Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Charles Haley's blacklist IP removal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Charles Haley's blacklist IP removal

Hi all,

I just obtained a subnet that has one IP address blacklisted in the Charles Haley's blacklist but this IP is not announced neither used in any way at the moment. I need it to be removed for customer's request.
I sent an email to ask him to remove my IP but I don't know when my request will be handled.
Do you know if there are any other quicker methods to reach him to ask for the removal?Maybe there is a specific email address?

Thanks!

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Strange pattern you have with threads like these. Are you aware when blacklists are used? Honestly, looks like you are thread spammer.

• Why make separate threads, are you doing seo for these blacklist providers?

• Yes, it could seem that I'm a "thread spammer" but I'm just searching for some advices in this field. Anyway, no problem I'll wait for the removal.
    Thanks for the replay in any case!

• @Ahfaiahkid said:
    Why make separate threads, are you doing seo for these blacklist providers?

Nope, I just want to start with a clean subnet and maintain it in this way. I did separated threads to be more clear and don't ask everything in a single one.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

That isn't a blacklist and shouldn't be used as such..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If you can't fully articulate a clear reason why you should care that your IP is on that list, you're not qualified to request removal.

But I'll give you a tip: you have no reason to care that your IP is on that list. Unless you're looking to brute force that guy's SSH in which case your plans may be ruined.

Thanked by 2Tony40 adly
  • @TumpiNET said: I just obtained a subnet that has one IP address blacklisted in the Charles Haley's blacklist but this IP is not announced neither used in any way at the moment. I need it to be removed for customer's request.

Unless Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo uses those BLs to filter emails one should not give a damn importance to it! Those Blacklists are just BS for rest of the world.

• LeviLevi Member

@JasonM said:

@TumpiNET said: I just obtained a subnet that has one IP address blacklisted in the Charles Haley's blacklist but this IP is not announced neither used in any way at the moment. I need it to be removed for customer's request.

Unless Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo uses those BLs to filter emails one should not give a damn importance to it! Those Blacklists are just BS for rest of the world.

Giants don't use any "standard blacklists", they have their own systems and honey pots.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 2021

@LTniger said: Giants don't use any "standard blacklists", they have their own systems and honey pots.

Yes, thats what I wrote. Unless Giants dont use these BLs there no need to worry if another 1000 people/companies form their own BL and add IPs or whole ASNs to it!

• This sounds like the work of mjjs

• Luckily after a couple of days since I made the request to remove my IP, it was deleted from Charles Haley's list. So, if someone will need to remove IPs from this list it'll be enough to send an email.
    However, thank you all for the information that you shared and your help!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2021

This demands a new social experiment. Create text file, call it a blacklist, list every IP, document how many contacts are received requesting an IP be removed from it and why they requested it.

Thanked by 3adly Ticaga AlwaysSkint
  • @jar said:
    This demands a new social experiment. Create text file, call it a blacklist, list every IP, document how many contacts are received requesting an IP be removed from it and why they requested it.

That would be a rather large text file (approaching 10Gb uncompressed at a guess - 64Gb for every possible address as “aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd though reduced significantly by not including unallocated or private ranges and by the string representation of most addresses being shorter, some much shorted like 1.1.1.1”) so the sheer size might mean the ruse is easily seen through.

Perhaps include 1/256 or less of the allocated addresses and/or coalesce many into ranges of various sizes (some single addresses, some /28s, some /24s, etc). Generate randomly and regenerate every now & then, maybe using generation timestamp as the random seed so you can reproduce a version later. Or be crafty and a little more dynamic: generate such a list once as an initial template but on every access update the list to make sure that the source address of the host requesting the list is covered.

Thanked by 1jar