of customer -- immediately asking for a refund on a loss leader product while the provider is trying to help customers get stuff working after some type of failure-- obviously once your request was no longer 'can you help me get back online' and changed to 'give me my money back' they no longer had time for this BS and ignored you. If they have a policy to refund you in their TOS, they will do so once their issues are resolved for all customers, as until then the least important thing to them will be sending your money back.. I would ignore you also if you just came to chat and started demanding I give you money back while busy trying to help those who actually wish to be a customer still and are being much more understanding and working to resolve the issue together.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying to mean it's not disappointing there was failure and that obviously it would suck to deal with this on the first day of service, however, you have very poor expectations if you think they should be obligated to immediately refund you while they are working through other more important issues with the people who wish to stay their customers.

I have this weird feeling though, based on how you handled this, that you will be back here again shortly with some complaints about NexusBytes when they don't offer to give you a reach around when you complain to them about something.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
    edited October 2021

@TheLinuxBug said:

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said: You are never going to find a 'perfect' host

Totally Agreed.

Also nice innocent NexusBytes advertising. Seems they suck your Coin better than previous ones.

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said:

@lowendguy7 said: Last night asked for refund on their chat and they said 'wait'. This morning I load up their website and the chat is offline. Sent an email and no reply as yet.

You are never going to find a 'perfect' host in the Low End, you act like nothing like this will ever happen with NexusBytes... all hosts have hardware issues..especially those with limited budgets as they sell for almost a loss on LET.

I get your upset, but it also seems like your the worst kind of customer -- immediately asking for a refund on a loss leader product while the provider is trying to help customers get stuff working after some type of failure-- obviously once your request was no longer 'can you help me get back online' and changed to 'give me my money back' they no longer had time for this BS and ignored you. If they have a policy to refund you in their TOS, they will do so once their issues are resolved for all customers, as until then the least important thing to them will be sending your money back.. I would ignore you also if you just came to chat and started demanding I give you money back while busy trying to help those who actually wish to be a customer still and are being much more understanding and working to resolve the issue together.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying to mean it's not disappointing there was failure and that obviously it would suck to deal with this on the first day of service, however, you have very poor expectations if you think they should be obligated to immediately refund you while they are working through other more important issues with the people who wish to stay their customers.

I have this weird feeling though, based on how you handled this, that you will be back here again shortly with some complaints about NexusBytes when they don't offer to give you a reach around when you complain to them about something.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

*you're (pls don't kill me for this...)

• You got an example in the other thread, to avoid the hoster. There is no need to open a thread for this cause.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2021

@lowendguy7 said: Yea cos my post history of 3+ years is nothing but complaining right?

That is actually even worse. If you have been around here that long you should already understand what your buying and have adjusted your expectations correctly -- though based on this thread you somehow have failed to do that. I haven't looked at your LET history but if this is any indication, I imagine you do a good bit of complaining about things because of your inability to have the correct expectations.

What are you warning people about, that a Low End host is having hardware issues and that if you complain at them for a refund while they are working to fix the issue they will ignore you, like any other small host would do when trying to handle a service issue? Your warning them that Murphy's Law is real? You are warning them you are annoyed or didn't like that you didn't get an immediate refund right now when you demanded it cause you are the most important snow flake?

You were just annoyed, impatient and wanted to whine somewhere. If the real goal was to provide a 'warning' or real feedback, you would have waited and done a real review of the service after you had time to use it and include the hardships you saw when starting out with the service so that users can objectively see and understand the whole case after you gave some time for them to fix the issue. Understanding how quickly they are able to fix things and what compensation they would offer you once resolved would likely be more useful information than anything else you have posted here so far.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1maverickp

The end is nigh.

My 2 rubles.

F**K!

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @FAT32 @raindog308

Seems even though this guy has been a member for 3 years he still doesn't understand that you are not allowed to delete posts. Could you please restore the thread?

Thanks.

• What did we miss for those of us just tuning in after he edited it out?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

User warned and post restored

• @deank said:
    I am terribly sorry for your divorce.

She should sue the lawyer for bad settlement

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@FAT32 said:
    User warned and post restored

His original post was longer, twice longer.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

If transferring important sites, you should always have a secondary server that is up to date and ready to take over in case of an emergency. If a site or range of sites are making you good money, what's the relative cost of backup servers that are live ready?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Clearly, this guy caused the downtime and NexusBytes is next. >:)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Summer host. Coincidentally MayoHost just disappeared recently as well. Hmmmmm

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2021

@lowendguy7 said: Last night asked for refund on their chat and they said 'wait'. This morning I load up their website and the chat is offline. Sent an email and no reply as yet

did it got online then?

• More deadpool?