Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will any managed servers install custom software?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will any managed servers install custom software?

I'm currently running multiple VPS's to run my business but I'm at the point where the time needed to manage servers doesn't seem to make sense anymore.

I was thinking of the idea of having a managed server that will deal with installation/maintaining for me, but I'm not sure how feasible it is.

For example, I'd need software like Matomo and Mautic installed, maintained etc. Along with NGINX/Wordpress stack.

Does something like this exist? What are the limits of typical managed hosting? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Ask the provider. I bet @seriesn should be able to help you out

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

We can tweak management level to whatever you need. Whether it's just the initial setup and ongoing updates, right through adding new software and putting new websites live.

• @Barnesanger said:
    Ask the provider. I bet @seriesn should be able to help you out

Thanks for the mention fam <3

@stab said: What are the limits of typical managed hosting?

Most of your typical managed hosting would be limited to maintaining the standard stack/panel.

@stab said: I'd need software like Matomo and Mautic installed, maintained etc. Along with NGINX/Wordpress stack.

Installing software isn't a problem. Maintenance on the other hand is. This is when you are looking into full blown admin hours. Not sure about your budget my friend. But as we are here, the usual rule of thumb is "cheap" and code level administration won't be available within LE budget :).

I would look into contracting freelance admin services or maybe look into "managed" app hostings? :)

• depend on management level, a lot of companies will manage panel / stack with which they work unlimited or with which they sell the service unlimited

BUT will managed anything else they accept to manage on per hour basis