Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Inception Hosting - The sales strike back - Part II (Triple BW + double disk)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Inception Hosting - The sales strike back - Part II (Triple BW + double disk)

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

Hi Folks,

This is just an update to last weeks offer post as it started to get messy and it has been a week, the position has changed a bit in that London is now nearing full and Amsterdam has more space, I will again repeat this is going to be a limited-time sale and I cannot say exactly when it will end, but when it does that will be that and these will probably not be repeated.

This sale is just to clear up the irregularities and balance things back out within Inception Hosting before launching new hardware so you have the chance to grab an absolute bargain!

I have been given permission to triple the bandwidth on top of what is already double disk or more so this really is now an unbeatable offer!

KVM in London and Amsterdam.

  • CPU in London: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz (4.20GHz max)
  • CPU in Amsterdam: Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2276G CPU @ 3.80GHz (4.90GHz max)





Special Offer Notes:

  • Those that took advantage of last week's offer will get automatically upgraded bandwidth/transfer but I need some time as it is manual, feel free to raise a ticket if you don't see BW/Transfer matching the specs below after 7 days I am human and miss things.
  • Due to the nature and reason for this specific sale being a unique one it is not possible to convert existing orders into this deal however all efforts to allow this sort of thing in the future will be made.
  • The refund policy for these is strictly 48 hours from the time of the order being placed not the standard 14 days.
  • Stacking is no longer permitted due to the administrative burden.
  • SSD Cached may be making an appearance it is simply not a priority right now however available stock has been released at regular pricing.

Questions and comments are all very welcome!

Thanked by 2bersy Tsuyo
«13

Comments

  • Hi

    1/ UK-SSD-KVM-1024
    Typo error: 1000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)

    2/ Any offer with 512MB RAM please?

  • benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited March 17

    @lebidule said:
    Hi

    1/ UK-SSD-KVM-1024
    Typo error: 1000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)

    2/ Any offer with 512MB RAM please?

    Ignore the product description. Just order and you'll get the specifications upgrade.

    Thanked by 1lebidule

    became his black friday dreams fulfilled by InceptionHosting and HostHatch - amazing providers, amazing deals. Good job.

  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @benj0x said:

    @lebidule said:
    Hi

    1/ UK-SSD-KVM-1024
    Typo error: 1000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)

    2/ Any offer with 512MB RAM please?

    Ignore the product description. Just order and you'll get the specifications upgrade.

    product descriptions updated as it is causing confusion.

    Thanked by 1benj0x
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @lebidule said: 2/ Any offer with 512MB RAM please?

    Not right now it is near impossible to get much cheaper than the 1GB plan is any way without sacrificing quality so you would be paying the same give or take a few cents for a lot less.

  • @InceptionHosting said: Those that took advantage of last week's offer will get automatically upgraded bandwidth/transfer but I need some time as it is manual, feel free to raise a ticket if you don't see BW/Transfer matching the specs below after 7 days I am human and miss things.

    <3

  • vbloodsvbloods Member

    good sale .

  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @Boogeyman said:
    @InceptionHosting PM'd you.

    responded.

  • thedpthedp Member

    Thanked by 1Clouvider

    DP - Tech and Hosting related Domain Names for sale. PM for list/details.


  • Ok, so now I got 1GB, 2GB and the 4GB version. Great deal :)

    Thx @InceptionHosting

    Thanked by 1InceptionHosting
  • heLL_bOyheLL_bOy Member
    edited March 17

    do you accept asian customer?

    as far i know you non-accept china customer, how about the rest asia region?

  • YABS 1GB UK

    ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

    Yet-Another-Bench-Script

    v2020-12-29

    https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

    ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

    Basic System Information:

    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores : 2 @ 3791.992 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 985.2 MiB
    Swap : 256.0 MiB
    Disk : 29.5 GiB

    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

    Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 17.87 MB/s (4.4k) 153.60 MB/s (2.4k)
    Write 17.87 MB/s (4.4k) 154.41 MB/s (2.4k)
    Total 35.74 MB/s (8.9k) 308.01 MB/s (4.8k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 252.48 MB/s (493) 276.24 MB/s (269)
    Write 265.90 MB/s (519) 294.64 MB/s (287)
    Total 518.39 MB/s (1.0k) 570.88 MB/s (556)

    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 639 Mbits/sec | 463 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | 652 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 405 Mbits/sec | 137 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 506 Mbits/sec | 214 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 833 Mbits/sec | 230 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 204 Mbits/sec | 149 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 152 Mbits/sec | 152 Mbits/sec

    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 610 Mbits/sec | 494 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 318 Mbits/sec | busy
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 499 Mbits/sec | 117 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 150 Mbits/sec | 52.1 Mbits/sec

    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

    Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 328
    Multi Core | 280
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6996186

    Thanked by 1InceptionHosting
  • YABS 1GB NL

    ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

    Yet-Another-Bench-Script

    v2020-12-29

    https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

    ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

    Basic System Information:

    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2276G CPU @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores : 2 @ 3792.020 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 985.2 MiB
    Swap : 256.0 MiB
    Disk : 29.5 GiB

    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

    Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 334.99 MB/s (83.7k) 1.08 GB/s (17.0k)
    Write 335.87 MB/s (83.9k) 1.09 GB/s (17.1k)
    Total 670.87 MB/s (167.7k) 2.18 GB/s (34.1k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.13 GB/s (2.2k) 1.16 GB/s (1.1k)
    Write 1.19 GB/s (2.3k) 1.24 GB/s (1.2k)
    Total 2.33 GB/s (4.5k) 2.40 GB/s (2.3k)

    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 9.16 Gbits/sec | 8.53 Gbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | busy
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 809 Mbits/sec | 53.6 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 2.22 Gbits/sec | 2.07 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.75 Gbits/sec | 1.46 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.06 Gbits/sec | 1.04 Gbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 63.5 Mbits/sec | 813 Mbits/sec

    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 8.74 Gbits/sec | 8.35 Gbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 7.06 Gbits/sec | 6.43 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 1.99 Gbits/sec | 1.99 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.06 Gbits/sec | 980 Mbits/sec

    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

    Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1180
    Multi Core | 2155
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6996367

    Thanked by 1InceptionHosting
  • UK node is very limited :neutral:
    NL node is great!

  • is this a recurring deal?

    Thanked by 1InceptionHosting
  • benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited March 17

    @licher70 said:
    is this a recurring deal?

    Yes, take a look at the "recurring amount" for confirmation.

    became his black friday dreams fulfilled by InceptionHosting and HostHatch - amazing providers, amazing deals. Good job.

  • tomletomle Member
    edited March 17

    Haha feels great to have bought an AMS KVM yesterday evening :wink:
    Wondering if the RackNerd post your order number for double/triple bandwidth would work here as well :smiley: 3313483762

    RIPE LIR: Contact me for ASN registrations/IPv6. No IPv4 space left.

  • LufiLufi Member

    Possible with 10gbit shared port?

  • @tomle why do the fanboys have to mention that company in everyones threads? Maybe go ask them in the other thread that since you left the "gang" and were unfaithful could they double whatever they have to make you faithful again

    Thanked by 1corbpie
  • ChalipaChalipa Member

    @InceptionHosting I ordered this from your last offer

    UK KVM - London

    2 CPU Cores (E3-1270v6)
    2 GB RAM (DDR4)
    50 GB NVMe Disk Space
    1 gbit port speed (shared/ DDOS protection included)
    2 TB Transfer / month
    1 x IPv4
    1 x /64 IPv6
    Free Direct admin license on demmand
    Network test page: https://as62240.net/tools
    Order Link
    €25 /year

    Since you didn't have 2GB package in NL, any chance to get

    2 vCPU Cores
    2 GB RAM (DDR4)
    50 GB NVMe Disk Space
    1 gbit port speed (shared/ DDOS protection included)
    6000 GB Transfer / month
    1 x IPv4
    1 x /64 IPv6
    Free Direct admin license on demand
    Network test page: https://as62240.net/tools
    London - Order Link
    Amsterdam - Order Link
    €25 /year

    instead of the one I have in UK?

  • serv_eeserv_ee Member

    This "double bw, double disk" stuff is just a neat marketing gimmick tho.

    Nothing against it but I just find it funny, especially the "bw" part.

    Thanked by 1skorupion

    hm. I've lost a machine.. literally lost. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  • ChocowebChocoweb Member
    edited March 18

    @Lufi said:
    Possible with 10gbit shared port?

    It's 10G in AMS according to the benchmark result though

  • Lt88Lt88 Member

    Order Number: 3639378459
    Help to restore an order

  • LTnigerLTniger Member

    Can we get quad bw and sixtuple hdd?

    #!/Bashblog.net | Free Wordpress Hosting | If you can't idle, what's the point?

  • xetsysxetsys Member

    Order Number: 9346596176

    Can't order it for some reason. Perks of third world country, I guess.

  • wii747wii747 Member
    edited March 18

    wow offer was too good, got 2 vm's in london :smile:

    Thanked by 1InceptionHosting
  • bshbsh Member

    @LTniger said:
    Can we get quad bw and sixtuple hdd?

    Buy car, get promotion girl !

    Thanked by 1LTniger
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @heLL_bOy said:
    do you accept asian customer?

    as far i know you non-accept china customer, how about the rest asia region?

    Pop a ticket in, if we can help we will.

    @lebidule said:
    UK node is very limited :neutral:
    NL node is great!

    There was a provisioning issue with the automation that loaded to many servers on 1 node, I am working on that today and hope to see things improve in the UK for the impacted.

    @Lufi said:
    Possible with 10gbit shared port?

    In AMS yes, however they are advertised with 1gbit ports as that is what they will ultimately become, the longer term plan is to look to move to an unmetered option e.g. you get full speed for your initial allowance of BW and then get capped to 1gbit or something like that, we are working on it.

    @Chalipa said:
    @InceptionHosting I ordered this from your last offer

    UK KVM - London

    2 CPU Cores (E3-1270v6)
    2 GB RAM (DDR4)
    50 GB NVMe Disk Space
    1 gbit port speed (shared/ DDOS protection included)
    2 TB Transfer / month
    1 x IPv4
    1 x /64 IPv6
    Free Direct admin license on demmand
    Network test page: https://as62240.net/tools
    Order Link
    €25 /year

    Since you didn't have 2GB package in NL, any chance to get

    2 vCPU Cores
    2 GB RAM (DDR4)
    50 GB NVMe Disk Space
    1 gbit port speed (shared/ DDOS protection included)
    6000 GB Transfer / month
    1 x IPv4
    1 x /64 IPv6
    Free Direct admin license on demand
    Network test page: https://as62240.net/tools
    London - Order Link
    Amsterdam - Order Link
    €25 /year

    instead of the one I have in UK?

    Just pop a ticket in, if you don't mine a recreation rather than a data move we can do that for you.

    @serv_ee said:
    This "double bw, double disk" stuff is just a neat marketing gimmick tho.

    Nothing against it but I just find it funny, especially the "bw" part.

    Well BW wise, maybe, although it is actually triple :) for disk, it is allocated at the time of provisioning so less of a gimmick as it's literally allocated, you. get get it and it is a tangible thing rather than BW which you may never use.

    @Lt88 said:
    Order Number: 3639378459
    Help to restore an order

    Please use tickets for these requests the forum is not monitored as frequently.

  • tomletomle Member

    @DataGizmos said:
    @tomle why do the fanboys have to mention that company in everyones threads? Maybe go ask them in the other thread that since you left the "gang" and were unfaithful could they double whatever they have to make you faithful again

    Because why not? I'm not a RackNerd fanboy, in fact I bought this to potentially replace a RackNerd service, but I think that it's a clever marketing trick from RackNerd that has obviously paid off.
    I'm buying a service here, and when doing so I'm allowed to search for the best offer. I do it when I look for a mobile subscription, house mortgage, so why not here? Also, very few are using the allocated bandwidth quota it's basically for free anyway for the hosting providers.
    If you buy a TV today and it's 10% off tomorrow, wouldn't you go back to the store to try to get those 10%? I would and it's always easier for the store to give me 10% than having to go through the hassle of a return.

    I'm also fine if @InceptionHosting says no, I bought a service at a certain specification and while I was happy with that, seeing a better offer at the same price point is something I notice. Worth noting is also that I'm still within the 48h refund window so I could potentially ask for a refund and order again and I don't think that it's beneficial for either party. So basically @InceptionHosting could grant the triple bandwidth "for free", make me happy/happier and gain some goodwill, or choose not to.

    That being said, would I request a refund? Probably not. Is it wrong of me asking to be upgraded to a better deal? I'd say, also no. Am I expecting to be upgraded? No, but it would be a nice gesture.

    RIPE LIR: Contact me for ASN registrations/IPv6. No IPv4 space left.

  • jsgjsg Member
    edited March 18

    As many here probably know I strongly dislike Anthony Smith because he attempted to bleed LET dry and to all but kill it.

    But I now got access (via a friend) to one of the small NL 1 GB VPSs InceptionHosting offers in this thread and as a benchmarker I must (and want to) be fair and objective no matter what, so here is my first impression based on a few benchmark runs:

    Great product, seriously!
    The processor and memory is really fast (SC 415 MB/s, MC 770 MB/s) and one really gets 2 (shared) vCores. The only grain of salt is that there is no hardware AES support. The disk also is a nice and fast NVMe. And the connectivity is among the best I've ever seen on LET. And all that for €15/yr. Yay!

    My own interest in UK and NL VPSs is quite limited and saturated anyway and I still dislike A. Smith as a person, but I can't but laud these VPSs/his offer here. Kudos, recommended.

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @jsg said: My own interest in UK and NL VPSs is quite limited and saturated anyway and I still dislike A. Smith as a person, but I can't but laud these VPSs/his offer here. Kudos, recommended.

    Fiar enough, just for clarity, this is a shared account for the sales team, it is not AnthonySmith.

  • jsgjsg Member

    @InceptionHosting said:

    @jsg said: My own interest in UK and NL VPSs is quite limited and saturated anyway and I still dislike A. Smith as a person, but I can't but laud these VPSs/his offer here. Kudos, recommended.

    Fiar enough, just for clarity, this is a shared account for the sales team, it is not AnthonySmith.

    As long as that person is related to InceptionHosting my dislike includes the company too. That's me as a private person.
    Me as a benchmarker aim for objectivity and fairness, no matter what, so in that function (which I took on as a service to our LET community) my personal views are put in the back seat and my objective view is that the products offered in this thread are really great and a very good value.

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • @jsg said:
    As many here probably know I strongly dislike Anthony Smith because he attempted to bleed LET dry and to all but kill it.

    But I now got access (via a friend) to one of the small NL 1 GB VPSs InceptionHosting offers in this thread and as a benchmarker I must (and want to) be fair and objective no matter what, so here is my first impression based on a few benchmark runs:

    Great product, seriously!
    The processor and memory is really fast (SC 415 MB/s, MC 770 MB/s) and one really gets 2 (shared) vCores. The only grain of salt is that there is no hardware AES support. The disk also is a nice and fast NVMe. And the connectivity is among the best I've ever seen on LET. And all that for €15/yr. Yay!

    My own interest in UK and NL VPSs is quite limited and saturated anyway and I still dislike A. Smith as a person, but I can't but laud these VPSs/his offer here. Kudos, recommended.

    See this about the CPU AES-NI issue.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3213699/#Comment_3213699


    @InceptionHosting Is the disk using RAID? If yes which RAID level?

    Thanked by 1jsg
  • heLL_bOyheLL_bOy Member
    edited March 18

    @InceptionHosting said:

    @heLL_bOy said:
    do you accept asian customer?

    as far i know you non-accept china customer, how about the rest asia region?

    Pop a ticket in, if we can help we will.

    has opened up the ticket, but get rejected by your company :(

    i feel very disappointed on it and its first time been rejected.

  • mcgreemcgree Member

    stupid service

    When I go through the ticket method for identity verification and then stop less than two hours after payment, who says it must be the same as the payer information and my registration information, I don't have a credit card, what's so strange about that?

  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @Chocoweb said: See this about the CPU AES-NI issue.

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3213699/#Comment_3213699

    To repeat again for everyone else, install via template and you will get full CPU passthrough/ instruction sets, you can then immediately install via ISO if you wish, this just saves having to use a ticket in to request cpu passthrough.

    Just a limitation of the SolusVM (VPS) control panel

  • jsgjsg Member

    I'll partially quote

    @InceptionHosting said:
    I agree it is ridiculous but it is what it is

    Yes, it's indeed ridiculous and why should I delete the installation, install some template and then reinstall my VPS? Won't happen - and shouldn't be needed; The IH team has clearly demonstrated that they are well capable to do a good job and I expect them to really solve that problem.
    That said, I mentioned AES only because I know that many want to have hardware AES support. I personally don't care and think that the VPSs offered in this thread are great with or without AES anyway.

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @mcgree said: who says it must be the same as the payer information and my registration information,

    You confirmed you understood this explicitly during the order process, 3 times, you cannot continue with the order unless you confirm you understand this.

    There were many risk factors with your order including IP origin, the name being different from the account, the address being different from the account, the card is registered to someone else from a different country.

    Sorry if you feel that is stupid, but it is a very high business risk.

    We also take PayPal, and debit cards, and crypto.

  • @mcgree said: When I go >through the ticket method for identity verification and then stop less than two hours >after payment, who says it must be the same as the payer information and my >registration information

    See their KB. Some providers don't want to take any risk at all. I couldn't crack this deal either due to this issue. Can anyone match this deal?

  • mcgreemcgree Member

    using this product is the biggest risk, you don't know when your service will be suspended, deleted, and the reason may be your privacy they don't know.

  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @mcgree said:
    using this product is the biggest risk, you don't know when your service will be suspended, deleted, and the reason may be your privacy they don't know.

    There is no risk, despite you being fully refunded already your data has been preserved as you know already and we have even offered to move it to a location of your choosing for you.

    I appreciate you are not happy about the situation but consistently miss representing facts is really not very mature.

  • mcgreemcgree Member

    @Boogeyman said:

    @mcgree said: When I go >through the ticket method for identity verification and then stop less than two hours >after payment, who says it must be the same as the payer information and my >registration information

    See their KB. Some providers don't want to take any risk at all. I couldn't crack this deal either due to this issue. Can anyone match this deal?

    In fact, it's such a ridiculous RULE that probably only Europeans and manual audits to confirm that the server is used for IDLE can buy it.

  • jsgjsg Member

    @Boogeyman said:

    @mcgree said: When I go >through the ticket method for identity verification and then stop less than two hours >after payment, who says it must be the same as the payer information and my >registration information

    See their KB. Some providers don't want to take any risk at all. I couldn't crack this deal either due to this issue. Can anyone match this deal?

    I'm afraid chances are slim, not because the price is so low but because one gets a really nice VPS for the low price.
    Maybe @seriesn could and would help you out. From what I see he is the only provider who sells good, even great VPSs for a low price. There are of course others with cheap offers (some even cheaper than the current IS offer) but none of those gets even close to the performance and quality of the current IH offer (other than seriesn) that I know of. Theoretically @cociu might have a sweet e5-26xxv4 deal for you too but he has no NL location afaik.

    Thanked by 1seriesn

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • @jsg said: but he has no NL location afaik.

    I don't have any preferred location. Anywhere is fine in this config and budget range.

  • jsgjsg Member
    edited March 18

    Here is a quick benchmark, based on only 5 runs though.

    Machine: amd64, Arch.: amd64, Model: QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    OS, version: FreeBSD 12.2, Mem.: 988 MB
    CPU - Cores: 2, Family/Model/Stepping: 6/13/3
    Cache: 32K/32K L1d/L1i, 2M L2, 16M L3
    Std. Flags: fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
              cflsh mmx fxsr sse sse2 sse3 cx16 x2apic hypervisor
    Ext. Flags: syscall nx lm lahf_lm
    ----- Processor and Memory -----
    
    ProcMem SC [MB/s]: avg 420.7 - min 418.0 (99.4 %), max 423.8 (100.7 %)
    ProcMem MC [MB/s]: avg 786.2 - min 769.1 (97.8 %), max 820.4 (104.3 %)
    
    --- Disk - Buffered ---
    Write seq. [MB/s]: avg 1639.14 - min 1470.64 (89.7%), max 1773.30 (108.2%)
    Write rnd. [MB/s]: avg 6356.89 - min 4200.47 (66.1%), max 8174.21 (128.6%)
    Read seq. [MB/s]:  avg 2083.41 - min 2019.84 (96.9%), max 2131.44 (102.3%)
    Read rnd. [MB/s]:  avg 3473.03 - min 2687.65 (77.4%), max 5528.81 (159.2%)
    --- Disk - Sync/Direct ---
    Write seq. [MB/s]: avg 109.91 - min 96.76 (88.0%), max 115.87 (105.4%)
    Write rnd. [MB/s]: avg 188.73 - min 165.26 (87.6%), max 220.94 (117.1%)
    Read seq. [MB/s]:  avg 2356.22 - min 2130.00 (90.4%), max 2541.97 (107.9%)
    Read rnd. [MB/s]:  avg 230.51 - min 188.79 (81.9%), max 384.86 (167.0%)
    
    --- Network ---
    US LAX lax.download.datapacket.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 43.66 - min 39.60 (90.7%), max 46.39 (106.3%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 147.7 - min 146.4 (99.1%), max 151.0 (102.2%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 148.9 - min 146.4 (98.3%), max 153.3 (103.0%)
    
    NO OSL speedtest.osl01.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 185.79 - min 180.59 (97.2%), max 191.07 (102.8%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 27.4 - min 26.9 (98.3%), max 27.8 (101.6%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 27.4 - min 26.9 (98.3%), max 27.8 (101.6%)
    
    US SJC speedtest.sjc01.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 39.85 - min 38.65 (97.0%), max 40.58 (101.8%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 155.8 - min 155.5 (99.8%), max 156.2 (100.3%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 156.6 - min 155.5 (99.3%), max 159.3 (101.7%)
    
    AU MEL speedtest.c1.mel1.dediserve.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 20.79 - min 18.45 (88.7%), max 21.87 (105.2%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 293.8 - min 290.3 (98.8%), max 306.6 (104.3%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 295.0 - min 290.5 (98.5%), max 306.6 (103.9%)
    
    JP TOK speedtest.tokyo2.linode.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 25.17 - min 20.08 (79.8%), max 27.56 (109.5%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 227.3 - min 226.9 (99.8%), max 227.8 (100.2%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 233.6 - min 228.7 (97.9%), max 241.0 (103.2%)
    
    IT MIL speedtest.mil01.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 182.47 - min 169.93 (93.1%), max 190.13 (104.2%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 28.2 - min 27.9 (98.8%), max 28.5 (100.9%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 28.3 - min 27.9 (98.6%), max 28.6 (101.1%)
    
    TR_UNK  185.65.204.169
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 16.11 - min 0.00 (0.0%), max 59.80 (371.2%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 51.7 - min 46.9 (90.8%), max 67.9 (131.4%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 51.7 - min 46.9 (90.7%), max 67.9 (131.3%)
    
    FR PAR speedtest.par01.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 466.83 - min 450.75 (96.6%), max 508.48 (108.9%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 10.0 - min 9.6 (95.8%), max 10.3 (102.8%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 11.7 - min 10.3 (87.7%), max 12.4 (105.6%)
    
    SG SGP mirror.sg.leaseweb.net
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 36.54 - min 36.09 (98.8%), max 36.88 (100.9%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 160.8 - min 159.9 (99.4%), max 162.7 (101.2%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 160.8 - min 159.9 (99.4%), max 162.7 (101.2%)
    
    BR SAO speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 26.55 - min 24.92 (93.9%), max 27.84 (104.9%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 200.6 - min 200.3 (99.8%), max 201.0 (100.2%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 200.6 - min 200.3 (99.8%), max 201.0 (100.2%)
    
    IN CHN speedtest.che01.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 26.82 - min 26.09 (97.3%), max 27.70 (103.3%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 187.2 - min 187.0 (99.9%), max 187.4 (100.1%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 193.8 - min 192.2 (99.2%), max 196.0 (101.1%)
    
    US WDC mirror.wdc1.us.leaseweb.net
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 39.72 - min 0.00 (0.0%), max 69.46 (174.9%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 85.7 - min 85.0 (99.2%), max 87.0 (101.5%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 86.0 - min 85.1 (98.9%), max 87.0 (101.1%)
    
    RU MOS speedtest.hostkey.ru
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 111.11 - min 99.99 (90.0%), max 120.53 (108.5%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 41.1 - min 40.4 (98.3%), max 41.5 (101.0%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 46.6 - min 41.5 (89.1%), max 51.5 (110.6%)
    
    US DAL speedtest.dal05.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 49.07 - min 47.86 (97.5%), max 50.51 (102.9%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 124.8 - min 124.5 (99.7%), max 125.3 (100.4%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 124.9 - min 124.5 (99.7%), max 125.3 (100.4%)
    
    UK LON speedtest.lon02.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 575.47 - min 481.24 (83.6%), max 681.35 (118.4%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 8.7 - min 8.4 (96.3%), max 9.1 (104.4%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 9.5 - min 8.6 (90.9%), max 10.1 (106.8%)
    
    US NYC nyc.download.datapacket.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 87.13 - min 82.29 (94.4%), max 89.87 (103.1%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 74.4 - min 73.8 (99.2%), max 74.7 (100.4%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 74.5 - min 73.8 (99.1%), max 74.8 (100.5%)
    
    RO BUC 185.183.99.8
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 148.26 - min 142.73 (96.3%), max 154.88 (104.5%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 44.8 - min 44.3 (99.0%), max 45.8 (102.3%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 44.8 - min 44.3 (99.0%), max 45.8 (102.3%)
    
    CN_HK  mirror.hk.leaseweb.net
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 26.36 - min 0.00 (0.0%), max 33.51 (127.1%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 182.6 - min 182.3 (99.8%), max 183.3 (100.4%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 182.8 - min 182.3 (99.7%), max 183.3 (100.3%)
    
    DE FRA fra.lg.core-backbone.com
      DL [Mb/s]:      avg 597.26 - min 443.35 (74.2%), max 683.22 (114.4%)
      Ping [ms]:      avg 6.8 - min 6.3 (92.9%), max 7.1 (104.7%)
      Web ping [ms]:  avg 7.1 - min 6.4 (90.7%), max 7.8 (110.5%)
    

    So we are talking about a processor and memory in the higher end Xeon or the Zen regions. Can't get much better than that.

    The disk is on a decent NVMe level and quite consistent, breaking in somewhat only (funnily) when random reading and writing. Also note that it's one of the rather few disks in LET offers that stays in the 3 digit MB/s region even in unbuffered writes.

    As for the network, I've already summarized it: some of the best results I ever saw at LET. Just one example: 85+ Mb/s cross-Atlantic to NYC! Hell, I've seen quite a few american providers who can't achieve that within their own country.

    TL;DR Even the smallest VPS on offer would be easily sufficient for say medium WP sites and the 4GB VPS will outperform quite a few of the cheap older Xeon dedis. Example: a 2450L or a 26xxv2 typically achieves just about 1/3 of what these VPSs here achieve - and for a ridiculously lower price at that. I'm impressed (and will nag @seriesn to offer something that outclasses these VPSs g).
    Also kudos to @Clouvider in case this runs on his network.

    In closing, sorry that I couldn't/can't do more runs but it's a friends VPS and he needs it back.

    Well done, @InceptionHosting.

    Thanked by 2seriesn Clouvider

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider
    edited March 18

    Thanks @jsg! 10/10 agreed. @Clouvider probably has one of the "best" network I have seen in this community. The deals @InceptionHosting hosting providing here are not only awesome and fantastic, but also impossible to provide at their current price point, within the same dc, without the backing of the dc.

    Gobble up these deals folks, great bang for the bucks if you are a data hog!

  • WythejWythej Member

    Interested in the 15/year plan. Possible to mount custom iso or are there any windows templates as I want to install windows server.
    30GB space is more than enough for my needs.

  • wii747wii747 Member

    @Wythej said:
    Interested in the 15/year plan. Possible to mount custom iso or are there any windows templates as I want to install windows server.
    30GB space is more than enough for my needs.

    there are windows server 2016/2019 iso to mount

    Thanked by 1InceptionHosting
  • WythejWythej Member

    @wii747 said:

    @Wythej said:
    Interested in the 15/year plan. Possible to mount custom iso or are there any windows templates as I want to install windows server.
    30GB space is more than enough for my needs.

    there are windows server 2016/2019 iso to mount

    Thanks. May I know if custom iso is supported?

  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider

    @Wythej said:

    @wii747 said:

    @Wythej said:
    Interested in the 15/year plan. Possible to mount custom iso or are there any windows templates as I want to install windows server.
    30GB space is more than enough for my needs.

    there are windows server 2016/2019 iso to mount

    Thanks. May I know if custom iso is supported?

    Not as standard, as long as it is something we can get from an official repository or site we can consider permanently adding it though.

Sign In or Register to comment.