Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


100TB Storage for Backup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

100TB Storage for Backup

yigitkyigitk Member

I'm looking for most affordable option where I can get low computational resources while having large disks. Any chance except of S3 providers? VPS or Dedicated preferred.

«1

Comments

  • About $50+3 (buyvm vm + 10TB) x 10
    So about $530/m for 100TB.
    But doubt you will find that much in stock there.
    Perhaps @Francisco can think of something :-)

  • tolovalltolovall Member
    edited May 15

    @yigitk said: most affordable option

    Build your own at home?

    Thanked by 2Waldo19 Ouji
  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy
    edited May 15
  • defaultdefault Member

    So many storage requests lately. It must be the new breakfast with milk from farm and chia cereals.

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited May 15

    @thedp said:
    100TB for backup? That's what they all say now. #justsaying :joy:

    I am old school. Was going to compliment OP for their p0rn collection.

    This new stuff that sounds like a Korean car maker is all new to me

  • it201306it201306 Member, No Sales

    100TB for backup? So much money?

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    In a few weeks we can deliver a 12x8TB machine probably, depends on the queue. 149€ a month.

    Those fly off as soon as we can build them, and right now i am unsure when we get the next 8TB drives, is it within a few weeks, or few months.

  • defaultdefault Member

    @PulsedMedia - plotting and farming Chia is allowed? (op probably forgot to mention this itsy-bitsy tiny detail)

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    @default said:
    @PulsedMedia - plotting and farming Chia is allowed? (op probably forgot to mention this itsy-bitsy tiny detail)

    Yeap, not a problem.

    Thanked by 1default
  • JoeFJoeF Member

    @PulsedMedia said:
    In a few weeks we can deliver a 12x8TB machine probably, depends on the queue. 149€ a month.

    Those fly off as soon as we can build them, and right now i am unsure when we get the next 8TB drives, is it within a few weeks, or few months.

    What location is this and what bandwidth is included?

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider
    edited May 15

    @JoeF said: What location is this and what bandwidth is included?

    Finland on our own DC. 1Gbps unmetered.

    https://pulsedmedia.com/dedicated-servers-finland.php

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    @thedp said:
    100TB for backup? That's what they all say now. #justsaying :joy:

    Yep, it's for backup. Well, in a sense, they ain't wrong.

    Thanked by 1pike
  • 0xbkt0xbkt Member

    @deank Where is Jarland, by the way? And how to make it to there?

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Purchase a box of jam in jars.

    Open the box, lift it up, and throw it onto the floor.

    There ya go; you now have Jar Land. Make sure to walk on it to feel the might of JarLard.

  • Daniel15Daniel15 Member

    For that much space, it would likely be cheaper in the long run to buy your own equipment and colocate it. The only issue is having to replace the drives when they die.

    Thanked by 1jsg
  • angstromangstrom Member

    @yigitk said: I'm looking for most affordable option where I can get low computational resources while having large disks.

    We wonder why

    Congrats on your first post

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @Daniel15 said:
    For that much space, it would likely be cheaper in the long run to buy your own equipment and colocate it. The only issue is having to replace the drives when they die.

    Have you seen the price of drives...?

    Francisco

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Everything went up by at least 30% since Covid began.

    Shit's fucked up.

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    then chia came and most storage has doubled in cost.

    Hell, even Supermicro will not give us any guarantees of delivery dates, only "open ended"

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @PulsedMedia said:
    then chia came and most storage has doubled in cost.

    Hell, even Supermicro will not give us any guarantees of delivery dates, only "open ended"

    On drives or chassis?

    Francisco

  • defaultdefault Member
    edited May 15

    Hosting will get harder and harder, with prices of HDD going up, and licenses (cPanel & WHMCS) going up. Special thanks go to Chia founders and farmers.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 15

    Just wait for a new coin on SSD.

    Then steel coin. Say good bye to steel chassis.

    Plastic coin. Get ready for reinforced paper chassis.

    Paper coin. No more trees on Earth.

    The end.

    Thanked by 1CloudxtnyHost
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    @Francisco said:

    @PulsedMedia said:
    then chia came and most storage has doubled in cost.

    Hell, even Supermicro will not give us any guarantees of delivery dates, only "open ended"

    On drives or chassis?

    Francisco

    Drives.

    @deank said: The end.

    Lol, you find that end is nigh in everything :D

  • DucVoDucVo Member

    wasabi.com

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    @deank said: you now have Jar Land

    There is actually a real-life @jar land:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_of_Jars

    Thanked by 2rajat jar
  • rajatrajat Member, Provider

    Try with @Francisco for storage

    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Member
    edited May 16

    @Francisco said:

    @Daniel15 said:
    For that much space, it would likely be cheaper in the long run to buy your own equipment and colocate it. The only issue is having to replace the drives when they die.

    Have you seen the price of drives...?

    Francisco

    Oh yeah, good point, I haven't looked into hard drive prices in ages.

    I still think that renting hardware starts making less sense as your needs grow larger (as long as you can afford the initial investment), and the increased price of hard drives is going to affect rented servers at some point too (since the hosts will eventually need to acquire new drives for new servers and to replace failing ones)

  • xalyyxalyy Member

    @default said:
    So many storage requests lately. It must be the new breakfast with milk from farm and chia cereals.

    Man your stupid Chia accusing comments on every storage request discussion starting to get really cringy

  • edited May 17

    @xalyy said:

    @default said:
    So many storage requests lately. It must be the new breakfast with milk from farm and chia cereals.

    Man your stupid Chia accusing comments on every storage request discussion starting to get really cringy

    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it ain't a cow.

  • xalyyxalyy Member

    @NobodyInteresting said:

    @xalyy said:

    @default said:
    So many storage requests lately. It must be the new breakfast with milk from farm and chia cereals.

    Man your stupid Chia accusing comments on every storage request discussion starting to get really cringy

    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it ain't a cow.

    All I heard from your comment was bla bla bla bla bla bla
    But tell me more

Sign In or Register to comment.